Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

If SV stayed ranged. What would/could our Artifact be?

So let me start off by saying I really enjoy melee survival. That being said the community at large seems to disagree and their points are understandable. So with that out of the way let me ask you this. I made this post in the lore thread since I thought that might be the best place to discuss it but it didn't get much attention. Maybe the post just sucks idk.

If Blizz had acquiesced to the community and kept SV ranged what in lore would have been our options for an Artifact Weapon in Legion? I'm sure there are some that actually exist and if you know of some please list them. If there are none or none that are viable then what would your preferred weapon be? What would be its name and attributes? Would it be a bow or a gun? Maybe even dual wielding pistols? (On second thought that makes no sense for SV but you get the point)

Describe them below. I've tried thinking of something and to be completely honest I'm drawing blanks. In the original post there were some really fascinating ideas but I feel like there are more to be had.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...kept-us-ranged . Here's the original post if you want to know what a few other people might have thought of

10+ Year Old Account
    SV - Bow
    MM - Gun
    BM - Crossbow

The way it should be and should have been.

1-handed dual wield crossbows / pistols

Thrown Javelins

Or could just split bows/xbows and guns between all 3 specs.

I support the throw Javelins.

tbh I think BM should have been the melee spec; survival could have gotten titanstrike and stayed with the traps/grenades/etc theme

it might have been fun for rhok'delar to get re-imagined as an artifact weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Ald View Post
    SV - Bow
    MM - Gun
    BM - Crossbow

The way it should be and should have been.
    No way MM should be a gun... BM should be gun, MM bow and SV crossbow.

Deleted
    Salt main hand and tears off-hand

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    tbh I think BM should have been the melee spec; survival could have gotten titanstrike and stayed with the traps/grenades/etc theme

it might have been fun for rhok'delar to get re-imagined as an artifact weapon
    No melee spec.

Instead of splitting type of weapon between spec, i would have done artifact skins to change it (and not the horrible thing we have now with the "hidden" ones) instead of colours.

Deleted
    I'd say SV gets bow, MM gets Xbow.

Though I don't think it'd make much of a difference, just feels like the Xbow would be the more accurate weapon which does "more damage", while arrows feel like they'd be more versatile or something.
    Though I wouldn't know which race/character could provide a Xbow-original. They are pretty much not represented at all in the WoW universe imho. Maybe some human?

As for bows, we'd just have to take a look at Nelfs, since they are more nature based and fit the survival theme better.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-24 at 08:50 PM.

Deleted
    The bow from MC ???

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    No way MM should be a gun... BM should be gun, MM bow and SV crossbow.
    MM shouldn't be a gun? Are you kidding? IIRC pistols and rifles are where the term marksman comes from.

They could have made SV the Amazon spec, a throwing javelin as weapon(could have made the Eagle Spear work as one I guess somehow). Focus on poisons and something else.

Similar to Diablo 2.

should have been a crossbow IMO

Bazooka artifact

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicSpoon View Post
    MM shouldn't be a gun? Are you kidding? IIRC pistols and rifles are where the term marksman comes from.

Nah. /10char

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Nah. /10char
    Nah. /10char

A marksman is a person who is skilled in precision shooting, using projectile weapons, usually with a rifle but most commonly with a designated marksman rifle or a special application rifle, to shoot at long range targets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicSpoon View Post
    Nah. /10char
    Nah.

That's how we use the term today, because we don't fight with bows and crossbows anymore.
    Why the fuck did you not read wikipedia further.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nah.

That's how we use the term today, because we don't fight with bows and crossbows anymore.
    Why the fuck did you not read wikipedia further.
    The spec that is based around being the longest range of the specs should use a bow. You're right. How dare I use logic in assuming a rifle can reach farther than a bow. /s

Deleted
    It's a medieval fantasy themed-game, guns couldn't shoot far at all.
    It's also about precision, not about longest range.

And if you want to be technical, 50y range is not far at all.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-12-24 at 09:19 PM.

It's a medieval fantasy themed-game, guns couldn't shoot far at all.
    It's also about precision, not about longest range.
    Titanstrike has a laser sight on it I don't think the medieval theme really applies anymore