Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Elemental Shaman mythic+ 7.1.5

Hey guys,

I think about rolling a elemental shaman once 7.1.5 hits cause I need a ranged dps class and I can share my AK from my frost dk by then
    I didn't play a shaman in legion until now so I have obviously no clue what the 7.1.5 changes will do to the class.

Would love if some mythic+ experienced elemental shaman could share some insight.

Thanks
    N

Only play ele sham if u have a passion for the spec, playing and gearing it is a tough uphill battle compared to other specs
    We're good in mythic+ and we're gonna be the same thing in 7.1.5
    If u plan to do any other content tho your gonna fall behind other classes unless u manage to get double BIS legends and/or are playing with retards

The spec is bottom on blizzard to do list and I have a feeling that the mage, shadow priest and hunter cry babies are gonna take up all their time so by the time they will reach deadline we're gonna be left out again

Quote Originally Posted by Noore57 View Post
    Hey guys,

I think about rolling a elemental shaman once 7.1.5 hits cause I need a ranged dps class and I can share my AK from my frost dk by then
    I didn't play a shaman in legion until now so I have obviously no clue what the 7.1.5 changes will do to the class.

Would love if some mythic+ experienced elemental shaman could share some insight.

Thanks
    N
    Honestly these posts should be invalid anymore. You can do a trial with any class and spec now. That said, Ele is one of the more bland range dps specs. It needs a serious overhaul, but somehow it's always been a very overlooked spec by blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Only play ele sham if u have a passion for the spec, playing and gearing it is a tough uphill battle compared to other specs
    We're good in mythic+ and we're gonna be the same thing in 7.1.5
    If u plan to do any other content tho your gonna fall behind other classes unless u manage to get double BIS legends and/or are playing with retards

The spec is bottom on blizzard to do list and I have a feeling that the mage, shadow priest and hunter cry babies are gonna take up all their time so by the time they will reach deadline we're gonna be left out again

Actually 7.1.5 is looking very good for Elemental

Elemental shaman AOE is essentially a 3 button rotation although having both Lightning Rod and (buffed) Liquid Magma Totem instead of having to choose one will make it both more powerful and more interesting in 7.1.5. Not to mention buffed Earthquake. We are also stronger ST-wise in dungeons than in raids simply because the bosses live less long, making Fire Elemental and whatnot count for a greater portion of the fight.

I really recommend it if you want a class for mythic+ that's hard to fuck up as but not totally uninteresting gameplay going forward.
    Last edited by Raxz; 2016-12-13 at 12:19 AM.

Hijackig this so I dont have to make a new thread.

Can some1 link me an artifact upgrade path I should follow if i specifically want my Ele for M+ only? I am Enhancment 890 and decided to gear my Ele spec for M+ farm only but I have no idea what artifact path to follow. The shaman discord is kind of vague about the Ele spec.

They won't play significantly different in mythic + than they do now. You'll likely still want to use LR, as ele's shine on aoe pack pulls. The biggest difference you'll feel is the lack of haste the class will have once that patch hits compared to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohliuf View Post

Can some1 link me an artifact upgrade path I should follow if i specifically want my Ele for M+ only? I am Enhancment 890 and decided to gear my Ele spec for M+ farm only but I have no idea what artifact path to follow. The shaman discord is kind of vague about the Ele spec.
    Just follow the normal progression path, but take the lower path (picking up chain-lightning and overload damage) instead of the flame shock + fire ele reduction on LvB one. Fire ele is super strong on bosses, so you definitely want it after a while, but you rarely cast flame shock or lava bursts in M+. If you want to specialize in single-target dmg (where ele is weakest atm), you probably want to follow the normal progression after all.

You definitely want Static Overload as quickly as possible, and flame shock damage should be one of the last ones to take. With the current AK level this shouldn't take that much time to farm up, so it doesn't really matter that much.

Deleted
    I've been farming M+ a lot as Elemental Shaman.
    It's a fantastic spec for that!

As you might already know: Elemental are excelling at AoE. Single target is lacking quite a bit.
    On the most trash pulls, you will most likely only spam Chain Lightning and EQ. So 2 buttons to use for a majority of the run.
    I find it fun, some might not.

Elemental shamans bring good utility to a M+ run, with AoE stun, AoE slow, AoE knockdown, off-healing and self ressurect. Healing CD if specced into it. Sick AoE burst on 1min CD.

I am so happy with my choice for this expansion, and I can't wait for our Single Target damage to get a buff. That will make us more than viable for anything out there.

The spec is a bit gear dependent though, so might wanna get some gear with decent crit before you start seeing good numbers.
    Last edited by mmoc44b031ba47; 2016-12-13 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakred View Post
    Honestly these posts should be invalid anymore. You can do a trial with any class and spec now. That said, Ele is one of the more bland range dps specs. It needs a serious overhaul, but somehow it's always been a very overlooked spec by blizz.
    You can trial any spec? It shows on mine that the Trials are only one spec per class.

