Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The WQ's are the same content you did while leveling, there's no difference, it's by definition grinding. You can't really work towards getting better gear any more, with chance of titanforging, warforging, sockets etc. Garrison resources 2.0 doesn't help either.

Deleted
    I know we shouldn't call people fanboys, but fanboy-ism is obvious in this thread. "There has always been grind", "go play another game", "the system is fine, your attitude is the problem" etc etc...

You morons are so absolutely blinded that you don't even realize how retarded you sound. Maybe you have time to grind endless m+ dungeons per week. Maybe you have some weird mental condition that doesn't make you get bored after thousands of world quests. Maybe you are just masochists. But most of the rest of us don't have the time, and we tend to get bored of repetitive content with rewards being pure RNG.

You deserve nothing but loathing.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-12-26 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    I know we shouldn't call people fanboys, but fanboy-ism is obvious in this thread. "There has always been grind", "go play another game", "the system is fine, your attitude is the problem" etc etc...

You morons are so absolutely blinded that you don't even realize how retarded you sound. Maybe you have time to grind endless m+ dungeons per week. Maybe you have some weird mental condition that doesn't make you get bored after thousands of world quests. Maybe you are just masochists. But most of the rest of us don't have the time, and we tend to get bored of repetitive content with rewards being pure RNG.

Then the game isn't the game for you, lol.
    I dunno how you honestly expect an unending amount of completely different quests every day for the 2 or so years an expansion lasts.

The grind is 100% in your mind. If you want to grind dungeons or wq, do it. The grind is 100% optional to most people, but only about 25% of those people even realize that.

Would you prefer the gear from WQ to not have a chance to go past 835?

7+ Year Old Account

lol like in vanilla when you totally dident need to spend about 12 hours a week farming mats to raid, for ALL of your consumables, as you could bassicly use as many as you wanted...

you also dident need to spend days upon days to farm a full resist set of each kind

and months farming gold to supply your repairs and ammo costs
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Zoreyai View Post
    it's by definition grinding.
    You are factually incorrect ... grinding is the continuous repetition of the same kill/action non stop for thousands of kills.

Doing the same quest 5 times over 2 months is NOT grinding - by definition.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

"There has always been grind",
    The grind has been gradually removed over the years - Legion has literally no required grind.

Of course - some people choose to grind, possibly because they enjoy it I suspect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    While we're at it, remove all raid difficulties but Mythic too,
    That makes no sense, the more rational course of action is to remove the least use difficulties first. That's Mythic, then heroic - leaving Normal only.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Deleted
    everything you do on this game is rewarded, the more you play ( the more you grind) in some cases, gives more rewards, this expansion is great. especially with new content coming out so quickly. the grind is there if you want to grind, you dont have to.

Sure thing. Also AP/week caps. Just like in past expansions, grind your week, be done with it. Quests, for leveling and new zones - not to do each day. Reps - rush them if needed for raiding, if not, ignore. Dungeons - gear usually too bad to be considered after you got raid gear (this was amazing).

Raids were the last spot you went and they offered BiS, pretty much no competition. I truly want that back. I cannot give a singular flying F that Average Joe can't raid, they gonna have to do with non-raid gear.

While we're at it, remove all raid difficulties but Mythic too, but make a few starting bosses easier, release 1-2 small 10 man raids that are also somewhat easier as well. Gate all good gear there, and rated PvP, where good rating should equal good gear.

This way we won't have 60 ilvls from Mythic raider to noob, just about 10-30 depending on tier, and it will be enough. And the game won't seem like a second job where the grind never ends and good gear can drop outside raiding. Screw that, make it as it used to be, and yeah, even if 6 mils leave, at least 1 mil will remain and it's more than enough to have fun in an MMO. Would prefer that compared with 10 million pet battlers and casuals trying to convince Blizz to give them raid-equivalent gear from nothing, which is the point we're at now, where luck can give you BiS even if you are the derpiest bad player in all WoW.
    The game isn't a second job, you're just in a shitty guild, lmao.

Sorry, you're in a shitty guild / have no self control.

Quote Originally Posted by Suo View Post
    everything you do on this game is rewarded, the more you play ( the more you grind) in some cases, gives more rewards,
    The cool thing about the AP/AK system is that you are rewarded for not grinding AP ... by just letting it wonder in as you do content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure thing. Also AP/week caps. Just like in past expansions, grind your week, be done with it. Quests, for leveling and new zones - not to do each day. Reps - rush them if needed for raiding, if not, ignore. Dungeons - gear usually too bad to be considered after you got raid gear (this was amazing).

