Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    You forgot the Mastery buff, the new Chaos Cleave talent, the Fel Eruption buff, the First Blood buff and the Nemesis buff. (Also all the new PvP talents that are buffs overall). And yeah, Momentum nerf (Demon's Speed)

I agree our fury generation will suck in 7.1.5 without tier and ring, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you've no idea how Blizzard works.

If the patch is already in the background downloader, that means the current PTR build is marked for release. No changes are going to be made to that build until live, probably.

I expect a lot of hotfixing before Nighthold, though, seeing the status the PTR is at (legendaries overall)
    They tend to do a lot of numbers tweaking during early progression. Mechanical changes generally won't happen, but they defo do changes even after release.

Deleted
    Thanks for the answer.

Not sure how this is going to affect most of you, but I've made a curious discovery - once you replace actions+=/eye_beam,if=talent.demonic.enabled&buff.metamorphosis.down&fury.deficit<30 with actions+=/eye_beam,if=talent.demonic.enabled
    and
    actions+=/pick_up_fragment,if=talent.demonic_appetite.enabled&fury.deficit>=30 with actions+=/pick_up_fragment,if=talent.demonic_appetite.enabled&fury.deficit>=35

to account for the 7.1.5 changes (you want to use eye beam on cooldown period while using demonic, and adding meta duration was fixed for both buff sources) Demonic seems to be really strong on ST as well.

proof: imgur . com / V3dU3fy

since I can't post links just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    And here's my conclusion.

On my havoc demonhunter the patch brought me this:

* 13,333% fury generation reduction
    * a crit chance drop from 44% to 37%
    * no compensation for the above mentioned, instead a BiS Legendary which also got nerfed just to make sure I need to have the 2 piece tier set bonus and the legendary in order to somewhat get back the gameplay I am used to.
    * no baked in talents.

I must say, those devs ....mmmmm! really good. They are so fucking good it hurts...a lot.

I really hope their CD CJ meetings are fruitful when they F themselves countlessly in the A.

God they P me off.

F this game.
    You really don't know sh*t about the class if that is all you got out of it.

Get the f out of these forums. You're a cancer.

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-12-26 at 05:30 AM.

Deleted

* no compensation for the above mentioned, instead a BiS Legendary which also got nerfed just to make sure I need to have the 2 piece tier set bonus and the legendary in order to somewhat get back the gameplay I am used to.
    * no baked in talents.

I must say, those devs ....mmmmm! really good. They are so fucking good it hurts...a lot.

I really hope their CD CJ meetings are fruitful when they F themselves countlessly in the A.

God they P me off.

F this game.
    wtf no compensation he says. Idk man the main stat increase, chaos strike being upped by 85%, fell barrage, first blood buffed, Nemesis buffed, pvp talents better, Nemesis buffed and mastery buffed. So ehm..., are you okay? ^^

Alqo, my live simmed dps is roughly 424.085, on the ptr It's 494.797 dps - idk man..I even went on the ptr itself and felt good so :L

on another note: FINALLY GOT THE RING ON CHRISTMAS FUCK YEAH BITCHES I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST OF LUCK ON GETTING IT AS WELL! Excited for next patch ^.^ woop woop
    Last edited by mmoc8984276725; 2016-12-25 at 08:19 AM.

I kinda feel "forced" not to play my main, due to legendary bad luck protection...

Kinda must save the last chance for shoulders to drop, and not get some lesser legendary before patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kayusa View Post
    wtf no compensation he says. Idk man the main stat increase, chaos strike being upped by 85%, fell barrage, first blood buffed, Nemesis buffed, pvp talents better, Nemesis buffed and mastery buffed. So ehm..., are you okay? ^^

Alqo, my live simmed dps is roughly 424.085, on the ptr It's 494.797 dps - idk man..I even went on the ptr itself and felt good so :L

on another note: FINALLY GOT THE RING ON CHRISTMAS FUCK YEAH BITCHES I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST OF LUCK ON GETTING IT AS WELL! Excited for next patch ^.^ woop woop
    How could I sim with PTR server?

F this game.
    Except that it's overall a significant buff as you've completely failed to mention the numerous increases across the board.

Also pretty much everybody got a crit reduction, they lowered the baseline across the board.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varamar View Post
    How could I sim with PTR server?
    http://downloads.simulationcraft.org...5-01-Win64.exe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    *ramble ramble rant*

PTR is a time for them to try things. They haven't even slid out patch notes/explanations. Go make well thought out and constructive posts on the official forums and engage in concise intelligent discussion. Blizzard will notice that and may make changes reflecting community discussion.

Or just whine here. Idc
    Whine now or forever be silent. If we don't speak up when the game is going in a bad direction then when are we supposed to.

