Shadow Priest DPS Help!

Hey!

I've been trying to learn/practise Spriest for my guild raid team. I think I get the general idea, however, I still have a lot of improving to do. I was wondering if anyone here would be kind enough to look through my logs and tell me how I can further improve? Or things I may be missing?

Since my account is new, I unfortunately can't post my Warcraft logs However, if you can search Miirah-Thaurissan, you should be able to find my logs!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

It's this simple. Shadow dps comes from a long surrender to madness because of the haste you get and its synergy with mass hysteria.

On the first nythendra log I checked you surrendered and popped PI together 30 seconds before the fight ended. Ditto for ursoc.

Theres a ton of resources around telling you how to surrender. Go and read up on it and practice it. Also look up the "time to die" weakaura that can help with knowing when to pop surrender.

On another note, get something better to track your dots. On your ursoc kill you had 93% VT uptime and less than 80% of SW:P - these things can't fall off. You also only used 2 executes the fight, seems like too few.

Since I'm half in I'll go all in. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=timeline

1) You open with mindblast and then minflay then apply pain then VT. Should be MB cast starts before pull then VT then pain. Never ever ever flay before your dots are up.
    2) It takes you 35 seconds to cast 3 mindblasts. Mash it on cooldown.
    3) Your first voidform you keep shielding yourself. If you have to move think why you had to move and try to avoid it in the future. Now if you REALLY have to move then do it every time you fire off a voidbolt. Time in voidform is important and you can't be shielding yourself on cooldown because you neglected to plan ahead.
    4) At 100 seconds you enter your 2nd voidform and immediately re-apply dots even tho you did that just 7 seconds ago for SW:P
    5) From 108 seconds to 112.5 you cast nothing in voidform.(These gaps happen a lot)

What I'd take from this is
    1) Learn to STM and practice it on a dummy
    2) Learn your rotation outside of it properly
    3) Set up your UI so it is clean and has good information on it so you don't feel compelled to re-dot at silly random times
    4) CAST CAST CAST. Theres far too many 3/4 second gaps where you do nothing.

Good luck.