Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

Belgian town: christmas Nativity scene offensive.

http://m.telegraaf.nl/buitenland/art...01f137e2720715

The Nativity scene with baby jesus, the 3 kings etc. Is being banned by a Belgian town because its 'offensive for some people'. Some are saying this iconic Christmas image is part of western culture and should not be abolished because of feels.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDonald View Post

The Nativity scene with baby jesus, the 3 kings etc. Is being banned by a Belgian town because its 'offensive for some people'. Some are saying this iconic Christmas image is part of western culture and should not be abolished because of feels.

Thoughts?
    I'm just curious... if the half dozen or so human beings required to put on a nativity (without the extra stage-design of livestock and a straw manger) were to just show up in costume on a street corner in Belgium and pose for an hour or so, would that be grounds to call the police to anybody? Just curious.

Deleted

Thoughts?
    Knowing you've lied before about what an article says, to fit your blatantly flamebaiting threads, I won't take this one seriously either.

Deleted
    Depends on the part of Belgium.

They definitely have an immigrant-culture problem in certain cities/areas.

Religion is nothing you put in puplic places, thats the right thing to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Knowing you've lied before about what an article says, to fit your blatantly flamebaiting threads, I won't take this one seriously either.
    Feel free to use translate. Also don't mistake misinterpretation with intentional lying to fuel your own agenda.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-12-19 at 02:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Why not? They have been part of our Western cultural tradition going back centuries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feel free to use translate.
    translation

Dear Lord baby Jesus, lyin' there in your ghost manger, just lookin' at your Baby Einstein developmental videos, learnin' 'bout shapes and colors. I would like to thank you for bringin' me and my mama together, and also that my kids no longer sound like retarded gang-bangers.

Dear Lord Baby Jesus, we'd also like to thank you for my wife’s father Chip. We hope that you can use your baby Jesus powers to heal him and his horrible leg. It smells terrible and the dogs are always bothering with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Why not? They have been part of our Western cultural tradition going back centuries.
    There are plenty of "traditions" that are better left to history, let's be honest about that.

Deleted
    Just like when christmas lights were removed from certain places in Sweden cause the poles couldn't hold the weight and the rightsheep happily shared fake news about muslims being angry, I'm gonna take this with a bucket of salt until I get to read more than 200 words translated from Belgian.

Deleted
    City council has rescinded the ban. There will be a nativity scene. The decision to ban it was pushed by our extreme left Green party who is pandering to immigrants to secure their ever increasing vote share.

I'm an atheist and believe in a secular society. However, Christmas and everything linked to it is part of our cultural traditions and values. Yes it's a religious festivity but has moved way beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    There are plenty of "traditions" that are better left to history, let's be honest about that.

Christmas is not one of those, period. It's a holiday about family, togetherness, being with loved ones and giving.

We have been singing christmas carols since the 13'th century and been celebrating christmas since Dec 25, 336, you know traditions and all

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Because its the 21 century and this traditions are most time not even christian they are just old adapted ceremonys.
    I think they should even close all churches, they are just a huge waste of money.
    Chapter 17 Lukas Evangelium: God lifes in every human.

'offensive for some people'.
    muslims. Always the muslims (or people catering to muslims). every non muslim immigrant or native would be fine with it.
    Last edited by Scooby Dooby Doo; 2016-12-19 at 02:26 PM.

I'm sure belgium will be great even without the "nativity scene" if this is even true.

15+ Year Old Account
    Definitely agree with this.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    So what? Why should this one be?

Generall we drop cultural traditions that are harmful, but what damage has been caused by nativity scenes down the years? Terrorist atrocities due to them being called three kings and not three wise men? Mass riots upon seeing papier mache sheep in Wales?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Just like when christmas lights were removed from certain places in Sweden cause the poles couldn't hold the weight and the rightsheep happily shared fake news about muslims being angry, I'm gonna take this with a bucket of salt until I get to read more than 200 words translated from Belgian.
    The story is what it seems. Green party pushed for a nativity scene ban (unique in Belgium) under false pretenses of banning all religious symbols from public view. Their real motivation is to cater to immigrant voters, an increasing demographic and significant enough to be an important target group. Next big election is in October 2018.

It's clear enough that this is their true motivation because it's supported by their federal policy. Suggestions like these are thinly veiled attacks on the N-VA, a conservative party and the opponent for the political left.

The ban even got criticism from muslim opinion leader Youssef Kobo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    That really depends on which part of the west you live in.
    Large swathes of Europe. Maybe they aren't a thing in Scotland, but you are notoriously miserable buggers.

Because its the 21 century and this traditions are most time not even christian they are just old adapted ceremonys.
    I think they should even close all churches, they are just a huge waste of money.
    Chapter 17 Lukas Evangelium: God lifes in every human.
    Lots of our tradtions evolve down the years, no need to ditch them because you personally don't like them.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Christmas is not one of those,
    Nativity scenes are.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side