Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post
    you are like the guys who failed to understand legendary soft cap until blizzard admited it lol

i think you have no clue how true RNG results should look like
    You mean Random? As in the R in RNG. meaning the Results are RANDOM.

I think you have no clue what the word Random means and how Luck works. Protip: It's not a set outcome.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Of course random drops are designed, what fun would be it to have maxed out gear after a week.

The 1st WoW legendaries: sulfuras and thunderfury were ultra random drops once a week , 40 people, thunderfury needed 2 components. Sulfuras needed expensive crafts. And even then, I can't remember seeing more then like 1 of each 2-hander epic drop off Rag.

It took a long time Randomly to even get your full tier1 or tier2 8 piece set, competing with multiples of your class. Or weapons and trinkets usually across multiple.

Even the blue 8 piece set was random and sometimes other classes would compete for that too usually outside of guild runs.

My tier2 mage set was so good I skipped pretty much any upgrade ever till the end of the expansion since the 8 piece was so good, maybe even better then current BIS legendary, and you can't break a 8 piece set by swapping even 1 piece.

Because the set was so good, the person who got it the soonest could basicly save up their DKP or whatever loot system used for the best trinkets rings cloaks and weapons, so it was a win-win situation.

Did not finish naxx60 so couldnt get tier3 set bonus or Atiesh

I had the Field Marshal gear set as well, just didnt feel the same, even with increase to hp.

It's either random+subscription model, or crappy microtransaction free to play.
    Last edited by Teri; 2016-12-22 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    The conclusion you've come to, is based on how MMO gearing is supposed to work? It is designed, and that's how it's always been, in any MMO.

I've not had a neck upgrade since Week 1 of M+, but y'know that's just how the dice rolls sometimes. Or how much I loved raiding in vanilla not getting any upgrades from BWL until Naxx40, cos you had shit all items dropping for 40 people.

The core design philosophy is so that you have a constant progression path, better gear RNG, higher AP, or just better play (a lot don't focus on this last one I feel)
    This. Best part about Legion is being able to log you character at anytime and having something you can do to develop them. The RNG of gear is balanced by the grind of AP; just keep playing and it all works out. We all feel frustrated when we are on a cold streak for upgrades, but any player who has been in WoW for long can tell you that's how it goes. Two weeks with nothing, then two drops in one night.

Personally I prefer to focus on the factors I can control (AP & content), and trust the loot will happen in its own time. I make sure to get my 12 chest each week, pay attention to where I use my bonus rolls, and tank as many high level instances as I can for my guild so the bad luck protection builds up, but I focus on the process rather than results. This helps me relax and enjoy the game.

It also helps when you're part of a team - guild, raid team, and/or M+ team - so anyone's loot is everyone's loot. Maybe my order hall chest was no use this week, but my healer got a nice upgrade. He heals me every day so an upgrade for him helps me too. Every Monday night, my guild takes our best depleted keystones and use them to carry as many guild mates through as possible. The idea is to help everyone get 880-885 chests for Tuesday morning. I end up tanking several of these, and few things make me happier than seeing one of my mates get a legendary or other huge upgrade from this.

The game, like most of life, is what you make of it. Always has been; always will be.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2016-12-22 at 08:14 AM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I think it worked better in the past where you seldom got anything but when you did it was something good. Getting gear all the time where most of it is crap doesn't feel as meaningful.