Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Tracer Lesbian was a bad call. LBGT gonna scream that its pretty much fanservice for straight men. which it isn't.
    FTFY, you're welcome.

Deleted
    NO no no we did not bench the people , we benched their toons .
    Blizz should read "EPIC FAIL" into this .But they just go on in denail riding their high horse .
    Worst devs EVER !!!

Deleted
    Maybe those players want to switch on those alters to help the raid, because without bis legendary you are underperforming?

Quote Originally Posted by Sixy View Post

You are not being benched if you are playing an alt. You are being benched if another person is playing in your spot. They clearly stated that they did not bench players over legendaries, only asked a player who had multiple characters to use the one with better legendaries, if they had one with good legendaries.
    Yeah, I said that they benched "mains", not the players. So we're both right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Oh look at that, they didn't replace people with bad legendaries / without BiS legendaries. Looks like all the whiners were lying, big surprise.
    it actually enhances how important it is to have a legendary.
    the main got better gear, more artifact traits, the player prolly know how to play his main better than his alt, and he invested more time into his main.
    but the alt pulled a OP item out of its ass, so it is used for the raid.
    Last edited by mmocb8ddf2b91b; 2016-12-21 at 11:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    People still desperately grasping for the "people getting replaced/benched due to legendarys" narrative I see.
    Got any actual examples yet, where the actual deciding factor was <a> had good legendarys, <b> didn't?

Not like it matters though, since this hypothetical tripe of a discussion has been in the game for as long as there was good gear or powerful perks available outside of raids. Leatherworking mandatory for raiding Sunwell!

tracer lesbian? the joke of the month..

a cheap counter campaign against the first/deleted sexy ass posing..
    Last edited by Arvandor; 2016-12-21 at 12:36 PM.

well, cant blame tracer for being a lesbian, if i were a women i would also fall for that redhead ( my god, why does she have so many freckles <3<3<3<3 )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    even method confirms that legendaries are non issue anymore - guess mythic crybabies got put to shame with their whining about legendaries.
    They said the exactly opposite; they had people switch mains over legendaries.

We live on earth as humans, as one big family.

Some are gay, some not, some bi, some trans, some hetero...

I honestly don't care who's what because love = love. Hence, even as a heterosexual, I'm super cool with them potraying Tracer as a lesbian/bi. Why not? It might inspire other gamers to be who they are and potentially come out.

Great stuff Blizzard. Breaking this form of division.

I always find it strange when people throw fits over the sexuality of the characters. I was not aware that there were so many hardcore sex scenes in Overwatch that required there to be a designation, I think I must have played a different game. What rating did Overwatch get again?!?!

Also, people in WoW are only getting benched for subpar legendaries in baddie hardcore guilds, not actual hardcore guilds where the maximum throughput is based more so on overall player skill rather than overloading what it takes to get the boss down.

The problem is they made TRACER a Lesbian. FROM NOWHERE. Until now I was always on the impression that Winston and Tracer were so close because they couldn't even consider relationship with others. And there a some other choices for a WAY MORE credible lesbian character in Overwatch.
    The impression that I get is that Blizzard replaced Chris Metzen with the Goth Kids from South Park, and now they will slap the faces of the conformists making Tracer a Lesbian and Mercy a drunk drug addicted.
    Last edited by Buu; 2016-12-21 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Fanservice in what way? Also she could be bisexual for all we know. Or did they say they made her fully homosexual?
    Blizzard doesn't seem to be coming out with any form of clarification, which I think is the right way to go about it.

Tracer has a girlfriend, that's it. People can draw their own inferences from there; frankly, media could use a bit more representation for bisexuals (For all the progress made of late with LGBTQ representation, there's not a lot of the Q in there).

The problem is they made TRACER a Lesbian. FROM NOWHERE. Until now I was always on the impression that Winston and Tracer were so close because they couldn't even consider relationship with others. And there a some other choices for a WAY MORE credible lesbian character in Overwatch.
    What in the ever loving hell is a "credible lesbian?" Serious question, have you ever actually MET someone who's LGBTQ?

