Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Leaked infos about Rex Tillerson being the directory of a us-/russian oil company

And here we are with another news about russia taking influence on american politics.. using managers from russia owned companies:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...an-oil-company

Quote Originally Posted by The Guardian
    Rex Tillerson, the businessman nominated by Donald Trump to be the next US secretary of state, is the long-time director of a US-Russian oil firm based in the tax haven of the Bahamas, leaked documents show.

Tillerson – the chief executive of ExxonMobil – has been a director of the oil company’s Russian subsidiary, Exxon Neftegas, since 1998. His name – RW Tillerson – appears next to other officers who are based at Houston, Texas; Moscow; and Sakhalin, in Russia’s far east.

The leaked 2001 document comes from the corporate registry in the Bahamas. It was one of 1.3m files given to the Germany newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung by an anonymous source. The registry is public but details of individual directors are typically incomplete or missing entirely.

Though there is nothing untoward about this directorship, it has not been reported before and is likely to raise fresh questions over Tillerson’s relationship with Russia ahead of a potentially stormy confirmation hearing by the US senate foreign relations committee.

Everyone knows he's worked in Russia, it's how he knows Putin personally.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Is it just me or is the english in the article really bad? 'given to the Germany newspaper' - shouldn't it be 'german newspaper? Don't companies usually have one dirctros, so it should be 'has been director for...' (correct me if I'm wrong on this, please), and shouldn't it be 'next to other officials' instead of 'officers'? Also, 'the document leaked in 2001', 'originates' instead of 'comes'

He is the CEO of one of the largest petroleum companies in the world. He has negotiated with the government of Russia for joint ventures to drill for oil and gas in siberia. Is it supposed to be surprising or disturbing that he was named as a director of one of these joint ventures?

The guardian?? yeh okay. Get back to me when you find a neutral source.

This "news" is equivalent to: "It turns out that Mcdonalds CEO has had contact with countries across the world to set up locations. Does he have ties to foreign powers?"

Who knew that a global economy means CEO's have to deal with other countries and may have dealings outside the US in their carears??
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2016-12-18 at 11:14 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudal View Post
    He is the CEO of one of the largest petroleum companies in the world. He has negotiated with the government of Russia for joint ventures to drill for oil and gas in siberia. Is it supposed to be surprising or disturbing that he was named as a director of one of these joint ventures?
    It's supposed to be disturbing that he was named secretary of state, it's a conflict of interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post

This "news" is equivalent to: "It turns out that Mcdonalds CEO has had contact with countries across the world to set up locations. Does he have ties to foreign powers?"

Who knew that a global economy means CEO's have to deal with other countries and may have dealings outside the US in their carears??
    You're ignoring the fact these people won't do what's best for the American people. They'll just do what's best for themselves and the super rich.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

This new red scare is very lazy and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You're ignoring the fact these people won't do what's best for the American people. They'll just do what's best for themselves and the super rich.
    So.. Hillary clinton? And prove it besides your vendetta against rich people.

Your statement is as clear as a salty teenage boy that says "Women don't like nice guys. Why can't I get a girlfriend? I am such a nice guy."
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2016-12-18 at 11:25 PM.

Ties that present direct conflicts of interest. The number of people acting like that doesn't matter is ridiculous, especially because I watched a lot of you kids bitch endlessly about the Clinton Foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It's supposed to be disturbing that he was named secretary of state, it's a conflict of interest.
    It is only a conflict of interest if he doesn't step down from this position once he is confirmed by the senate. Until then it is a businessman performing his duty to his investors. Until he is confirmed it is impossible for him to be out of compliance with the ethics of an office he has never held.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Ties that present direct conflicts of interest. The number of people acting like that doesn't matter is ridiculous, especially because I watched a lot of you kids bitch endlessly about the Clinton Foundation.
    When he's sworn in as Secretary of State, and still holding the position as director of a Russian company, then you can say it's a conflict of interest.

The problem with this statement is that you are completely ignoring the fact that There is proof of then secretary Clinton having world leaders make large donations to her charity then receive priority scheduling to meet with her. This is an obvious breach of the ethical requirements. If Mr. Tillerson does something similar then I will join you in saying he should be removed and criminal charges filed. However, that is a moot point until he is confirmed by the senate.

It is assumed he will remove himself from those positions and interests. Past involvement does not matter. He conducted a deal for the sake of the company and made a "commission" for the sake of completing it. How do you feel about other CEO's that have made deals with China to produce goods in factories there?

The Clinton Foundation was different because she collected money directly from foreign governments for favors while she was in power.

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    When he's sworn in as Secretary of State, and still holding the position as director of a Russian company, then you can say it's a conflict of interest.
    So we're just to ignore conflicts of interest until its too late to do anything about them?

- - - Updated - - -

It is assumed he will remove himself from those positions and interests.
    Then you deserve to be cheated.

The Clinton Foundation was different because she collected money directly from foreign governments for favors while she was in power.
    No, there is no proof of this.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    And here we are with another news about russia taking influence on american politics.. using managers from russia owned companies:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...an-oil-company
    It's amusing watching republicans who were rabid about conflicts of interest with Hillary defend an entire cabinet chuck full of people with conflicts of interest in one form or another.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudal View Post
    The problem with this statement is that you are completely ignoring the fact that There is proof of then secretary Clinton having world leaders make large donations to her charity then receive priority scheduling to meet with her. This is an obvious breach of the ethical requirements. If Mr. Tillerson does something similar then I will join you in saying he should be removed and criminal charges filed. However, that is a moot point until he is confirmed by the senate.
    Since when has there ever been ethics in American politics? Your system is so rampant with corruption, bribery and greed that pretty much every senator, governor and even the supreme court judges, could all be found guilty of breaking some form of law.

Since when has there ever been ethics in American politics? Your system is so rampant with corruption, bribery and greed that pretty much every senator, governor and even the supreme court judges, could all be found guilty of breaking some form of law.
    Okay... so what is the point of this thread then?

From the wording of your argument it seems that you are guilty of using bad logic. just because the law in your town says that you are not allowed to sit on the sidewalk that does not mean that everyone that sits on a sidewalk on any city in the world is a criminal. But, as for the second part of your statement; with over a million pages of criminal statutes in our country I'm sure we could find a crime that everyone is guilty of committing at some time or another.

Before you begin casting stones at the level of corruption in another country you might want to rein in a few of your own politicians. I don't see a lot of ours giving live interviews on television after running lines of coke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leaked documents that put Trump's pick in a bad light!?

They must be fake!

Now that's out of the way.