Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    The White House didn't agree with the motives the terrorist gave as he committed his attack. The White House is saying it knows better. /shrug
    So are we supposed to believe the terrorist and at the same time don´t believe the terrorist?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Somewhere out there there may be a refugee with your name tattoed on his skin. Its time to act.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    So are we supposed to believe the terrorist and at the same time don´t believe the terrorist?
    Well these particular types have a pretty good track-record for letting us know why they do what they do.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'm telling you once more, if you remove the religion from the equation, terrorism won't stop. It's not the core motivation of their attacks. It's the justification they use to impress the feeble minded. Sure, a bit of change from within doesn't hurt Islam. Christianity could do with some reforms in Catholicism itself, no abortion? In this day and age? Come on.

But you're insinuating that Islam is the problem. It's not. The shitstorm's gonna happen with or without Islam unless we steer clear of it. We cannot just hope for a miracle prophet to appear and tell Muslims that fighting is bad, mkay? We're going to have to dodge them and not stoop down to their level. It's the harder choice, it requires more courage. It's the right thing to do.

Hating is easy. Cowards hate all the time. While we're being called cucks, pussies and whatnot, I can't help thinking... yes, and we're the ones that stand up to this properly, despite our own people shitting on us for it. Guess IS is right and the West is degenerated...
    And I'm asking you once again, what is the core motivation of their attacks, if not Islam? If you weren't Slant, I'd say you're being intentionally silly at this point.

Also, I don't hate Muslims or browner Caucasians. See, the world isn't black and white. You can not hate someone, not generalize them, and still recognize that they have a problem to solve.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2016-12-20 at 12:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From a brit living in Malta... the irony.
    How is that ironic? I chose Malta due to the fact that English is an official language here and their culture is primarily a mixture of British and Italian, so it would be easy for me to adapt to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Well these particular types have a pretty good track-record for letting us know why they do what they do.
    And if what they let us know are contradicting reasons are we supposed to go with a or b?
    Last edited by Mayhem; 2016-12-20 at 12:36 PM.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    Slant, you're so high up in cloud cockoo-land. If you're so convinced there's another agenda, how about you actually give us the privilege of hearing your theory?

In the meantime, I'll stick to the theory where people who're yelling "God is great." when killing people are doing it because god told them to do it in the book that is the foundation of their religion.

FYI, Christians would be killing infidels left and right if that religion wasn't dragged out of savagery by force through Enlightment. Islam wasn't that lucky.
    Is it so unlikely that IS just wants to... you know, create a new country where the leader of IS has enslaved the rest of the population? It's the 101 Evil Dude's Plan, really. If you stop thinking about religion so much, there are a lot of other options to choose from that may be the underlying core problem.

Btw, I am giving you my arguments and theories all the time here, yet what I get back is "cockoo-land" and "you're wrong" and other meaningless phrases. I get it, just looking at the dude that blows himself up screaming Allah is great is simple, it's visual and easy to digest... he's a religious madman. I understand that. But I don't see them going those Americans are indoctrinated sex slaves doing war in the Middle East because they say "Fuck you!" everytime they kill someone. In that tiny sense, IS is probably even smarter than you are. Take it as you will...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    How is that ironic? I chose Malta due to the fact that English is an official language here and their culture is primarily a mixture of British and Italian, so it would be easy for me to adapt to it.
    The irony is in that malta is an example of multiculturalism and the reason you chose it.

Deleted
    More info : it seems that they've gotten the wrong guy.

Now I don't know what that makes of the story of the hero guy that chased to dude and called the police.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Laws are no good if they aren't being enforced and when people see laws not being enforced they start turning to people who promise to enforce them, people like Le Pen.
    This is a valid concern and one Merkel should be thinking about. Judging from the speeches she gives these days, I think she actually is thinking about them. Her bulldog Minister of the Interior is barking up the law and order tree already and we'll see some harsher enforcements. But there is no need for more laws when we already got it covered.

As I've said often enough in these topics... we do have the legislation, we just suck at enforcing it. And that's one lever we can actually pull. We just need to deal with the stupid idea in the Geneva convention that you can't send criminals back to warzones. I'd give them a parachute with the label "Sponsored by the Justice Department, good luck, son!" and shove them out the plane over whatever country they came from, tbh.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Pretty sure there are no religious motives behind that, seems political from the info I have.
    Yeah, youre right. People just yell Allahu Akbar all the time who arent Muslim before they kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    Do we have those nice Facebook filters yet? I want to start virtue-signalling already.
    You know, just a general observation... we have a pretty deep debate going on here that is interrupted intermittently with these pointless one liners. I wouldn't mind banning these posts at all, as they contribute nothing to the debate and are slightly irritating. It's like having a deep social discussion in a Kindergarden with children hopping around you yelling something about the pink toothfairy and her 7 little dwarf slaves...

