Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    WASHINGTON
    President Barack Obama pardoned 78 people and shortened the sentences of 153 others convicted of federal crimes on Monday – the most individual clemencies ever granted in a single day by any president. As he nears the end of his second term, Obama has issued more commutations than the previous 11 presidents combined, according to the White House.

“The 231 individuals granted clemency today have all demonstrated that they are ready to make use — or have already made use — of a second chance,” White House counsel Neil Eggleston wrote in a blog post. “While each clemency recipient’s story is unique, the common thread of rehabilitation underlies all of them.”

Of the people granted clemency on Monday, 54 were serving life sentences. In the last months of Obama’s presidency, administration officials have moved quickly to rule on all the pending clemency applications. The president will continue to review clemency applications, and is expected to grant more pardons and commutations before he leaves office, Eggleston said.

Obama has used his constitutional clemency power to reduce the sentences of 1,176 people since he has been in office, according to the White House. About a third of them, 395 people, were serving life sentences. The previous single-day record of 151 commutations was set by Franklin Roosevelt in 1935. Monday’s announcement doubles the number of pardons granted by Obama to 148 people.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/poli...121824148.html
    Great news - I hope more are coming. If you bothered to look at why he's doing it, you'd probably agree.

15+ Year Old Account
    Obama pardons a bunch of pot heads who were serving life sentences for burning some plant in a pipe.

Conservatives shit themselves that a bunch of murderers and rapists are being released onto the streets.

Oh Trumpkins, please keep delivering the comedy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Ain't that the fucking truth, but you know 80% will be back in jail by then, I just hope none of these felons kill or hurt someone.
    With more states decriminalizing weed, that's doubtful.

But I guess you guys would be shitting yourselves, since you can really only win by jailing political opponents for smoking some bud.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Serves America right... All the Right wing nut cases who blame Democrats for Trumps win. Well, enjoy the criminals in your neighborhoods. To be honest Republicans deserve every bad thing that happens in the next for years. Don't Blame us, Just like every president, once Trump is in office every bad thing will be his fault, and yours.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Obama pardons a bunch of pot heads who were serving life sentences for burning some plant in a pipe.

Conservatives shit themselves that a bunch of murderers and rapists are being released onto the streets.

- - - Updated - - -

But I guess you guys would be shitting yourselves, since you can really only win by jailing political opponents for smoking some bud.
    You seem to be reading a very different thread than I am.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    Serves America right... All the Right wing nut cases who blame Democrats for Trumps win. Well, enjoy the criminals in your neighborhoods. To be honest Republicans deserve every bad thing that happens in the next for years. Don't Blame us, Just like every president, once Trump is in office every bad thing will be his fault, and yours.
    Just like every president, except Obama. He blamed Bush for at least 6 straight years.

Except it wasn't a bunch of pot heads, do some research.

15+ Year Old Account
    Except it wasn't a bunch of pot heads, do some research.
    You actually read up about this? That's a first.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/clemencyrecipients

While a lot of drug related (whats weed considered in court, seeing a lot of methamphetamine) but a lot of Fraud and firearm related crimes too in the list.

You actually read up about this? That's a first.
    You actually didn't? Par for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    https://www.justice.gov/pardon/clemencyrecipients

While a lot of drug related (whats weed considered in court, seeing a lot of methamphetamine) but a lot of Fraud and firearm related crimes too in the list.
    The firearm related crimes are generally "former felon in possession" where their previous felony was drug related. A lot of the others were transfer of a firearm to a felon or former felon.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

These people should be in jail.
    They all still are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    They all still are.
    I didn't say they weren't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    The firearm related crimes are generally "former felon in possession" where their previous felony was drug related. A lot of the others were transfer of a firearm to a felon or former felon.
    Not only is it a former felon in possession, they also posses the weapon illegally which is a felony in of itself. Also goes to show how much he cares about gun laws.

Obama putting drug dealers back on the streets, where they belong. All a part of his "every child has a blunt" plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    kinda why I made sure to say firearm related (not shooting or murder) but does IMO seem kinda anti Dem to take a soft stand or lenient on any misuse of firearms be it illegal possession\trafficking of firearms.

Not only is it a former felon in possession, they also posses the weapon illegally which is a felony in of itself. Also goes to show how much he cares about gun laws.
    "Former felon in possession" is the crime.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohoots View Post
    Gotta be so racist?
    Racist...hahahaha Can you read? Please expound on what exactly he wrote that you see as racist.

15+ Year Old Account
    You actually didn't? Par for the course.
    I had a good laugh, considering this is the very first time you seemed to have even a tiny bit of an idea of what an article said. Even then, after reading it and then looking over your posts, as par for the course your reading comprehension is gravely lacking.

I had a good laugh, considering this is the very first time you seemed to have even a tiny bit of an idea of what an article said. Even then, after reading it and then looking over your posts, as par for the course your reading comprehension is gravely lacking.
    Right they are all weed charges as you claimed, go back to not reading.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes we're all very certain you want to prosecute someone for possessing a gun.

*laughs*

- - - Updated - - -

Right they are all weed charges as you claimed, go back to not reading.
    No, I read the article now, and I understand it better. It's just funny reading over your posts how little YOU understand, and once again realize that even if you did read it, your reading comprehension wouldn't pass the middle school level.

I know some of them where meth dealers and makers.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

If he picks Jeff Sessions then he'll sadly crack down on weed even where it is legal because he's that much of an ass.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!