Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    If I ask you a question "are you a man?" Then I don't need a two hour lecture on gender scales and social studies, which end up not answering the question. You answer the question with either 'Yes' or 'No'.
    I have learned over the many years that doesn't work here. Typically you need reasoning to better understand your response, and some kind of source. I know you aren't new here due to the outrageous remarks you make in most threads, so I'm sure you understand this. Unless it has been something completely missing from your arguments, which maybe helps me better understand you as a person now. Ad hominems aren't typically a strong suit in arguments, so to completely neglect my response by responding with them doesn't help your case.

- - - Updated - - -

This also has about nothing to do with the question I asked, that the other guy "answered" without actually answering it.
    There is a clear answer with understanding in that post. Ignoring it doesn't give you some type of validation for your anger that you didn't just get a yes or no. Part of me thinks you wanted a yes or nor strictly so that you could just try and rip into someone if they said yes. You don't like reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    I have learned over the many years that doesn't work here. Typically you need reasoning to better understand your response, and some kind of source. I know you aren't new here due to the outrageous remarks you make in most threads, so I'm sure you understand this. Unless it has been something completely missing from your arguments, which maybe helps me better understand you as a person now. Ad hominems aren't typically a strong suit in arguments, so to completely neglect my response by responding with them doesn't help your case.
    Your answer gets neglected if it has about nothing to do with a question you imagine to be answering. You can still answer it, unless you want to deflect all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Your answer gets neglected if it has about nothing to do with a question you imagine to be answering. You can still answer it, unless you want to deflect all day.
    To ask a question would deserve an understanding of what is considered mental illness. Accepting a mental illness as is far different than redefining the term, which seems to be implied in a response as this. The acceptance surprisingly removes some symptoms that would provide a mental illness diagnosis, yet doesn't negate the existence of a mental illness. The problem now is we are in an era of the world where a vocal minority wants to try and dictate this knowledge by completely construing facts of what defines mental illness. Mental illness however does not mean I need to walk around X person with said illness in disgust or in some judgemental manner that would be categorized under that. However, does not change what is defined in the medical field.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...der-sex-change

Is a good read to understand possible more. Again though, this is just a simple understanding of what you bring up. Not that people should or shouldn't judge these people harshly etc...

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Can they ban people who think we need 80 pronouns to label people and refuse to recognize the presence of the X and Y chromosome? That's more absurd than the most ridiculous climate change denier and isn't fake news, it's pure fantasy.
    Visit http://sjwiki.org/wiki/Main_Page and see how long you can read before your head explodes. The batshit insanity of SJWs is beyond epic.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    It was an extremely simple yes/no question.
    In other words, you were setting him/her up to be trolled and are upset that he/she didn't fall for it. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    To ask a question would deserve an understanding of what is considered mental illness. Accepting a mental illness as is far different than redefining the term, which seems to be implied in a response as this. The acceptance surprisingly removes some symptoms that would provide a mental illness diagnosis, yet doesn't negate the existence of a mental illness. The problem now is we are in an era of the world where a vocal minority wants to try and dictate this knowledge by completely construing facts of what defines mental illness. Mental illness however does not mean I need to walk around X person with said illness in disgust or in some judgemental manner that would be categorized under that. However, does not change what is defined in the medical field.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...der-sex-change

Is a good read to understand possible more. Again though, this is just a simple understanding of what you bring up. Not that people should or shouldn't judge these people harshly etc...
    You should become a politician, really. You've completely nailed on how to make a long winded answer, with plausible deniability all over it, including not actually answering a question. Leave the interpretations to the readers, and deny anything they might conclude. Apply for some office today.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    In other words, you were setting him/her up to be trolled and are upset that he/she didn't fall for it. Got it.
    In other words, you can't seemingly get an honest answer out of people, when their views are definitely looked in negative light, should they say it. Refusing to answer with anything but long winded deflection is just as good really.

But even better is not to answer at all at that point. He did answer however.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2016-12-21 at 09:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

You should become a politician, really. You've completely nailed on how to make a long winded answer, with plausible deniability all over it, including not actually answering a question. Leave the interpretations to the readers, and deny anything they might conclude. Apply for some office today.
    I've been contemplating it. Sadly some real life circumstances would prove difficult to achieve this goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    In other words, you can't seemingly get an honest answer out of people, when their views are definitely looked in negative light, should they say it. Refusing to answer with anything but long winded deflection is just as good really.
    Asking someone to give an answer or opinion without allowing them to provide any context is trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been off topic since post 2, and very little posts on topic. I see no way this gets anywhere close to the original topic.

Stop discussing sexuality and gender. Everyone knows this isn't allowed, and that goes for BOTH sides of the argument, pro and con.

closing