Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post
    Sure once its 100% Required for everyone to Vote. 2 States that make up 18% of our population should not speak for the Majority. NY and CA carried her entire vote. without both she lost by over 3mil votes. so sure im fine with the Removal of the EC, Once Voting is 100% Required of every US Citizen.
    I don´t think you´d like the outcome of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    By far and away the most EC votes, and the most representatives, but yeah, has no power.
    And still underrepresented, amazing how it can have all of that at the same time, isn´t it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    That isn't the point - Donald Clownass Trump is in the office for the next 4 years, we have no way around that catastrophe.

But on the off chance the world survives him - the EC has to be looked at, with no actual function - it needs to be discarded.
    You mean like it was looked at after BushGore?

It will never be discarded.
    Then it needs to do its job then....

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Yes, yes, the evil coastal elites vs. the good and righteous rural folk.

And is still underrepresented and overtaxed.
    Over taxed by your own representatives. Just sayin...

- - - Updated - - -

It did it's job perfectly. It balanced the power across the whole nation, instead of in just two cities.

I mean, when 99% of the counties go red, it's hard to say it wasn't fair because two counties with high populations went to Hillary.

People voted. We have a president. Mission complete.

Over taxed by your own representatives. Just sayin...
    My representatives control the entire federal budget?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I don´t think you´d like the outcome of that.
    Sure would. as a independent in MA who voted Trump this year, my vote was worth nothing. 1 other person from my family voted, noone else felt their votes would have mattered. Everyone should have to Vote. there is no middle ground when everyone has to do something. no more "well my vote wont matter" for all sides.

My representatives control the entire federal budget?
    Your representatives are tax and spend liberals, yes. Complaining about debt when you are sitting in the epicenter of the earthquake (no offense for the pun), is a bit rich.

Your representatives are tax and spend liberals, yes.
    So, liberals are the ones who are propping up the failed red states then?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    This means nothing.
    Are you really that insecure in yourself and your own opinion that you have to lash out against statistics presented without bias?

The next Democrat who runs for president better run on a "remove the EC" or else this is nothing but a distraction.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Deleted
    Sure once its 100% Required for everyone to Vote. 2 States that make up 18% of our population should not speak for the Majority. NY and CA carried her entire vote. without both she lost by over 3mil votes. so sure im fine with the Removal of the EC, Once Voting is 100% Required of every US Citizen.
    So you think it's good that people who have different views that your own should have votes that count for less?

So, liberals are the ones who are propping up the failed red states then?
    No, Liberals are spending more than we collect. It's nice that you provide a tax base but, you spend more than you provide so what good does it do?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    The next Democrat who runs for president better run on a "remove the EC" or else this is nothing but a distraction.
    You DO realize they have no power to do that, right? This is not Vietnam, Smoky. This is bowling. There are rules.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    So you think it's good that people who have different views that your own should have votes that count for less?
    Yes. Hating California and New York for being dirty liberal elites is why they are against people having an equal voice in the government.

No, Liberals are spending more than we collect. It's nice that you provide a tax base but, you spend more than you provide so what good does it do?
    I'm fine with not paying for shitty red states that hate me. Would be a nice spending cut.

Clearly the "will of the people."
    Clearly. The election is not meant to be decided by 1 or 2 giant cities like NYC or LA. Get over it.
    I don't read replies, so don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You mean like it was looked at after BushGore?
    Yeah - but the difference there was Bush wasn't an unsuitable president, just and undesirable one.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by CrypticSoul View Post
    Clearly. The election is not meant to be decided by 1 or 2 giant cities like NYC or LA. Get over it.
    Why are people in NYC and LA worth less than people elsewhere?

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure would. as a independent in MA who voted Trump this year, my vote was worth nothing. 1 other person from my family voted, noone else felt their votes would have mattered. Everyone should have to Vote. there is no middle ground when everyone has to do something. no more "well my vote wont matter" for all sides.
    There are generally more democrats than republicans... so changing it to compulsory voting would almost certainly lead to democrats winning.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by CrypticSoul View Post
    They will never get over it. They will never admit when things get better either. They will just keep on playing identity politics, and calling everyone a racist. Any day now, that whole strategy of insulting every person alive is going to pay off with mad votes. Any day now....any day....

- - - Updated - - -

Why are people in NYC and LA worth less than people elsewhere?
    Because a country thousands of miles wide should not ONLY be ruled by two counties.

- - - Updated - - -

You DO realize they have no power to do that, right? This is not Vietnam, Smoky. This is bowling. There are rules.
    It's not about having the power to do it or not, it's about these folks whining putting it to those they claim should have won. I doubt very much removing the EC will be part of the next Democrat platform, but if it matters as much as these folks so much well, they out too at least try, else they are just blowing facts.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."