The only defining characteristic of a "credible lesbian" should be that she is sexually attracted to women (And that's not even the be-all-end-all as said woman could also be bisexual).

Quote Originally Posted by 0bsessions View Post
    What in the ever loving hell is a "credible lesbian?" Serious question, have you ever actually MET someone who's LGBTQ?

The only defining characteristic of a "credible lesbian" should be that she is sexually attracted to women (And that's not even the be-all-end-all as said woman could also be bisexual).
    Yes, I have a bunch of lesbian friends, one which discovered herself way after I befriended her, and I have 2 relatives that are lesbians, and there is social constraints on their behavior, that aren't present on Tracer.
    It's not because you never took the time to notice that the sexual behavior, being from the gender that attract the attention, up to the amount of the sexual drive affect everyday behavior, that this thing doesn't exist.
    It's not the special snowflake of mommy ability to notice that defines how people work or not.
    DEAL WITH IT

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Yes, I have a bunch of lesbian friends, one which discovered herself way after I befriended her, and I have 2 relatives that are lesbians, and there is social constraints on their behavior, that aren't present on Tracer.
    It's not because you never took the time to notice that the sexual behavior, being from the gender that attract the attention, up to the amount of the sexual drive affect everyday behavior, that this thing doesn't exist.
    It's not the special snowflake of mommy ability to notice that defines how people work or not.
    DEAL WITH IT
    So you're basing your conclusion here on an entirely anecdotal "evidence" supplied by a sample size of three people?

New flash, kid, LGBTQ folk, just like literally everyone else in the world, are not defined in their personalities by their sexual orientation. You know what makes Tracer a credible lesbian? The fact that she's apparently attracted to women. That is literally the one and only necessary characteristic and for you to argue otherwise is objectively and laughably wrong.

I am genuinely curious, though, what exact "social constraints" does a gay woman, as a rule, have that you or I do not?

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand these holiday events and achievements they keep posting about. Are these only on the PTR or live?
    The articles should really, really clarify this.

Quote Originally Posted by 0bsessions View Post

I am genuinely curious, though, what exact "social constraints" does a gay woman, as a rule, have that you or I do not?
    I'd like to know, too. It always fascinates me when someone speaks for another group, when they're not part of that group. I have gay friends and relatives, too, and I would never speak for them, like that, because I have no idea what living as a gay man or woman is like.

Deleted
    This achievement is unbareable by any pet-oriented spec. Your pets gets removed and you have to fight alone in your rat. Sorry BM Hunters, SV Hunters and Demonology Warlocks.. Atleast the rest of Karazhan is 100% pet-users friendly... :cough: Chess battle :cough:

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I'd like to know, too. It always fascinates me when someone speaks for another group, when they're not part of that group. I have gay friends and relatives, too, and I would never speak for them, like that, because I have no idea what living as a gay man or woman is like.
    I mean, relatives and friends or even self aside, you can't really speak entirely for a group of people like that.

I'm an American who hangs out pretty exclusively in my own little liberal echo chamber and based on that, I might claim that most Americans fall under a set field of mannerisms, but to do so would be naive and ill-informed.

The idea that Tracer isn't a "credible" lesbian is ludicrous in the sense that there's no categorical criteria for determining a lesbian beyond the point blank qualifier of "is it a woman who is sexually attracted to other women and is not sexually attracted to men?"

I would absolutely accept the argument that she's not definitively a lesbian because, as far as I know, the second aspect of that question is unanswered. At the least, though, Tracer has checked off the one and only box required for being classified as either lesbian or bisexual.

"There are several rats that spawn etween Curator and Shade of Medivh" This annyoing anyone else?? hehe I know it's a simple typo! Please edit to say between before my ADHD takes over.