I think if you adjust to the the changes being made and tweak your rotation a bit everything will be fine. To me know how to play your class trumps all these changes. Every class has its strong points, I just don't see Blizzard destroying this class because they want to. Bottomi line make adjustments.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    Except that it's overall a significant buff as you've completely failed to mention the numerous increases across the board.

Also pretty much everybody got a crit reduction, they lowered the baseline across the board.
    Lets put it this way. All the buffs in the world wont help if your fury generation is shit. And for me its gonna be that way. Why? Because they nerfed my fury gen to 65% proc chance and the ring to max 8 fury. They didnt compensate for that nerf. Why do feel the need of compensation? cuz I dont own the effing ring. Right now, for me, to experience fluent gameplay, i need the ring ..at least on ptr. On live I manage, on Ptr without the ring, it sucks. Feels like vanilla arms warrior with 23.8 AS and 2 swings needed for the next MS. not fun.

That is basically what I complain about. I also need crit because crit = fury. Lack of crit means more fury spent means more downtime.

My adjustment at the current state of ptr is ...get more crit ...get lucky and loot the ring. 2 things they "tried" to avoid with this patch ...make secondary stats less important, make legendaries less important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's why i wanted so much that prepared become ahead of demon blades, but not gonna happen, was even more pissed when i saw that my downtime went from 25% to 34%-if- i use the current live build on the ptr.

BUT

i simmed the "recommended" ST build (2/2/2/x/3/1) and my downtime went from 25% to 12%,and that's good news, so, we will see how the flow once the patch hits.

Also my dps gain was alot using the st recommended build with -first blood- and not chaos cleave.

I do not own the ring btw.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lets put it this way. All the buffs in the world wont help if your fury generation is shit. And for me its gonna be that way. Why? Because they nerfed my fury gen to 65% proc chance and the ring to max 8 fury. They didnt compensate for that nerf. Why do feel the need of compensation?
    Man, are you not reading?

Felblade makes a massive difference to the fury regen. As Nihal pointed out, there is a significant drop on the downtime and that is before even taking into account the two set bonuses.
    Last edited by Littlepwny; 2016-12-28 at 06:35 AM.

So i guess having the legendary feet and the ring i should stay fel mastery for m+ next patch?

On ptr dummy, I found myself more fury starved with fb and db with 65% proc, than fel mastery and db at 75% on live. I hope I've just been unlucky. That said, I mainly pvp and many times now I'm speccing both felblade and fel mastery and I'm going to miss this... I understand that in pve tier set and leg ring will help fury generation, I just have to see if there will be problems in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Sendula View Post
    Shirofune, did you use AotHG in these sims? Your gear and artifact seems similiar to mine (although you have way more haste and versa, while I favored mastery) and I'm simming 485k with First Blood.

The interesting part is that the Demonic build (3311333) sims for almost 500k ST. Granted, I have Raddon's, but it still amuses me. Any ideas why it might be that strong?

If you are favoring mastery, why would you go with First blood? Chaos cleave will scale with your mastery and actually increase you cleave dmg aswell. (chaos cleave hits the original target also, so it adds 25% dmg to your #1 single target dealer also)
    Last edited by mrpeoplemonster; 2016-12-30 at 09:36 PM.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just rerolled DH and I'm loving it so far. However are these 7.1.5 sims correct?

www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T19M.html

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Just rerolled DH and I'm loving it so far. However are these 7.1.5 sims correct?

Yeah they are correct. If you run with 7.1 talents and gear when your class recieved significant talent changes then you will be last. Simply changing talents brings that profile up to 452k and i'd imagine you could squeze out another 20-30k if you swapped to more mastery gear.

* no baked in talents.

God they P me off.

F this game.
    I can't wait. On live when I copied my char over i was pulling 230k with the gear I had, after copying it and changing builds using the same exact gear my dps went up to 312k dps.

plz get here soon patch, plz hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Jep3 View Post
    Yeah they are correct. If you run with 7.1 talents and gear when your class recieved significant talent changes then you will be last. Simply changing talents brings that profile up to 452k and i'd imagine you could squeze out another 20-30k if you swapped to more mastery gear.
    the sim is for the old momentum build, not for demonic wich is much higer. you would be over 420k in equivalent gear if it simmed propperly
    Last edited by Wardonis; 2016-12-31 at 03:24 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post

The Demon Hunter simulation has not been updated with proper talents and gear, we are significantly higher and as a further bonus our best legendaries are high impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardonis View Post
    the sim is for the old momentum build, not for demonic wich is much higer. you would be over 420k in equivalent gear if it simmed propperly
    Or significantly higher with Chaos Blades.
    Last edited by Littlepwny; 2016-12-31 at 10:40 AM.