Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Rant]Just searched my realm on wowprogress...

I've been thinking too much about WoW lately and got very bored of vanilla problems
    so I've decided to try legion one more time and thankfully still got some time on account + lots of gold (can buy 1-2 months easily)

While downloading the game right now I looked on wowprogress guild status and became somewhat shocked by its state.

http://imgur.com/eBv1Z1m

I was always looking up to raid in Legion but didn't really grew up to raid. Only tried to pug one raid once, we killed 1st boss and that was it.
    So, it seems clear that I need a guild, I've been to one, didn't like it (now its pretty much disbanded with officers and gm raiding in other guilds). Tried a few more and didn't like them too, quit in a few days or gone offline for weeks. 1 is dead, and 1 more is dying.

Now most of the guilds on wowprogress are pretty much dead. Some are disbanded with their officers moving to mythic raiding guilds, some are struggling, and most are pretty much deserted by the time I looked onto this
    this leaves a choice between 3-5 guilds for me and I don't think there's a good chance they let me in (~860 lvl dropout Paladin Tank that started as a Healer), they seek either mythic raiders or have no information about them.

realm is EU Outland, the biggest EU realm, by far, in terms of raw players data. And it always was. But not in Legion.

Is Legion dying? Well, by reading this, you can answer this question.

if you think I'm lying try to search for prot paladin recruitment on my realm with my chara - http://www.wowprogress.com/character...tland/Bubbletp

P.S a side note, about guild recruiting on my server in russian language. There is none. Zero. Back in previous xpacs I could easily get into russian guild. Now there is just none so I need to speak english.
    Last edited by normiegonnanorm; 2016-12-25 at 11:06 PM.
    Unssubed after a few weeks of actual playtime in Legion.

My guild is very active, with guild mates wanting more stuff tanked every night than I can possibly get to. We are adding members every week and have two 20-man raid teams progressing at the same time. I am on a high-pop realm so that makes a difference, but it still feels busy wherever I go.

Remember too that many players are busy during the holidays. Things should pick up with new content being released in January.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Over 100 guilds raiding mythic at various levels of success on Outland EU. Most Russians are in the Russian realms. I see none of the problems you have described apart from... It's already several months in so any good guild have their base roster set. Which means they don't need a tank.

By reading this I can understand that you have 0 understanding of what's happening. You are looking at a subset of a subset of a subset of a subset of playerbase and they don't need you. Is Legion dying? For you maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outland EU is not really the biggest realm EU by far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Outland EU is not really the biggest realm EU by far.
    Yup, it's like 10th, going by max level pop, biggest 2 servers being PVE.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by BaltazarDZ View Post
    Over 100 guilds raiding mythic at various levels of success on Outland EU. Most Russians are in the Russian realms. I see none of the problems you have described apart from... It's already several months in so any good guild have their base roster set. Which means they don't need a tank.

By reading this I can understand that you have 0 understanding of what's happening. You are looking at a subset of a subset of a subset of a subset of playerbase and they don't need you. Is Legion dying? For you maybe.
    All I did before writing this is to look onto all profiles that in need of prot pally. I've looked carefully. Half of these guilds are dead, or dying, the others are looking for mythic raiders.
    With only 2-3 guilds left and they have little to no info or its outdated.
    As I just told in 1st post if you think I'm lying or telling bs try to search for guilds with all of that in mind (people leaving guilds, guilds pug to raid), you will see the same info as I am

Search have been done in english language. There's plenty of others yes but no russians and a little bit of english. I did play in a russian guild on Outland back in day. It was known as THE russian realm in fact.

Screenshot of wowprogress:

these are all guilds. There's no second pages. Figure out how much of them are dead or whatever mentioned above, so there's basically nowhere to go. And if the game is not friendly to add tanks to guilds after 2 months of xpac... Well, you know.
    Last edited by normiegonnanorm; 2016-12-25 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by normiegonnanorm View Post
    Is Legion dying?
    It's hard for something to die that is already dead.

Deleted
    All I did before writing this is to look onto all profiles that in need of prot pally. I've looked carefully. Half of these guilds are dead, or dying, the others are looking for mythic raiders.
    As I just told in 1st post if you think I'm lying or telling bs try to search for guilds with all of that in mind (people leaving guilds, guilds pug to raid), you will see the same info as I am

Search have been done in english language. There's plenty of others yes but no russians and a little bit of english. I did play in a russian guild on Outland back in day. It was known as THE russian realm in fact.

these are all guilds. There's no second pages. Figure out how much of them are dead or whatever mentioned above, so there's basically nowhere to go. And if the game is not friendly to add tanks to guilds after 2 months of xpac... Well, you know.
    It's all about you. There are plenty of guilds on Outland. They just don't need you (a protection paladin). There is MASSIVE difference between you being late to party with doors being locked versus no party happening.