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Btw, I am giving you my arguments and theories all the time here, yet what I get back is "cockoo-land" and "you're wrong" and other meaningless phrases.
    Oh, that wasn't meant as a counter-argument. It was meant as "Sorry, but I don't have the time to properly reply to this" and "Slant, what's happened to you in the last few years" both at once.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Yeah, youre right. People just yell Allahu Akbar all the time who arent Muslim before they kill people.
    Literally no other person other than a muslim is able to yell Allahu Akbar! I mean non-muslims can´t even write it down.

Who says I'm turning a blind eye? I'm having friends that live in Berlin, go to those Christmas Markets. I'm well aware of the danger and like anyone, I have fears that some day someone I know may be hit, like anyone else living in a danger zone. Likewise, let me ask you, what do you achieve by shutting down higher brain functions and going into blind rage mode? How are you analysing the situation when you already have your scapegoat and proceed to the action part of the plan, ie. spreading hate and fear until the kettle boils over?

Analyse the problem, identify the core root of it, fix it. Don't treat the symptom, treat the illness. The solution to stopping terrorism is possibly any or both of two things that I see so far: 1. Enduring terrorism until the terrorists die out or grow old, this has worked wonderfully for Germany and its own brand of terrorism, the RAF. 2. Go abroad and fuck someone's life up until they give in. This has been attempted by the US and resulted in even worse terrorism globally, especially the fallout to Europe just now. Btw, thanks USA.

Alas, a discussion along these lines is usually not possible, because it's drowned out by anti-Merkel chants, fearmongering of Islam in General (I've seen as many "This is not a Muslim!" comments from Arabs as I've seen Europeans asking what kind of Firetruck something was during the periscope... talk about perspective).
    So Germany is to wait it out. Vet what say does Germany have in American foreign policy? As long as America is a superpower they will constantly bomb the shit out of brown people cause it's kind of what they do. So Germany is to wait for America to crumble then they will have peace?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    They are poisoning our discussions too, we have one anti-Muslim party: The PVV.
    The PVV voted against a law to combat FGM.
    And against a law to prevent and combat violence against women.
    Against quota's.
    A research pointed out how their voters had the most negative opinion about gay people.

Now you can make one guess: Does this party want to make abortion easier or harder?
    Most of those points are things we should fight for. But quotas are not 1 of them.

The irony is in that malta is an example of multiculturalism and the reason you chose it.
    Slightly different going from the UK to a European country, it's pretty easy to get along because the culture and beliefs of the people are pretty much the same as your own or relatively close.

However try going to a Eastern country its pretty much do as told or be thrown in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehpowa View Post
    More info : it seems that they've gotten the wrong guy.

Now I don't know what that makes of the story of the hero guy that chased to dude and called the police.
    Is this confirmed? Guess that's a bonus for this attack then, manhunting some dude based on his appearance and him being afraid because he knows we're all out to get foreigners these days. We'll see how it turns out, this is why I hate social media and jumping to conclusions... we should wait and see what the official investigation brings to light.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    They yell allahu akbar all the time. Someone else said it already, they probably yell it before they take a dump, too. It's just a phrase. But the right-wing glorifies it as some sort of special terrorist war scream. It's sad, how easily people are impressed, really.

Deleted
    Is this confirmed? Guess that's a bonus for this attack then, manhunting some dude based on his appearance and him being afraid because he knows we're all out to get foreigners these days. We'll see how it turns out, this is why I hate social media and jumping to conclusions... we should wait and see what the official investigation brings to light.
    Well some sources say that they based it on the fact that Pakistani said he didn't do it, hence "they've gotten the wrong guy".

Then they said that this dude has been found doing some sexual assaults this summer. All in all quite bad handling by the police.

Edit : seems they haven't found the gun which was used to kill the Polish dude so the actual attacker might still be on the loose and armed.

Quote Originally Posted by W1sp View Post
    So Germany is to wait it out. Vet what say does Germany have in American foreign policy? As long as America is a superpower they will constantly bomb the shit out of brown people cause it's kind of what they do. So Germany is to wait for America to crumble then they will have peace?
    Pretty much. This is what "being an ally" is all about. Sharing the burden.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleuria View Post
    Slightly different going from the UK to a European country, it's pretty easy to get along because the culture and beliefs of the people are pretty much the same as your own or relatively close.

However try going to a Eastern country its pretty much do as told or be thrown in jail.
    Yeah, the difference is that european countries practice multiculuralism and the eastern countries in your example don´t.