Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Will Nighthold raid require the Suramar story quests completed?

If it does it will be awful! I've done 2/11 and I am 877.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It should, but likely it won't. They would warn us if there was any kind of raid attunement.

No...10chars
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

I don't think it will, its quite a lot of work to get all these quests done.

no ofcourse not you fucking moron. people like you should be banned from making threads here.

i embrace my infraction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Should it? Yes, most definitely.
    Will it? Probably not, since there would be the same crybabies like for the 2 dungeons saying how they are not rep gated but time gated because you can't grind up the rep in a day or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Should it? Yes, most definitely.
    Will it? Probably not, since there would be the same crybabies like for the 2 dungeons saying how they are not rep gated but time gated because you can't grind up the rep in a day or 2.
    Why should it? 2 dungeons were fine. 3 if you count Kara. I see no point in attunement to raids anymore unless it's a short ass quest like Molten Core.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It should, but likely it won't. They would warn us if there was any kind of raid attunement.
    This. Like with Kara, they'd give advance warning. However, if you've kept up with the Nightfallen storyline before doing Nighthold, you get a quest to kill Gul'dan that rewards the Nightfallen-inspired Nightsaber mount datamined a while ago.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

If your only 2/11 and have been keeping up with AK, you should be at around 22-23 AKL - Which means the last 9 chapters + Insurrection would net you a truly insane amount of AP... I would wait til AK 25 and then spend a day blazing through them, just for the AP tokens ;-)

7+ Year Old Account
    As some have said before, it does feel like it should require the story quest. it sets the scene up very well and it makes you connect with the Nightborne/makes you hate Elisandre.

But since the quests are behind nightfallen rep and a time barrier, it will with nearly 100% certainty not be required. It would be way too hard for a new character to get into Nighthold, if they started on the day of its opening. Blizzard have also kind of promised with the retaking of CoS and Arcway attunement, that they won't put up barriers for people to do content.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djambalaz View Post
    Nope, it shouldn't be needed. Unless you want the mount.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The "extra" story does require nighthold for the Saber Mount. but gotta finish main story first.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    no ofcourse not you fucking moron. people like you should be banned from making threads here.

i embrace my infraction.
    I am quoting here.

people like you should be banned

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by djambalaz View Post
    It won't. Calm down.

Highly unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know, you unlock the Nighthold raid by finishing the quest line post-exalted. On my Paladin, I've unlocked the gate this week, even though it states that the Nighthold is not open yet.

My guess is that you'll only need to complete it once, then unlock it on all characters.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    As far as I know, you unlock the Nighthold raid by finishing the quest line post-exalted. On my Paladin, I've unlocked the gate this week, even though it states that the Nighthold is not open yet.

My guess is that you'll only need to complete it once, then unlock it on all characters.
    Wrong, there is no attunement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Wrong, there is no attunement.
    Interesting, can you provide a link to confirm or infirm this?
    Google Diversity Memo

[...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    Interesting, can you provide a link to confirm or infirm this?
    I don't recall seeing Blizzard comment one way or the other regarding an attunement for Nighthold. That being said, if there was going to be an attunement required to enter the raid, Blizzard would have stated that a long time ago. Especially considering how long the entire Suramar quest chain takes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Your replies are the equivalent of a dog that farts then looks at the people in the room like they did something wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShuaVerde View Post
    I don't recall seeing Blizzard comment one way or the other regarding an attunement for Nighthold. That being said, if there was going to be an attunement required to enter the raid, Blizzard would have stated that a long time ago. Especially considering how long the entire Suramar quest chain takes.
    It's true that the two locked dungeons were announced as so a long time ago. It would be surprising if there was a hidden attunement for it. I think some clarity is needed from Blizzard on that.
    Google Diversity Memo