Raids were the last spot you went and they offered BiS, pretty much no competition. I truly want that back. I cannot give a singular flying F that Average Joe can't raid, they gonna have to do with non-raid gear.

While we're at it, remove all raid difficulties but Mythic too, but make a few starting bosses easier, release 1-2 small 10 man raids that are also somewhat easier as well. Gate all good gear there, and rated PvP, where good rating should equal good gear.

This way we won't have 60 ilvls from Mythic raider to noob, just about 10-30 depending on tier, and it will be enough. And the game won't seem like a second job where the grind never ends and good gear can drop outside raiding. Screw that, make it as it used to be, and yeah, even if 6 mils leave, at least 1 mil will remain and it's more than enough to have fun in an MMO. Would prefer that compared with 10 million pet battlers and casuals trying to convince Blizz to give them raid-equivalent gear from nothing, which is the point we're at now, where luck can give you BiS even if you are the derpiest bad player in all WoW.
    and then those who spend weeks and months to get a raid down, will only be like 5% stronger then somone who hasent touched a single raid... super smart idea bro
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Personally for me this is the first expansion where I don't afk in garrison or mainhub. It's fun, I do a bg or a mythic + or w/e. Yes it might be grindy, but that's what you choose yourself to do.
    I don't have the feeling its like a long grind, by the many options I can choose to get AP I still have fun and not a day is the same.

Doing the same quest 5 times a day isn't grinding? It's repetition of the same quest you did since release, it's the definition of grinding. Jesus christ. I get it, you like Legion, but don't let your bias change the fact that Legion is by far the most grindy expansion. If not even more so than Vanilla.

Doing the same quest 5 times a day isn't grinding? It's repetition of the same quest you did since release, it's the definition of grinding. Jesus christ. I get it, you like Legion, but don't let your bias change the fact that Legion is by far the most grindy expansion. If not even more so than Vanilla.
    doing the same quest once a day*

If you want to do the same quest 5 times on 5 chars it's your choice, bruh.

Deleted
    I agree the grind is awful.
    No concrete goal, progress or end point, just do what you feel like. I think they've cut out too many middlepoints this time. You don't even accept or finish quests, just look at your map to find open jobs, go there, do it and stuff appears in your inventory.
    At 3-4th week I ran out of Order Hall resources and couldn't do Artifact Knowledge anymore. I stopped doing Emissary Chests since even they didn't give anything worthwhile.
    I actually went back to doing MoP fishing dailies for Nat Pagle items. Doing that felt more rewarding than actual Legion stuff.

There is one thing that did feel really good. Getting corrupted Ashbringer appearance. I was waiting for the mob few hours and fishing 5h+. The questline itself had clear parts and goal.

Doing the same quest 5 times a day isn't grinding?
    There are hundreds of world quests, I've probably not done any one quest more than 5 or 6 times since launch let alone in the same day.

It is literally the direct opposite of grinding ... you want to see grinding, go and farm Golbin city reps.

To get to > 30000 rep, and you get 5 rep per kill - so you sit there in the pirate area of Tanaris killing mob after mob after mob. I've managed 2000 kills so far and I'm still not even half way.... that is grind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pagepro View Post
    Now Blizzard has forced everyone to play.
    This is gold. I thought the very purpose of a game, is to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by mokapse View Post
    Why do people keep mentioning grind when there is factually none in Legion ?

What are people actually talking about when they misuse the word 'grind' ?

Obviously people are disliking something - and I'm curious to know what it is, given as a matter of fact it isn't grind.

Quote Originally Posted by mokapse View Post
    No concrete goal, progress or end point, just do what you feel like. I think they've cut out too many middlepoints this time. You don't even accept or finish quests, just look at your map to find open jobs, go there, do it and stuff appears in your inventory.
    At 3-4th week I ran out of Order Hall resources and couldn't do Artifact Knowledge anymore. I stopped doing Emissary Chests since even they didn't give anything worthwhile.
    I actually went back to doing MoP fishing dailies for Nat Pagle items. Doing that felt more rewarding than actual Legion stuff.

There is one thing that did feel really good. Getting corrupted Ashbringer appearance. I was waiting for the mob few hours and fishing 5h+. The questline itself had clear parts and goal.
    Chests give 6-700g or 800 resources .. you know the thing you ran out of.

Deleted
    Somebody call a waaambulance

Doing the same quest 5 times a day isn't grinding?
    Why might I ask, are you doing the same quest five times a day? How are you even doing that? The same world quests are not up every day. I can understand you might get tired of it if you're doing world quests on five different alts every day, but if that's the case, then might I suggest not doing that?