Deleted
    I've been thinking too much about WoW lately and got very bored of vanilla problems
    so I've decided to try legion one more time and thankfully still got some time on account + lots of gold (can buy 1-2 months easily)

While downloading the game right now I looked on wowprogress guild status and became somewhat shocked by its state.

I was always looking up to raid in Legion but didn't really grew up to raid. Only tried to pug one raid once, we killed 1st boss and that was it.
    So, it seems clear that I need a guild, I've been to one, didn't like it (now its pretty much disbanded with officers and gm raiding in other guilds). Tried a few more and didn't like them too, quit in a few days or gone offline for weeks. 1 is dead, and 1 more is dying.

Now most of the guilds on wowprogress are pretty much dead. Some are disbanded with their officers moving to mythic raiding guilds, some are struggling, and most are pretty much deserted by the time I looked onto this
    this leaves a choice between 3-5 guilds for me and I don't think there's a good chance they let me in (~860 lvl dropout Paladin Tank that started as a Healer), they seek either mythic raiders or have no information about them.

realm is EU Outland, the biggest EU realm, by far, in terms of raw players data. And it always was. But not in Legion.

Is Legion dying? Well, by reading this, you can answer this question.

if you think I'm lying try to search for prot paladin recruitment on my realm with my chara - http://www.wowprogress.com/character...tland/Bubbletp

P.S a side note, about guild recruiting on my server in russian language. There is none. Zero. Back in previous xpacs I could easily get into russian guild. Now there is just none so I need to speak english.
    its a trashy pvp based server, and since legion pvp is the worst state by far, ofc the realms gonna be in the dumps.

Go look at silvermoon-eu if you want to raid.

these are all guilds. There's no second pages. Figure out how much of them are dead or whatever mentioned above, so there's basically nowhere to go. And if the game is not friendly to add tanks to guilds after 2 months of xpac...
    A large number of the guilds probably don't update their wowprogress recruitment filters. So only filtering by paladin may well not catch a whole variety of guilds who may just be asking for tanks in general. It could well be worth asking guilds more broadly on your realm if they are interested in recruiting you, even if they don't specifically say they want a paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    It's hard for something to die that is already dead.
    but shitposting is just as common as ever.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Basicly my only option if I want to move off EU Doomhammer hordeside (10x less then your Alliance outland pop), to another PvE server is Draenor (20x bigger then my realm raid wise)

Pure from a population standpoint. Yes theres magtherion and chamber of aspects, but still those are 5x smaller then Draenor. The rest of horde PvE is simply too low to matter much for a transfer.

Still waiting for blizz to merge a ton of those low pop realms or give a round of free xfers. Or add transfer/faction changes for gold.

I don't want to force myself into a PvP realm either.
    Last edited by Teri; 2016-12-25 at 11:28 PM.

Ok, so this far into the new raids any guild that still NEEDS a tank is probably dying. If you're looking to get into raiding this far in you're not going to have a good time as a tank, and especially one with no exp.

Is Legion dying?
    lol. ......

Quote Originally Posted by BaltazarDZ View Post
    It's all about you. There are plenty of guilds on Outland. They just don't need you (a protection paladin). There is MASSIVE difference between you being late to party with doors being locked versus no party happening.
    I'm sorry but this equals to no party for me and other protection paladins, except mythic raiders
    and I don't think re-rolling will 100% help like you imply (or not?). It will require even more time to catch up and who wants to do the same boring quests that pose no danger to player again?
    So the situation will worse itself as the time goes on. If they don't need me, I don't need them, right? And others, too. So, guilds will disband more and more will become cesspools

Without re-rolling or changing realms I don't think it's possible to play the game for me at this state.
    So that's why I created this thread! To rant on the matter and to hear others opinions.

So far I only hear people blaming me for being late to the party
    lol
    You must realize then, that such mentality will kill your own interests.

Should I also mention that players I played with back in wrath and MoP are no longer playing? (or at least I don't know where they are playing if they do). I bet they are having a blast with Legion! xD (No, I think they left long ago).
    Last edited by normiegonnanorm; 2016-12-25 at 11:31 PM.

A healthy guild will probably not need another tank but one that is dying probably will.

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    Go look at silvermoon-eu if you want to raid.
    As a player from Silvermoon-US, Silvermoon-EU makes me bitter and jealous.

Says a lot about the state of the game when there's not a huge demand for massively undergeared tanks with zero experience.

Isnt EU Outland mostly just PvP people? Atleast that was the case when I played a few years ago. If you want to raid as alliance on EU you should look for something like Silvermoon instead.

Yes, Legion is dying because guilds aren't looking for prot palas on WoWProgress.