Wacraft Books - Which?

Not sure if this is the right part of the forum for this but heyho. Have only just watched the film and really enjoyed it, was a lot better than I thought it would be, sucks it didn't get as much as they hoped. However, I'm really kean on reading the books now... Only issue is I have no idea what they're called and what order they come in.

Looking mostly for the novels I suppose, does anyone have a list of the order they come in and their names? Preferably also which ones I should read I did see a few lists but there were 12 or so books named, have they written that many?!?

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: war of the ancients is on Amazon for £50 per... Is this normal???

Check all available novels here:
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Novels

The order they are listed there is basically their publishing and timeline order as well. Note that they are of course about the in-game universe, not the movie universe. Only the Durotan novel is directly related to the movie.

Movie and the game are using a different storyline. Most of the novels aren't following the movie's canon, the only 2 that are related to the movie are the Durotan novel and the Warcraft Movie Novel.
    If you're still interested in the rest of story outside of the movie, you can find the list of them all on http://wow.gamepedia.com/Novels

P.S Game canon is better than the movie one so if you enjoyed the movie, you'll enjoy the rest of it more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't really matter, pretty much everyone except the shitty Knack ones have been rectoned.

Fair enough. I've found this list... Is there much in the list NOT worth reading? I'll pass on war of ancients as can't find it anywhere...

The War of the Ancients Trilogy (The Well of Eternity, Demon Soul, and The Sundering)
    Rise of the Horde
    The Last Guardian
    Tides of Darkness
    Beyond the Dark Portal
    Day of the Dragon
    Lord of the Clans
    Of Blood and Honor
    Arthas: Rise of the Lich King
    Cycle of Hatred
    Night of the Dragon
    Stormrage
    The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm
    Wolfheart
    Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects
    Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War.
    Dawn of the aspects
    Voljin: shadow of the horde
    War crimes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mythboy View Post
    Doesn't really matter, pretty much everyone except the shitty Knack ones have been rectoned.
    Not really, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Fair enough. I've found this list... Is there much in the list NOT worth reading? I'll pass on war of ancients as can't find it anywhere...

The War of the Ancients Trilogy (The Well of Eternity, Demon Soul, and The Sundering)
    Rise of the Horde
    The Last Guardian
    Tides of Darkness
    Beyond the Dark Portal
    Day of the Dragon
    Lord of the Clans
    Of Blood and Honor
    Arthas: Rise of the Lich King
    Cycle of Hatred
    Night of the Dragon
    Stormrage
    The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm
    Wolfheart
    Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects
    Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War.
    Dawn of the aspects
    Voljin: shadow of the horde
    War crimes
    The War of the Ancients Trilogy is the one you DONT want to pass on and quite honestly the first that needs to be read as it explains how all this shit with the Legion is the way it is, including how they found out Orcs were even a thing and why they sought them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    The War of the Ancients Trilogy is the one you DONT want to pass on and quite honestly the first that needs to be read as it explains how all this shit with the Legion is the way it is, including how they found out Orcs were even a thing and why they sought them out.
    I'll try and find it then but I'm not paying 50 quid a book to read it... So in that list is everything required to read or can i skip some? Just curious as trying to find them all now and not all of them are available to buy, can't find day of the dragons or tides of darkness for example.

The problem is of course that War of the Ancients is quite old by now (first one from 2004), so its likely out of stock and any remnants are super expensive.

Yeah I'm seeing that.. so far any book I can't find on paperback, I can find on ebook, so that's ok. War of the ancients is the only one. So I'm going to order all the paperbacks that are available, just again quickly, I need to read them all right? Or are there certain ones I can skip passed?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe no one has shown, what I believe to be, the ultimate guide. It is in the lore section.

Warcraft Literature Chronology (Updated for Legion)
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I can't believe no one has shown, what I believe to be, the ultimate guide. It is in the lore section.

Warcraft Literature Chronology (Updated for Legion)
    You are my hero, thank you very much!

- - - Updated - - -

I've found war of the ancients ebooks so will begin reading them until my paperbacks arrive!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    You are my hero, thank you very much!

- - - Updated - - -

I've found war of the ancients ebooks so will begin reading them until my paperbacks arrive!
    Well, I didn't make the lovely list, but thank you anyways! ^^
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..