Page 94 of 107 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    No wonder they have such common sense gun rights based on the Constitutional rights of the citizens.
    I actually voted in favor of that particular amendment.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Is this the Democrat version of "We're going to impeach Obama for breaking the constitution" from before Obama even got inaugurated?
    No one on the republican side said that; it was more along the lines of "we aren't sure if this guy is even an American." But, keep shying away from his unwillingness to divest himself from his business and his children using their public exposure to leverage better business deals, it really shows why you guys won.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    13 state legislatures, actually.

Also, it's noteworthy that the actual split isn't as severe as it seems. Republicans control 56% of state seats, Democrats 43%, and a lot of those flip pretty regularly.

It's actually pretty similar with governorships, where right now its 33 Republican, 16 Democrats, 1 Independent, but I know for instance in Kansas that it's not crazy uncommon for us to have a Democrat governor, but I don't think we've had a Democrat majority legislature while I've been alive. Governorships seem to be less partisan than other positions.
    Control, as in both chambers.

This map shows post-election legislative control as of Wednesday morning. Republicans control both chambers of the legislature in 32 states, Democrats control both chambers of the legislature in 13 states and three states split control.

And Its not just me saying this was a bloodbath for the Democrats. At the state level this election was more akin to a crippled kid getting beat up by a high school football team in plated armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Reality of where? Do the Democrats control the Senate? More than 5 State legislatures? More than 15 Governorship? Do they control the House of Representatives? They sure as fuck don't control the White House.
    The next few years will be interesting to watch, in terms of Republican excuses every time shit hits the fan. Before, the Republicans would point fingers at Democrats/Obama faster than Han Solo could make the jump to hyperspace.

I look forward to very "creative" finger pointing. Undoubtedly, many will continue to try to blame them durn libruhl SJWs, but people will be far less likely to buy it.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    No one on the republican side said that; it was more along the lines of "we aren't sure if this guy is even an American." But, keep shying away from his unwillingness to divest himself from his business and his children using their public exposure to leverage better business deals, it really shows why you guys won.
    I don't know who this we is, since I didn't vote Trump.

But I did win. Republican or Democrat, there would be salty tears to quaff. And boy did those tears flow freely like they did in 2008.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    The next few years will be interesting to watch, in terms of Republican excuses every time shit hits the fan. Before, the Republicans would point fingers at Democrats/Obama faster than Han Solo could make the jump to hyperspace.

I look forward to very "creative" finger pointing. Undoubtedly, many will continue to try to blame them durn libruhl SJWs, but people will be far less likely to buy it.
    Considering Democrats complete lack of will to win an election and get power, we will have a long time after they blunder in 2020 and lose out in redistricting again. :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually voted in favor of that particular amendment.
    Awesome! It just proves to me you are just as leveled headed as I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    It depends if you believe majority rule can actually work. Do you?

One state cannot decide the fate of every other state. I would love to have a truly informed democratic process.
    Please explain where this "majority rule" bullshit keeps coming from.

A popular vote for President of the United States certainly wouldn't result in a majority rule. Each state still has their senators and representatives which control one third (and arguably the most powerful third) of the government. No state (or citizen) has any direct control over another third of the government. So what, exactly, is wrong with the citizens having control over the final third?

Legislative Branch: Determined by each state individually.
    Executive Branch: Determined by the country's citizens.
    Judiciary Branch: Determined by Executive and Legislative Branches (aka, best of both worlds).

Seems pretty fucking fair to me.

(Or are you the guy who thinks "one or two states" would hold all the power in such a vote? If so, I hate to break it to you, it would take all twelve of the most populated states in the country to determine who wins in such a vote, and those states include California, Texas, and Florda; all of which are notorious for having most of their citizens voting the same way.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I don't know who this we is, since I didn't vote Trump.

But I did win. Republican or Democrat, there would be salty tears to quaff. And boy did those tears flow freely like they did in 2008.
    I get it, you are "woke" like Zenkai, you just "get" it; racism is a manufactured talking point of the left, and the issues republicans hold on the environment, federal taxation, etc. are all on equal factual footing.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Again, you said 5 states, the actual number is 13.

I was using the same numbers. The split is 56% of seats to 43% of seats, with a lot of those seats being highly contentious and flipping on a moderately regular basis.

Governorships are the most unstable of the political positions as far as specific party control.

15+ Year Old Account
    13 state legislatures, actually.

Also, it's noteworthy that the actual split isn't as severe as it seems. Republicans control 56% of state seats, Democrats 43%, and a lot of those flip pretty regularly.

It's actually pretty similar with governorships, where right now its 33 Republican, 16 Democrats, 1 Independent, but I know for instance in Kansas that it's not crazy uncommon for us to have a Democrat governor, but I don't think we've had a Democrat majority legislature while I've been alive. Governorships seem to be less partisan than other positions.
    Plus she seems to be forgetting that redistricting isn't wholly controlled by the state legislature, and in many states... they don't have much say at all. It's how Republicans managed to gerrymander the fuck out of congressional districts in 2010 with Democrat control - because the state legislatures weren't wholly in control.

Here's to hoping that Trump will push regressive policy just like all the Trumpkins want. It'll make it all that much easier to regain control and get this country back on track.

It is unfortunate that we have people who want to bring children into this world while reveling in how much they want to see it fucked over. My grandparents prided themselves on always wanting to do what was best for their children and grandchildren. Meanwhile we have really shameful people on this very forum who very willingly want to see the world get fucked up just because they hold a grudge over social justice warriors.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Please explain where this "majority rule" bullshit keeps coming from.

