Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I seem to absolutely annihilate anyone on my Rogue whether I'm Assa or Outlaw... As Assa I can drop them in the opener half the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    I seem to absolutely annihilate anyone on my Rogue whether I'm Assa or Outlaw... As Assa I can drop them in the opener half the time.
    As Sub you can do it even better

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    As Sub you can do it even better
    This is very true, though I haven't really played sub this expo. The multi charge/low duration shadowdance threw me off that and Im too casual to bother with 3 arti trait weapons lol! 2 is hard enough as it is...! still need to decide whether to stick it out as Assa or Outlaw to get one max

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Rets too. Mage almost hard counters them imo (at least i feel pretty comfortable against them) and ehn sham I guess.. but I can't think of much else that should beat them with any consistency outside of draws.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Ret is king.

But I wouldn't pick it now, because Blizzard are probably going to nerf the spec and put it down to where it always was - second-rate melee choice with the only gimmick being that they can stay their ground against other melee in solo due to personal saves. Ie, ret will continue to be kind of fine for duels, but mostly only against melee (and not all melee).
    ya in recent PTR notes rets losing another -5% in str from pvp templates and our JV strike (one that does 100% more dmg on stunned targets in wpvp and 50% extra dmg in pvp) is nerfed from 50% in pvp to 25% extra dmg in pvp... sigh so.... i guess i cant crit 1 mil on a stunned target any more =(((

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Yeh totally agree, in Open World is a totally different story, the same disc may as well kill me without PvP-templates.

Honestly i have worst luck when it comes to world pvp lol since my server is highly one sided. Once i did have a chance jump prot war, so every time i would get him low, he would leap away, kill NPC, victory rush and heal..after 12-15 minutes of such "pvp" i gave up and hearthed away lol.
    I got a prot war often low in wpvp on my rogue too, since rogues are quite different when it comes to wpvp compared to instanced pvp, they actually do burst and can be very scary.

However, any tank with some awareness who is not afk, is unkillable. Many passives of tanks only kick in when he is at a low health bar, like 35%, if you ever wondered why they do not drop to zero this is the reasion. Just passives not even cds saved for desperate situations. So HP bars on tanks do not mean that much it will only confuse players. He can have 4-6 million hp and they drop instantly to 1 million in a few seconds in wpvp and then they stop to fall.

Waste of time........so i in the end the fred is easy to answer:

in wpvp duels its always either a tank spec or disc priest, who is simply doing op dmg and is immortal i think i take disc priest here. Too op from what i have seen so far and i thought my shadow is doing well, but this is insane(only wpvp) same or more bursty dmg, but immortal to everything.

Wpvp is a fucking joke, more than ever in legion as in previous xpansions due to bursty artefacts.

Honorable people only do duels with dd specs and artefact removed :P Since its a duel in the same faction rules can be applied like a bushido code, to add some sense to them. I also see people streaming, like that stupid frost dk(forgot the name) using str potions and flasks for duels and feeling good and skillful about it. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Depends, if like me on my Sub Rogue, you have the Valeera legendary, I can just heal myself forever. If not, then eh. So it varies a lot.

Thats true too, that leg is op, it turns the rogue into a tanky healer who still has obscence amounts of dmg and burst.

Now i think rogues are far the best class for duels, if the duel is actually on the broken isles. Because you have endless vanish powder for unlimited vanishes, do not know if those are greyed out, if pvp flagged, tho. Only needed it in that pesky suramar city.

Its a sweet excuse for pruned prep, tho.

Do not know if follower guards still worked in wpvp? they worked still in sep/oct in wq pvp. Some are clearly too strong, like that for rogues giving 100% crit in stealth as sub or garona adding massive poison dmg as burst on first hit.

I have the feeling this got all hotfixed by now.

- - - Updated - - -

This is very true, though I haven't really played sub this expo. The multi charge/low duration shadowdance threw me off that and Im too casual to bother with 3 arti trait weapons lol! 2 is hard enough as it is...! still need to decide whether to stick it out as Assa or Outlaw to get one max
    not hard at all to play all 3 specs, however its hard to max all 3 artefacts right now, so better only stay with 1 spec.

I am assassin, too because the ST dmg is great more so in pve that is quite more popular right now, but it lacks too much cc for arenas, i miss solarplexus more than blind that is coming back, and prep for all specs instead of a usless mass stealth.(who cares for others as a rogue and in duels anyways? No one ever asked me to use mass stealth i just popped it in wod)

best part of sub is no fall dmg on the broken isles, what i hate though, is, i planned to play sub exlusively in legion because it was a spec during beta that was very tanky with a theme about stealth and selfheal. But in the last beta they nerfed soothing darkness in pvp so hard its not even fun -80% selfheal ticks in that bursty pvp meta is ridiculous lol. Actually it effectively stopped me playing sub, since that stealth+heal design was the only thing i was most excited about in beta. now you get that feel back with a feint legendary, only.

While the great class design team next plan is to double the energy cost of feint, while i still do not see a stat like haste provide proper energy generation, its way undertuned, atm.

