Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm not having much fun on ladder as I'm not a fan of facing pirate warriors and shamans like 80% of the time. And I refuse to play these decks myself, because its just incredibly dull and I actually end up feeling dirty for even playing it. I would need to craft Patches which is not exactly an exciting legendary. Last month I only played the last 2 days to get as far as possible for the prizes, I just couldn't bother playing more.

But despite that, I think arena is in a much better position now. Mage is still the top dog but most other classes are quite viable now, even priest which got some great new cards. And I like to try out some fun decks like Grimy Goons paladin and beast druid, they are tier 3 decks at best but a lot of fun to play. And it feels a lot more satisfying to win games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Sorry, I already moved on. The new card packs are just not exciting and I dont feel like being forced to play X games every day until the next card pack arrives to be able to afford at least 50 packs to be in relatively viable waters, if I am lucky.
    *Sigh* you aren't "forced" to do anything. Surely, the WoW players that try to pass off this argument have taught enough of the forum posters the truth about this. At the very least get the commons, rares, and maybe the occasional epic or very rare legendary slot needed (pretty much only Patches) and be viable with aggro. Nobody can strongly pass off the argument that you need to play constantly to get a viable aggro deck, that is almost exclusively reserved for control and combo deck archtypes only.

You also don't even need to log on to the game everyday to get your quests done. So as long as you log on every three days to knock some quests out you are good, so again that argument isn't really valid either. If you can't log on to a game once every three days then I don't see how your current responsibilities would allow you to include any type of gaming in your free time tbh, so that wouldn't just be a HS/Blizzard gaming problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    *Sigh* you aren't "forced" to do anything. Surely, the WoW players that try to pass off this argument have taught enough of the forum posters the truth about this. At the very least get the commons, rares, and maybe the occasional epic or very rare legendary slot needed (pretty much only Patches) and be viable with aggro. Nobody can strongly pass off the argument that you need to play constantly to get a viable aggro deck, that is almost exclusively reserved for control and combo deck archtypes only.

You also don't even need to log on to the game everyday to get your quests done. So as long as you log on every three days to knock some quests out you are good, so again that argument isn't really valid either. If you can't log on to a game once every three days then I don't see how your current responsibilities would allow you to include any type of gaming in your free time tbh, so that wouldn't just be a HS/Blizzard gaming problem.
    No thanks sorry, its just not fun to me anymore, glad that its still fun to you.

Deleted
    It's shit and the people in charge have no idea what they are doing. Ben Brode is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    It's shit and the people in charge have no idea what they are doing. Ben Brode is a joke.
    Been saying this for years. Arena is only thing that keeps me playing. Also the fact I have kids and games last at most 6 minutes so I'm allowed to constantly get up when needed. But I will agree with Mcneil...Arena did get better. All classes are pretty much viable except hunter and druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    Brode is the front man standing on the shoulders of giants. The introverted nerdy developers are in the background doing all the programming, you won't hear a peep from them if they can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faint^ View Post
    All classes are pretty much viable except hunter and druid.
    Hunter is one of the best classes in arena now and the least stressful to play. Just face, face, face and outrace them.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Brode is the front man standing on the shoulders of giants. The introverted nerdy developers are in the background doing all the programming, you won't hear a peep from them if they can help it.

Hunter is one of the best classes in arena now and the least stressful to play. Just face, face, face and outrace them.
    Not really. Hunter is terrible. You have very little card draw and with Priest/warlock being just as good as mage/pally/rogue now. Whoever goes straight face regardless of the situation in arena is dumb and I beat them everytime. While hunter is face majority of the time, you do have to make trades to win.

Deleted
    I started a new account just for something different. Facing pirate warriors and shamans and jade druids at rank 25. I wonder how many new players last through their first week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a chance to win any games in this p2w meta, so I created my own meta.
    Wait the max 75 seconds every turn. Annoyance to the max.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. Hunter is terrible. You have very little card draw and with Priest/warlock being just as good as mage/pally/rogue now. Whoever goes straight face regardless of the situation in arena is dumb and I beat them everytime. While hunter is face majority of the time, you do have to make trades to win.
    Hunter is not terrible, most people don't have the right mindset of how to play it. They try to play it the same way they play the other classes and their win rate suffers in the long run.

Deleted
    I am not suggesting Brode is alone responsible for this. But he is the lead game designer. He is not just a public figure but the number one man concerning all of the games developments.

Hunter is not terrible, most people don't have the right mindset of how to play it. They try to play it the same way they play the other classes and their win rate suffers in the long run.

Maybe its just your account then. You can google any site and hunter/druid is the bottom of everyone's list. Idk what your most wins in arena is or what your average win per run is so it just may be different then others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe its just your account then. You can google any site and hunter/druid is the bottom of everyone's list. Idk what your most wins in arena is or what your average win per run is so it just may be different then others.
    As I said most people don't have the right mindset to play it well so it's at the bottom of their lists. It's certainly not as bad as you're trying to make out, it's also one of the most consistent and least polarized classes that doesn't get boosted by drafting specific cards like Firelands Portal or Abbysals or Talonpriests.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'll be happy to see reno cycle out of standard in april or whenever. and i am hoping for hunters to become a lot stronger soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    Not a chance to win any games in this p2w meta, so I created my own meta.
    Wait the max 75 seconds every turn. Annoyance to the max.
    For the very fact that you can win and grind ladder fairly quickly with aggro decks (pirate warrior is the prime example) which has only one legendary, and few epics (if any), I have to say no the meta is not "p2w".

The deck costs a pittance of dust to make.

Hunter always struggled against even more aggresive decks, because they don't have any decent way of fighting back other than Traps.

And Explosive traps is not great against aggro Shaman, due their minions very often having more than 2 health and freezing trap is usually something that can be played around.

People might make hunter worse than it actually is, but there is most certainly no Unicorn Hunter out there that actually stands up to the meta decks.

As for Arena, well, Kripp claimed that Hunter is actually his best Class in Arena currently, might be a bit of Constructed blending over into Arena in people's mind.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2017-02-07 at 07:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    For the very fact that you can win and grind ladder fairly quickly with aggro decks (pirate warrior is the prime example) which has only one legendary, and few epics (if any), I have to say no the meta is not "p2w".
    The deck costs a pittance of dust to make.
    True that, gotta take back my words 'bout p2w, piratewarrior without legendaries works quite well too, and it's fairly cheap!
    Didn't remember this weird feeling after you get end-game cards like 10 drafts in row... It's like... It's like a feeling of killing someone. Quite nice!
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKING SHITFUCVKCHNBU FASÖVASÖVASÖV
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

I've gone back to exclusively playing Arena now, only touching Ranked if I have a daily I'm almost done with that I just want to knock out quick.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    I've gone back to exclusively playing Arena now, only touching Ranked if I have a daily I'm almost done with that I just want to knock out quick.
    Yes yes....the force is strong in this one.