A popular vote for President of the United States certainly wouldn't result in a majority rule. Each state still has their senators and representatives which control one third (and arguably the most powerful third) of the government. No state (or citizen) has any direct control over another third of the government. So what, exactly, is wrong with the citizens having control over the final third?

Legislative Branch: Determined by each state individually.
    Executive Branch: Determined by the country's citizens.
    Judiciary Branch: Determined by Executive and Legislative Branches (aka, best of both worlds).

Seems pretty fucking fair to me.

(Or are you the guy who thinks "one or two states" would hold all the power in such a vote? If so, I hate to break it to you, it would take all twelve of the most populated states in the country to determine who wins in such a vote, and those states include California, Texas, and Florda; all of which are notorious for having most of their citizens voting the same way.)
    You haven't been paying attention to certain "liberals" lately. They want to abolish the EC and want the majority to control the fate of everyone else.

Now you have fun dealing with them.

You haven't been paying attention to certain "liberals" lately. They want to abolish the EC and want the majority to control the fate of everyone else.
    Again, please explain.

Yes, people want the electoral college eradicated; it fails to do it's job and is unfair to the citizenship of the country. So with everything I posted in my last reply, please explain where this "majority to control the fate of everyone else" bullshit is coming from. You quoted it in the post right above this one, too, so don't try to play the ignorance card. Though I'm sure you will anyway, judging by the quoted reply above.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    I get it, you are "woke" like Zenkai, you just "get" it; racism is a manufactured talking point of the left, and the issues republicans hold on the environment, federal taxation, etc. are all on equal factual footing.
    No. I'm just deeply ashamed in the party I'm registered for keeps doing the things they belittle the opposition party for and prepared to watch that ship hit the cliffs head on if they can't pull their heads out of their asses in time.

In the meantime, I get to watch the cesspit of the Democrat voting base rise to the top to blame everyone else for losing, 2008 Republican style. And it is delightful to watch people pretend they are better for doing things like shit talking large tracts of voters like Romney did.

15+ Year Old Account
    You lost.

"Sheriff spends 6 years of his life analyzing Obama's birth certificate to prove that it's a fake, and presents his results as Obama is leaving office."
    "YOU LOST, GET OVER IT!!"

I know I go "ROFL" and "LOL" a lot, but I seriously had an extremely loud guffaw here that had people coming in wondering what was so funny. We're talking about a man who committed his life to proving Obama's birth certificate was a fake, and you're telling people that Hillary lost and they need to get over it.

Like, even you surely can understand the hilarious irony here of someone devoting their life to proving Obama's a fake, and screaming "get over it" at other people.

Also, the real Batman is a great man. He doesn't suffer fools for long.
    Sadly, I suffer a lot of fools, but mostly just because I get bored easily while waiting. Waiting for queues, waiting for raid boss pulls, waiting for contract work to come in... I suffer you after all, so clearly I'm far better than the real batman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Yes, people want the electoral college eradicated...
    Move to another country without it.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Plus she seems to be forgetting that redistricting isn't wholly controlled by the state legislature, and in many states... they don't have much say at all. It's how Republicans managed to gerrymander the fuck out of congressional districts in 2010 with Democrat control - because the state legislatures weren't wholly in control.

Here's to hoping that Trump will push regressive policy just like all the Trumpkins want. It'll make it all that much easier to regain control and get this country back on track.

It is unfortunate that we have people who want to bring children into this world while reveling in how much they want to see it fucked over. My grandparents prided themselves on always wanting to do what was best for their children and grandchildren. Meanwhile we have really shameful people on this very forum who very willingly want to see the world get fucked up just because they hold a grudge over social justice warriors.
    I hope he is successful in the campaign promises for the most part ( he will not be 100% successful, no President ever has been ) if he is, it will put the country back on the right track because that is exactly what those who voted for him want. He may fail and only serve 4 yrs. Time will tell. But a poll not too long ago showed 70%+ of the those polled, said the country was heading in the wrong direction. Now granted, this does not mean those 70% all voted or want what Trump preached. But a change was a huge factor in his success.

7+ Year Old Account
    this is what makes this a mandate and pretty much washes the "hillary won the popular vote" out the window, as most if not all of those popular vote numbers came from the cespool of California which imo is nothing more than a hate filled PC controlled liberal state .

Move to another country without it.
    You know, there is a mechanism for amending the Constitution. Now, I highly doubt we'll get majority support for abolishing the EC entirely, but I think getting proportional EC voting pushed through might happen, though probably not at the national level. I think we'll have to focus on state-level initiatives that trigger only when all states enact such measurements. Proportional EC voting still slightly favors smaller states, without making non-swing large states completely useless to presidential hopefuls.

You know, there is a mechanism for amending the Constitution. Now, I highly doubt we'll get majority support for abolishing the EC entirely, but I think getting proportional EC voting pushed through might happen, though probably not at the national level. I think we'll have to focus on state-level initiatives that trigger only when all states enact such measurements. Proportional EC voting still slightly favors smaller states, without making non-swing large states completely useless to presidential hopefuls.
    Been waiting 16 years for someone to atleast put the idea in Congress.

No changes, even on the start of the Obeezy victory, did anyone actually try to do this. Which leaves me back to "The system is broken to whoever loses". So far, the tears over Bush, Obama and Trump with no change says I'm looking correct.