Thread: Resto 4 piece

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resto 4 piece

Can anyone explain to me how this isn't trash and a complete joke of a set bonus,

Deleted
    it's very good and you dont know how to value it

You didn't actually say anything.

Deleted
    It's amazing, what are you talking about?

How could you possibly think its a garbage set? It's essentially a 15% buff to every HW you cast, because we rarely ever cast them without TW. Then the 4-pc knocks 3s off the remaining CD of HST every time you trigger TW.

Looking at my logs for Odyn earlier this week I triggered TW 72 times, which with napkin math works out to an additional ~7 HST casts during the fight. I'm not going to say that the set is game breaking, but it's a nice bonus to my healing. Will come in handy in M+ too, because speaking personally I frequently end up using RT/HS combos in there, especially at higher levels, and when you factor in the crit bonus chance from TW this 15% becomes even more powerful.

You just need to rethink it.

you get extra casts of an incrdedly high hpm and healing per cast skill

and passively taking 10% less damage more often is nice

it's hard to accurately measure in raids with all the craziness mastery, lust, and shit bring, but I generally get a bit over a 1.1M healing on average per cast (closer to 1.4M on easy to cheese fights like ursoc or guarm) with chain heal (although do note I prefer to run unleash on most fights right now) and 1.05M for hst after stupid queens decree rng

so this just gives us more of a very mana efficient and versatile heal

and it's after triggering tidal waves, not consuming

so yeah it's not going to always be the perfect hps increase on stacked targets, but it's great for mana efficiency and occasionally something to do while moving

also a droppable set bonus I guess, but I dont think the stats are THAT bad as long as you can dodge too much haste right now really, and I wouldnt hate an extra 5-10M easy healing done per fight or so
    Last edited by ryklin; 2016-12-24 at 07:57 AM.

People commenting on the two piece bonus I think are missing the original point, he's not saying that its bad at all. He only said the 4 piece sucked, which it does.

Healing Stream for me only does about 5-6% of my overall healing on any fight, normal to mythic raids, and virtually nothing in mythic pluses. And thats including the base healing and Queen's Decree and dropping it on cooldown.

So I am pretty upset with how bad it sucks, but I am glad that I wont "need" to get the 4 piece bonus like other classes. Once I get the two pieces that have the best resto stats for the two piece bonus, I can just get all the other mail gear with the right stats.

Deleted
    it's very good and you dont know how to value it

then show them value it for them so they can see why it is good isntead of say 'its very good you dont know ho to value it'

7+ Year Old Account
    My opinion:

HST is doing 6-10% of my healing in raids. I generally miss 2-4 placements each fight, so it would be higher if I wasn't channeling my inner dps at times. It averages over a mil healing per use in 20m content. It's one of the lowest overhealing abilities (queen's decree being most of it, unless you just pop it willynilly). Why would I not want more frequent HSTs?

In term of m+, for lower ones HST is wonderful because you can pop it and riptide the tank then go on your merry-dpsing way. For higher m+, Caress of the Tidemother is more than enough of a reason to want more frequent HST casts.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryklin View Post
    you get extra casts of an incrdedly high hpm and healing per cast skill
    OP shouldn't need any more answers than this. casting good spell more often=good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by magiee View Post
    then show them value it for them so they can see why it is good isntead of say 'its very good you dont know ho to value it'
    their second grade math teacher should have already done this

once again still not showin em how good it is first grade math teacher

It might be OK on paper but imo HST is one of the most boring, least impactful FEELING spell in the game. When I spell only looks like it did something when you dig into logs that feels bad to me.

HST isn't as sexy as huge crits, fair enough. It's pretty great overall though, you gotta admit.

Quote Originally Posted by magiee View Post
    once again still not showin em how good it is first grade math teacher
    Hey, I was first in line! I've asked him nearly a month ago to show how mastery is 2:1 against int at 35% hp and realistic stats. Still waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    My opinion:

HST is doing 6-10% of my healing in raids. I generally miss 2-4 placements each fight, so it would be higher if I wasn't channeling my inner dps at times. It averages over a mil healing per use in 20m content. It's one of the lowest overhealing abilities (queen's decree being most of it, unless you just pop it willynilly). Why would I not want more frequent HSTs?

In term of m+, for lower ones HST is wonderful because you can pop it and riptide the tank then go on your merry-dpsing way. For higher m+, Caress of the Tidemother is more than enough of a reason to want more frequent HST casts.
    Why is everything you say just so spectacularly and elegantly crafted. I just picture you with a violin playing Beethoven in the background sipping a nice cup of coco with little marshmallows floating in it as you peacefully and methodically execute a flawless comment...

ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    their second grade math teacher should have already done this
    I think the issue is you don't know what you're talking about.

I'm actually pretty happy with this set bonus. My biggest question though is whether or not you would get 4 seconds if you were playing crashing waves. I'm guessing that you wouldn't because it reads each time you "trigger" tidal waves so even though you're getting 2 stacks it should still only be 2 seconds.

Keep in mind that HST already very efficient HPS and it is being buffed in 7.1.5 while chain heal is getting a slight nerf. Take a look at your logs and check how many times you cast riptide in a fight.

To give an example i like playing echo on Odyn because of all the movement and i am also lucky enough to have gotten the legendary belt for riptide. I had 85 casts of riptide in a 8 minute odyn kill. So if i had the set bonus that would be 85*2= 170 seconds off my HST cooldown. 170/30s CD = 5.6 more HST casts in that fight. Looking at the logs my avg cast of HST is 767k. So if we take the lower end and assume 5 more HST thats 5*767=3835k more healing.

This along with the buff that HST is going to get will make it a significant increase to your healing and most importantly its added healing using only 1 GCD. I think its pretty strong and im happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    HST isn't as sexy as huge crits, fair enough. It's pretty great overall though, you gotta admit.
    Oh I completely agree its just. I wish we were moving into more of an engaging playstyle other than fire and forget spells. Like the problem with our last tier is just mind boggling to me. It doesnt help that the nerf to CH makes it ever more apparent that we are gonna need to take HT just to make CH worth casting to start with. TBH the only way I thiink I will be happy with that last tier is if HT gets baked into the spec. There is no reason CH needs to be gutted in order to make a freakin talent. Its lazy design and annnoys me greatly...

I still like my Shammy and feel like he is strong in M+ and during learning fights. Its just annoying to me some of these design decisions.