Its really a pity. But stealthy selfheals "outplays" were considered too broken in 2vs2 arenas, thanks to the pshero blindfolded streams.

Last edited by Tyrannica; 2016-12-22 at 02:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Honorable people only do duels with dd specs and artefact removed :P Since its a duel in the same faction rules can be applied like a bushido code, to add some sense to them. I also see people streaming, like that stupid frost dk(forgot the name) using str potions and flasks for duels and feeling good and skillful about it. lol
    [/video]
    I never thought to compare bushido code to duels, but now that you mention i really like the idea =) to link those to for a "fair" duel, but yes as you said soooooooo many ppl use pots and other pve toys. I remb i dueled a prot pally in WoD after pre-legion patch went life, he used legendary ring, pots, potion for buff, some type of absorb that you use and puts absorb on yourself for X amount of seconds (no clue what it is to be honest), food buff lmao and more i simply dont know half of the stuff he used, while my ret was in PVP gear + PvP wpn only lol.

Do not know if follower guards still worked in wpvp? they worked still in sep/oct in wq pvp. Some are clearly too strong, like that for rogues giving 100% crit in stealth as sub or garona adding massive poison dmg as burst on first hit.

I have the feeling this got all hotfixed by now.
    They still work in WPVP, just like legendaries. At least, I still get the 3s of Crit from Mathias.

best part of sub is no fall dmg on the broken isles,
    Yep, I have two Rogues. Both are Sub but my main is obviously is a lot further in the artifact. When I play the other I nearly kill myself constantly jumping off of cliffs. God help us after Legion when we lose that.

Mages are almost always a top tier dueling class, due to their high burst and ability to reset whenever they feel like it.
    Also, high mobility and cookies.
    This guy, for example, has won 50 000 duels and lost 1000:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...atistic#21:154

Been watching Whaaz and Pshero quite a lot and they seem to struggle with Assa but then they swap to Outlaw and start absolutely trucking people left right and centre...

Deleted
    not sure how in world duels but in arena 1v1 good WW gives a LOT of problems to my Ret (good ones). But with recent FoF nerf, WW are not as scary.
    Also Frost Mages are very good (from Ret's pov)
    you realise FoF got buffed right ?

Been watching Whaaz and Pshero quite a lot and they seem to struggle with Assa but then they swap to Outlaw and start absolutely trucking people left right and centre...
    Probably because there's actually more of a skillcap to Sub/Outlaw than /wrist-ination, and they can make use of that, whereas Assass is just... well, assass. Mongoloid tunnelling since you have no utility/CC.

10+ Year Old Account
    My ret can. A lot of times I killed disc within 30 sec of arena start as ret around 2.1/2.2k discs ) and my healer just afked
    They are referring to duels not instanced BGs where every class have their numbers adjusted (by which I mean nerfed).

As for the question, tanks are usually pretty hard to beat in duels since they don't receive the major defensive nerfs they get while in instanced PvP. Prot Wars/Pallies and BrMs are pretty hard to beat in a duel. Never dueled a Guardian Druid, but I'd imagine they'd be immortal as well.

VDH and BDKs are a bit easier since they can be kited.

I'd say a Rogue with that cloak legendary that stacks fan of knives buffs, can be pretty good too I'm guessing. Hitting someone with the full stacks of the legendary would probably take 80+% of the target's HP in one go. I've seen it hit for over 2 million.

Havocs who use Meta are probably number one though. They are immortal with their leach mechanic/talent and their meta lasts like 40 seconds, so you can't just chain CC them in hopes it'll wear off. I've literally been beaten (from 100% to on my knees) in 2 seconds by them in duels. Only chance I have is if I spec tank.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neohobeo View Post
    Before it got buffed it got a huge nerf. Doesn't do damage it did originally. With that said, if the Ret is losing to a WW in a 1v1, the Ret is garbage. There is just no way they should lose to a WW with the appropriate talents. Even without the use of LoH, the WWs should still be easy.

WWs do good damage, but they are one of the weakest defense-wise. They depend on running away/kiting and healing themselves so they don't die. Problem against Rets, is that the Ret can also heal themselves at that time and they do just as much damage (if not more) as the WW while having SHIT TONS more defense. Only part they lose to WWs is mobility and CC.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2016-12-22 at 08:27 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

^ vengeance has speed boost from immo aura and 2x leap, with talent it has felblade. I probably have the same, if not better, mobility than my havoc spec haha. And I'm tanky as fck also. Love flag carrying and fighting 2-4 people until my team arrive, great fun

Ret. Built in trinket on your artifact, high ass damage, bubble, bop, ect. Just all around one of the strongest 1v1 classes in the game.

Other wise, WW monk. (Note WW 'should' lose to ret given ret can ignore the two CD combo of TOD + serenity thanks to bubble)

Edit: I am assuming we're talking about dps specs, not tank / healers.

Quote Originally Posted by neohobeo View Post
    Hm i coulda swear i read somewhere that FoF got nerfed by 20% (or around that number) in pvp templates (was referring in original post to a pvp instance, not a wpvp/duel).

Edit: Just read @Severem post, about FoF, he explained it =)
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-12-22 at 09:09 PM.