Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Level of animosity

Why do you think there is so much animosity between posters on here?

It can't be a good thing for individuals to be getting so worked up on the internet. We should all try to get along and if we have differences, we can at least be civil and respectful about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because one side is "Republicans R Evul!!!" and the other side is "Democrats R Evul!!!" Mostly it's a mixture of America's hyperpartisanship that's developed over the last decade along with John Gabriel's Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory.
    Putin khuliyo

Without the sparring this forum would get sleepy.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Because you are persistent at what you do.

Unfortunately, I have very little respect for many of the posters here. Many of them support Jim Crow-style social policy under the guise of "race-realism", backed by misinterpreted statistics and bad science. Others support outright authoritarianism and state-sanctioned crackdown of "dissidents" and "degenerates".

I don't think it's unfair to have a set of fundamental principles that one refuses to compromise on, and many people here are opposed to many of these principles I hold. I apologize for nothing.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Deleted
    I would guess because this is the internet and the other side is literally Hitler

Just play along and don't overthink it

10+ Year Old Account
    Because nowadays politics is sadly really polarizing. The left is getting more left, and the right is getting more right.

Because this a board where maladapted nerds attempt to communicate with one another
    Skoldier for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm nice to everyone.
    Not allowed! Stahp!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

What animosity? Sometimes Ulmita and his coworker Lei Shi can be annoying with their Putin worship but other than that *shrug*

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I'm right and others are wrong!

No but really I hold no animosity. I realize most people here just post the way they do because they're anonymous. I'll fite all of them irl then we can go for a beer.
    Last edited by Dug; 2016-12-20 at 08:47 PM.

Deleted
    Because there is no 'containment board' for 'Bad idea's'. You are forced to mix with people who do not view the world the same way you do. Friction is a healthy thing for forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Animosity? Not at all. You guys are like one of my biggest charitable donations

According to Steam Gifts I've given away games valued at almost $4000 to the people of this site.

I don't do that anymore, I'm retired now.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Everyone has an opinion. Any forum discussing current events is a cesspool.

Because there are two types of people on this board: people who are wrong, and me.

The fire asking why everyone is hot.

El oh el.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post

It can't be a good thing for individuals to be getting so worked up on the internet. We should all try to get along and if we have differences, we can at least be civil and respectful about it.
    Because people's political views and opinions are being challenged as well as their moral views. These are beliefs that people hold and they take them very seriously. It can be difficult not to view a challenge to your views as a personal slight. It can also be difficult to accept someone else's view since by doing so you are essentially accepting the possibility that you might not be right.

But if we're really going to improve ourselves and society, we must accept other people's views and consider the fact that we could be wrong about something. We should all keep an open mind.
    Last edited by Docturphil; 2016-12-20 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post

Do people actually get angry over comments here at MMO-C?

lol

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    A big part of it is the anonymity allows people to say things they might sometimes wonder about but can't talk about in public.

There's a ton of censorship on opinions in the world today and you're better off just saying nothing (if you don't believe me, try telling a woman that the 77 cents on the dollar stat is not a result of employer discrimination, which is basically factually true, and watch the steam start to rise). On here you can say outrageous things, sometimes things you might not even necessarily believe, and it's ok.
    Not angry. Now what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.