Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

If all similar realms merged do you think it would be healthy for social aspect, game

Do you guys think it would be healthy for the social aspect of the game if all the similar servers merged together and there were only 4 servers.

PVP
    PVE
    RPPvP
    RPPvE

I guess it might be a bit of an over kill but it would be interesting to see how things would be if there were mega servers.
    Last edited by ponies; 2016-12-27 at 01:36 AM.

WoW doesn't need megaserver tech.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ponies View Post
    Do you guys think it would be healthy for the social aspect of the game if all the similar servers merged together and there were only 3 servers.

PVP
    PVE
    RPPvP

I guess it might be a bit of an over kill but it would be interesting to see how things would be if there were mega servers.
    There would be 4 types, not 3. You forgot the RP realms that are not PvP.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yes it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    There would be 4 types, not 3. You forgot the RP realms that are not PvP.
    TYVM, i fixed it now

I don't think there needs to be 4 servers only but I think they should cut the number down to maybe 15 or 20 servers.

Megaservers are the norm now for other games, so I don't see it being much of an issue. Personally, i like smaller servers.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What it does need though is to stop dismounting me at random when I enter a new zone/server, get dismounted and fall to my death in a mountain range which has no way of resurrecting without taking sickness.

A two minute flight to Firelands from Orgrimmar can turn in to 20 minutes of hope, frustration, and acceptance.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereaperszone View Post
    Yes it does.
    No it really doesn't. What it needs to do is merge all dead realms with a few players left into the larger ones with their connected realm system. They are a long way off of Megaserver tech.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    What it does need though is to stop dismounting me at random when I enter a new zone/server, get dismounted and fall to my death in a mountain range which has no way of resurrecting without taking sickness.

A two minute flight to Firelands from Orgrimmar can turn in to 20 minutes of hope, frustration, and acceptance.
    Yeah I noticed that early on in Legion in older zones.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it does.
    No it doesn't. In fact, they need to not shard as many players into the major cities like OrgriLAG or DaLAGran due to the fact that it causes a huge lag fest and has only been really bad since LAGion came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post

happened to me 6 times this week

Deleted
    Wait what? No pve RP server? Why? There is a lot of people who writes and plays pve campaigns who don't want to be camped by bored enemy faction players. In fact the most lively RP servers are the pve ones by large.

You could not even think about that... pleasse give your ideas and texts a second review before posting.

Edit: ok has been edited while I was writing my whine.

No it really doesn't. What it needs to do is merge all dead realms with a few players left into the larger ones with their connected realm system. They are a long way off of Megaserver tech.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I noticed that early on in Legion in older zones.
    We all ready have the tech for it others games have it as well.

We all ready have the tech for it others games have it as well.
    And do other games have millions of players? There is a reason they have it. Guild Wars 2 and ESO have it because they really need it. WoW is a long way off and millions of subs from needing any form of Megaserver.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    No it doesn't. In fact, they need to not shard as many players into the major cities like OrgriLAG or DaLAGran due to the fact that it causes a huge lag fest and has only been really bad since LAGion came out.
    Just because you lag doesnt mean others do and they can drop the number in major citys as they do now.

Just because you lag doesnt mean others do and they can drop the number in major citys as they do now.
    Actually a lot of people a week after Legion were reporting lag which was tied to how CRZ was working and the sharding tech.

Quote Originally Posted by ponies View Post
    Do you guys think it would be healthy for the social aspect of the game if all the similar servers merged together and there were only 4 servers.

PVP
    PVE
    RPPvP
    RPPvE

There is no social aspect, there never was.
    When offered to chance to avoid contact people do so.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

And do other games have millions of players? There is a reason they have it. Guild Wars 2 and ESO have it because they really need it. WoW is a long way off and millions of subs from needing any form of Megaserver.
    The number is irrelevant you think people would be just on 1 server but it would be as it is right now. Think of it as every thing is connected with a bunch of clusters hell i can stand next to a guildie and not see them tell we group

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually a lot of people a week after Legion were reporting lag which was tied to how CRZ was working and the sharding tech.
    And the long ass loading screens are part of that tech and is a form of lag.

and they fixed it