For high latency Emerald Dreamcatcher users, a "fix" to squeeze out some perfomance.

By living in Brazil my latency is around 180ms, so in order to be able to fit spells in between my starsurges I need around 5% to 8% extra haste than the breakpoint.

After complaining with a friend about it and mentioning that I can do the rotation when the lag toleration is set to the max - what breaks everything else - we had a simple idea: change the lag tolerance when casting Solar Wrath.

First you have to turn it on since blizzard hid it, by using “/console SET reducedLagTolerance 1” or an addon like Advanced Interface Options.

Then you have to bind “/console SET MaxSpellStartRecoveryoffset 400” to the spell you can’t fit it depite having the cap and starsurge, in my case I can’t fit two Starlord Solar Wrath with 32% haste, so mine looks like this:

#showtooltip
    /console SET MaxSpellStartRecoveryoffset 400
    /cast Solar Wrath

You can change 400 for the smallest number that makes you able to fit it with ease.

And then you bind the normal lag tolerance to another spell, I did LS, with my usual MS, like this:

#showtooltip
    /console SET MaxSpellStartRecoveryoffset 150
    /cast Lunar Strike

Too bad we only had this idea after the raid is done and pre ED nerf haha

I hope it helps someone
    Last edited by Poquin; 2016-12-21 at 11:39 PM.

So if you use the addon, youd put it on 1, and then use those macros? I have the same problem but I have 50 ms. Im at 36% haste and BARELY am able to get 2 SW cast in.

With the addon you ignore the "/console SET reducedLagTolerance 1” and do everything else. Works better if you also make a starsurge macro (Actually I believe only the starsurge one is enough, the sw might be an overkill).

Deleted
    well i tested this and u have any clue to make it back ? How it was ?
    it feels now rlly laggy and cant fix it

Deleted
    same, it drops fps heavily.
    Last edited by mmocf166a846fc; 2016-12-23 at 02:50 PM.

You have three options:

1 - Change "/console SET MaxSpellStartRecoveryoffset x " to your regular MS.
    2 - Use “/console SET reducedLagTolerance 0” to turn it off.
    3 - Install https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/ad...terfaceoptions, go to interface -> addons -> Advanced Interface Options -> Combat and turn the Custom Lag Tolerance Off.

It will feel really lag cause it's what this option does, it queues your action in order to you dampen the delay betwen spells, what makes we able to do the rotation if you have problems like me.

And this is why in my Lunar Strike turns it off, so it will be on just when I'm using SW.

After 7.2, my Emerald Dreamcatcher broken again=(
    How can I get it back?

The new CVar for this is "SpellQueueWindow".

Deleted
    Hello fellow moonkins

Some weeks ago I finally got ED. However, I realized quickly that I can’t maintain the buff with 2 SWs at 12.196 / 32,52% haste (unbuffed). Sometimes it even falls off at 36 – 38% haste! When it does, it feels like I’d have heavy lag issues.

Here is what I did so far:
    - I’m specced in Starlord and I only use empowered SWs
    - I played around with lag tolerance. 150 – 200 ms seems to work best for me. However, the problem still exists.
    - The latency showed in the game menu usually says 20 – 30ms.
    - I tested the macros written in this post. SW set to 400 ms and the other spells set to 200 ms. It helped a bit at least.
    - I enabled and disabled IPv6 and Optimize Network for Speed.
    - I disabled all my addons.
    - I played ED on different devices (PC and laptop) and on different flats/internet connections.

Any help, tips, thoughts are highly appreciated! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by MaikosWrath View Post
    Hello fellow moonkins

Some weeks ago I finally got ED. However, I realized quickly that I can’t maintain the buff with 2 SWs at 12.196 / 32,52% haste (unbuffed). Sometimes it even falls off at 36 – 38% haste! When it does, it feels like I’d have heavy lag issues.
    Does it happen every time or only when you have low AP and second SW would put you over 26 AP?

Deleted
    Always... ._.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MaikosWrath View Post
    Always... ._.
    If you have advanced combat logging enabled, turn it off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    If you have advanced combat logging enabled, turn it off.
    Tried it yesterday during our raid. It didn't help. I guess I'm just screwed. :/

So if my MS is @50-60, i put

#showtooltip
    /console SET SpellQueueWindow 50
    /cast Lunar Strike

?

What about the 400 one, do I increase it if I want more response? Because if I decrease it, it comes closer to the regular value, so why modify it in the first place.