Chestplate of Impenetrable Darkness

I have an Eye of Command. I have the 875 Chestplate of Impenetrable Darkness and a 885 Horror Inscribed Chestguard. Simcraft says 2k dps loss but fighting a dummy shows an increase. I assume it doesn't factor properly? In a raid setting would it generally be better seeing as Eye is our BIS for frost?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGrazer View Post
    I have an Eye of Command. I have the 875 Chestplate of Impenetrable Darkness and a 885 Horror Inscribed Chestguard. Simcraft says 2k dps loss but fighting a dummy shows an increase. I assume it doesn't factor properly? In a raid setting would it generally be better seeing as Eye is our BIS for frost?
    Uhm, you have 2 chests pieces and one trinket? OKAY?

Obviously, it doesnt factor properly.

Quote Originally Posted by UnholyGrazer View Post
    Idk if simcraft factors the nightbane chest properly as i havent dropped it yet, but its probably safe to say it will be better than your dragon chest piece. But again, try to check in simcraft to see if the buff from EoC is actually increased when simming the NB chest.

Simc isn't accurately simming the chest. I have an 875 socket Darkness, and a 880 socket insect etched, and the darkness is better hands down. In your case, with neither socketed, it's possible the raw strength differance, and the vers, will make up the difference in favor of the horror etched.

Run your math, determine how much more crit you get at max stacks of Eye with the chest piece(for me it totaled to about 450 bonus crit from the chest), and add that to Darkness's weight, and compare them.