Thread: Hand of Gul'dan

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Hand of Gul'dan

Hoping some devs see this. Can you fix Hand of Guldan/Hand of doom? It's a bug, i think. Casting the spell and/if the target dies before hit, imps does not spawn. This is pretty frustrating as we waste the chards we use. Plus, this seems as a pretty quick fix? Like, when before we had a glyph to cast the spell without a target. Or make it like Rain of fire?

Quote Originally Posted by slofen View Post
    Hoping some devs see this. Can you fix Hand of Guldan/Hand of doom? It's a bug, i think. Casting the spell and/if the target dies before hit, imps does not spawn. This is pretty frustrating as we waste the chards we use. Plus, this seems as a pretty quick fix? Like, when before we had a glyph to cast the spell without a target. Or make it like Rain of fire?
    I have this issue too and it can be annoying. Though I am not sure if the devs will see it here? Though I could be mistaken.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, i don't know where else to post the issue With so much feedback from locks they might take a look in the forums. I hope

Deleted
    Demonology is a dead spec in 7.1.5 anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Doing fine imo. Just get rid of DE then it's good. ish.

People, including me, have posted tons and tons of demo feedback, bugs, huge dps loss due to tiny bugs etc. All the posts.. Months, countless threads with no fixes in sight, no acknowledgement. Game devs in corporate businesses don't "just do it" even if the individual devs want to. They have to have meetings and be granted permission just to do anything, even fixing the simplest of bugs. I love wow, but things like this is really sad.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely agree. And like Ion said in Q&A, they did screw up on some classes. The fixing of the classes is not a hotfix. So sadly we might have to wait for 7.2 before we see the comeback of classes and big changes..

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Demonology is a dead spec in 7.1.5 anyway so it doesn't really matter.
    What's wrong with Demonology in 7.1.5?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkabell View Post
    What's wrong with Demonology in 7.1.5?
    Didn't you hear? Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble.

Deleted
    its not a bug, thats how HoG works since forever. If the mob is close to death dont use HoG on it. Simple fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimk View Post
    its not a bug, thats how HoG works since forever. If the mob is close to death dont use HoG on it. Simple fix.
    As much as I commiserate with the OP, I gotta agree with this. If your spell doesn't hit, why should you be rewarded for it?

If you want devs to listen, post on official blizzard forums.

And as others said, its not a bug, its the intended use.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    As much as I commiserate with the OP, I gotta agree with this. If your spell doesn't hit, why should you be rewarded for it?
    its not the spell doesn't hit for me and maybe for him too. When I do HoG and the mob dies before I am even done casting, it eats my shards nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkabell View Post
    its not the spell doesn't hit for me and maybe for him too. When I do HoG and the mob dies before I am even done casting, it eats my shards nonetheless.
    If mob dies before you are done casting, the spell will not cast. If mob dies while it is traveling, that's whole other deal, but really, it's just the same as like well... every spell there? If I cast Chaos Bolt and the bloody thing dies while it flies there, I also lose shards for nothing or if Mage burns Pyroblast! on a mob that dies before spell hits, he also wasted his "resource".

It's pretty consistent and the idea is to simply not cast spells that do not make sense given the circumstances.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimk View Post
    It would be one of the most usefull change we can have in our gameplay. Not even joking, sometimes it completly ruin you aoe damage just because other guys killed your target. Alsor we don't even have anymore the old glyph that make you able to place your HoG with a circle that prevented that situation.
    That even more frustrating because nowadays HoG is no more instant.

Because the spell cast. Imps are not a typical dot that when a target dies just goes away. Or a nuke that has nothing to hit once its in the air and the target dies. The imps spawn from the meteor impact, the fact there are no mobs for it to hit doesnt make the meteor just not exist anymore. You lose HoG impact dmg like you would lost the CB impact dmg....but why don't imps spawn from it regardless? Especially if there are other targets in the impact area that HoG hits? That imo is a bug.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Bug or not. It's not like I rely so much on the HoG damage alone. But the imps spawning are important for thal's damage.That's what's annoying and I don't think any demo locks can disagree with this. In my opinion the "reward" should be the imps spawning depending on shards spent. So why not just make it so we don't need a target to cast it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slofen View Post
    Bug or not. It's not like I rely so much on the HoG damage alone. But the imps spawning are important for thal's damage.That's what's annoying and I don't think any demo locks can disagree with this. In my opinion the "reward" should be the imps spawning depending on shards spent. So why not just make it so we don't need a target to cast it?
    It's also already implemented that imps spawn by our side if the target isn't reachable for them (e.g. 3rd boss NL). So, I'd love to see them at least spawn, I'm fine with the HoG damage wasted.

Implied Improvements for Impology are Impractical!

Blizz has already confirmed that this is functioning as intended. The spell is designed with the theme of "Imps being summoned from the Nether via a meteor (hand of guldan) and EXPLODES only to summon all these Imps".