Poll: How often?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I used to use the public bus almost every day to go to college. Picked up right near my house, and went right to the college.

Now I have a car, so the only time I used public transport is taking a train to the city.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    How do you know if it's not offered?
    Because where I live now is a small town and everyone owns a car. Why would I take a bus anywhere when I can drive there in 5 minutes. Cabs arent even used much here outside of a few people getting shit faced at the bar and getting a cab home.

I lived in Austin TX for most of my life so I know public transit is needed in bigger cities. Where I am now though, its just not something thats needed.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2016-12-21 at 09:16 PM.

Multiple times every day, i live in a city.

Sold my car like 6 years ago and never felt the need for it anymore since I moved to a city. The public transports (especially the tram) are so much less frustrating and chilled.
    Last edited by bondgirl; 2016-12-21 at 09:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in Southern California

What public transport?

Unless you count Uber

Quote Originally Posted by Dennu View Post
    I've never really felt a need to have a driver license because every where where I have lived have always had a good public transport system so you can get to where you need to within reasonable times.
    You can always have a drivers license and not own a vehicle. There may be emergency situations you may find yourself in where having a drivers license will come in handy.

Deleted
    Living in a city with a very good public transportation system: almost daily. When I'm at home (rural area) e.g. for the christmas holidays, I use it rarely. When I need to go somewhere there, I usually borrow the car of someone in the family if possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every day. I live 20 miles (32km) from my office, so it's much cheaper to take the bus into the city ($36/month for a company-sponsored bus pass versus $8/day for parking).
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    You can always have a drivers license and not own a vehicle. There may be emergency situations you may find yourself in where having a drivers license will come in handy.
    Not to mention the fact that you open up quite a few jobs that for some reason want you to be able to drive a car (pick up or drop off something for example).