7+ Year Old Account
    7.1.5 is looking to actually add some variety to the class by giving 2 separate builds that can punch out damage (the Icefury and the Spicy Meatball builds) and actually play fairly differently.

Stormearthandlava.com has some really good reading about the upcoming patch.

Basically, Elemental is a fantastic AOE class that is looking to get a big boost in Single Target coming in 7.1.5

Maybe my guild will actually let me start using my offspec after the patch. LOL

Ppl are overselling the dps boost imo, yes it's something but right now it's not enough unless u sit on 2x bis legends

The haste nerf needs to be reverted as a good starting point

Ppl are overselling the dps boost imo, yes it's something but right now it's not enough unless u sit on 2x bis legends

The haste nerf needs to be reverted as a good starting point
    You have a mixture of people saying "its still early" and the others that think Ele was in a good position pre 7.1.5 so these buffs are going to make them be in a even better position. These are the two things i've noticed the most when ele players discuss 7.1.5

The spec is going to be underwhelming in 7.1.5 as is and i'll just leave it at that because I don't want the Ele shamans to get the pitchforks out on me

Elemental is great. The satisfaction you get from multiple Overload proc's is fantastic... and when you stormkeeper CL spam a stacked amount of mobs is the most satisfying thing in game, especially when you get the Storm Elemental. I really can't be bothered levelling mine, it's only level 103, but if I ever get around to it then i'll definitely level it up and gear it. It's a very satisfying spec with the potential to ST burst over 1m and AoE over 4-6m (obviously dependant on pack size). My friend is 851 and bursts 900k ish with Ascendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Elemental is great. The satisfaction you get from multiple Overload proc's is fantastic... and when you stormkeeper CL spam a stacked amount of mobs is the most satisfying thing in game, especially when you get the Storm Elemental. I really can't be bothered levelling mine, it's only level 103, but if I ever get around to it then i'll definitely level it up and gear it. It's a very satisfying spec with the potential to ST burst over 1m and AoE over 4-6m (obviously dependant on pack size). My friend is 851 and bursts 900k ish with Ascendance.
    Seriously if you are not even 110 why are you even posting...

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Can u link video to show ure friend bursting that?

Quote Originally Posted by JonBeMerkin View Post
    You have a mixture of people saying "its still early" and the others that think Ele was in a good position pre 7.1.5 so these buffs are going to make them be in a even better position. These are the two things i've noticed the most when ele players discuss 7.1.5

The spec is going to be underwhelming in 7.1.5 as is and i'll just leave it at that because I don't want the Ele shamans to get the pitchforks out on me
    How many times are you going to make the same basic post dude? You say you don't want us to get out our "pitchforks" then why do you keep posting negative comments on ele shaman threads? Kinda seems like that is exactly what you want and maybe you just don't realise it. If you go outside when its raining.....you're going to get wet.

You think Ele is bad....we get it

Quote Originally Posted by Rawklobster View Post
    How many times are you going to make the same basic post dude? You say you don't want us to get out our "pitchforks" then why do you keep posting negative comments on ele shaman threads? Kinda seems like that is exactly what you want and maybe you just don't realise it. If you go outside when its raining.....you're going to get wet.

You think Ele is bad....we get it
    I have no idea who you are but was interested to find out why you are speaking to me like you know me despite being on these forums since 2010 with 90 posts and after reading some of your posts you seem like a very unhappy bitter person....(and nope sadly have no idea who you are!)

Anyway just because you read a few of my posts when I talk about Ele and YOU understand elemental is bad (hopefully) that doesn't mean others do. I'm talking about when I avoid sugarcoating anything and say the spec is bad people just can't accept it and they do anything to prove to me its not bad. I don't hate the spec its just people defend it so patiently when theres no reason to they should just admit the spec is bad....I'm not going to stop saying its bad and i don't need you to tell me what to do i'm a grown man.

Happy holidays though, i hope you manage to find some source of happiness this Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohliuf View Post

get 31 point exclude Shamanistic Healing(0/3) or Protection of the element(0/3).

take top path for single target / raid

botton path for Mythic+/aoe

element have lots of good trait untill 31

I am 883 enh and got carry by guildie's 873 ele. my total dps is around 400k-440k and he is about 450-500k. his aoe is crazy, almost x2 higher than me, and single target dps on boss is pretty close to me too. the only time he fall behind is 1-2 trash which not important.
    Last edited by Huanak; 2016-12-15 at 04:15 AM.

Can u link video to show ure friend bursting that?
    haven't got a vid of him bursting that but if you go on yotube heres an 868 ele sham bursting over 1mil