Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Solution to the "iLvl hype" in LFG system is this(?)

Since the game nowdays circles around Mythic+ content to some extent - Replace the Min. Ilvl requirement field with Keystone level mad in time.

in the list, you will see applicants number for their current character they are applying with.

Izi. really. I fail to find any kind of cons with this system, so feel free to smash it.

you can buy a +10 carry on a character that's 820 ilvl and you'd appear in que identical to people that are 880

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stimpo View Post
    you can buy a +10 carry on a character that's 820 ilvl and you'd appear in que identical to people that are 880

Critical system failure found in the first post.

@Nikkej:

This wouldn't fix anything... it would just make group forming take even longer... Now, as a group leader, instead of just being able to see Ilvl in the group finder, I now have to armory them before I invite, or invite and inspect (at which point if they don't meet my requirements I will kick them)...

Unless you plan to also remove the inspect and armory features, in which case, please leave.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-12-31 at 07:44 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Considering how well +12 and +15 boosts sell Id say its a bad idea.
    Any serious group will check wowprogress before inviting anyone anyway. Like if I make a m+ boost group today, I wont take a dps thats done less than 200 m+ on time.

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Considering how well +12 and +15 boosts sell Id say its a bad idea.
    Any serious group will check wowprogress before inviting anyone anyway. Like if I make a m+ boost group today, I wont take a dps thats done less than 200 m+ on time.
    I dont really understand why these people buy runs just so they can get in high grps? Wouldnt they get caught out straight up when the run starts? Wouldnt they save money just using a fake achievement generator?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkej View Post
    Since the game nowdays circles around Mythic+ content to some extent - Replace the Min. Ilvl requirement field with Keystone level mad in time.

in the list, you will see applicants number for their current character they are applying with.

Izi. really. I fail to find any kind of cons with this system, so feel free to smash it.
    There would be a few flaws in that ideas, one would be that you can purchase your way to a successful keystone. Another would be, then people would just start limiting people to how many clean clears and it'll start over like ilvl.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    I dont really understand why these people buy runs just so they can get in high grps? Wouldnt they get caught out straight up when the run starts? Wouldnt they save money just using a fake achievement generator?
    When i play a new character, i let friends boost him to mythic 12 within the first week for the mythic 12 chest. Im neither paying money - or doing it to get into groups.
    Getting boosted is free, and skips through farming heroics / low level mythics quite easily.

Nah, ilvl requirement is fine. ilvl does not directly correlate to skill, but it's the fastest and most effective way of doing so. Majority of people do not want to go over the logs of everyone that applies just to convenience them. If you can't get into a group because you lack ilvl, maybe you should form your own group. Why should someone with a +9 invite a lower geared random when they can invite someone with higher gear? Have you tried linking keystone conq/master? What about cutting edge? The system shouldn't change because you have issues getting into groups when you're fully able to form your own group and set whatever requirements you want.

Deleted
    Thats the worst Idea I have ever heared. Then people will just buy Boosts. Average Itemlevel at least gives you a rough Idea on what a Class should be able to do.

That the whole Endgame is centered around a stupid Number is completely retarded and I hope they would remove it. Itemlevel was introduced so Casualscrubs don't wear fucking Strenght-Cloth anymore but it has gone too far.

In general the reason I don't like the Game is this whole Groupfinder/Crossrealm thing. Open Group: Invite Players that have the highest numbers and never talk to them ever again after its done... and thats what the call a MMO. Pathetic!

Deleted
    There's a very simple solution. TALK TO PEOPLE. Somebody did a good job? Talk to him, befriend him, invite him for a later run.

People always complain that "there's no community anymore". Well, a community starts with yourself.

You need to figure this one out. Say they do exactly what you want OP. Then when everyone gets to the enterance or is summoning and people pop up this is what will happen. You will be inspected. You will be kicked then. So what has been accomplished? You made it into a group. Congrats. But you were instantly kicked when people saw you were low geared. IT WILL HAPPEN NO MATTER THE SYSTEM. It is only a matter of when man. Might as well be up front so it doesn't waste anyones time on BOTH ends of the situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shapookya View Post
    There's a very simple solution. TALK TO PEOPLE. Somebody did a good job? Talk to him, befriend him, invite him for a later run.

People always complain that "there's no community anymore". Well, a community starts with yourself.
    Exactly. However for the the last couple of years the "community" have went more towards "..i just buy runs, so I don't have to put in a effort myself.." - people have become like spoiled kids that ONLY want to get carried through all content and not put in a effort. People have become whinie...
    Personally I think it is a shame, but I have come to a point where I don't care about whining. I just completely ignore it, as for 99% its because people are lazy. Sure there might be a few situations where I see and understand the "issue" , but for most people its nothing but a mental/ social issue problem.

ilvl doesn't tell that much since secondary optimisation is so important, you could increase your character by 10 ilvl and lose 10% dps from less optimised stats, but the ilvl requirements will always take the higher ilvl char despite this. I have 890 in bags on my Warrior and my best equipped set is 879 by a large margin.

But it's true at 879 I'm considered low ilvl at this point and a lot of pug groups would decline, of course a well optimised 889 will do considerably more dps, but the higher the ilvl the less likely you're to find perfect optimisation of secondaries and due to the common practice of ilvl above all you tend to see a metric tonne of players going ilvl at the expense of optimisation even if it lowers their dps, because it makes them look more attractive on the LFG.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    ilvl doesn't tell that much since secondary optimisation is so important, you could increase your character by 10 ilvl and lose 10% dps from less optimised stats, but the ilvl requirements will always take the higher ilvl char despite this. I have 890 in bags on my Warrior and my best equipped set is 879 by a large margin.

But it's true at 879 I'm considered low ilvl at this point and a lot of pug groups would decline, of course a well optimised 889 will do considerably more dps, but the higher the ilvl the less likely you're to find perfect optimisation of secondaries and due to the common practice of ilvl above all you tend to see a metric tonne of players going ilvl at the expense of optimisation even if it lowers their dps, because it makes them look more attractive on the LFG.
    Don't worry they see your 890 ilvl when you apply to random pug groups they have no idea you're actually 879 until they manually inspect you with some addon like oIlvl or exorsus raid tools /pawn to get an average ilvl summary. I invited some guy that was 890 DK for +11 Eye of azshara and he was actually 877 equipped I saw with my addon I didn't say anything or really care its w.e I figure if the kid spent that many hours to get 890 ilvl hes gotta be semi decent.

It really just sounds like everyone in this thread needs to join a real guild. Literally none of this cancerous stuff actually exists in a REAL guild. Not a cesspool one or a trade chat one, a real guild. You just log on and do whatever M+ people are doing, no questions, payments, hatred, fake achieves, or bullshit involved.

Err half of my chars that don't even scratch 850+ ilvl have m+10 clear in time simply because they were boosted. It means even less than iLvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    You need to figure this one out. Say they do exactly what you want OP. Then when everyone gets to the enterance or is summoning and people pop up this is what will happen. You will be inspected. You will be kicked then. So what has been accomplished? You made it into a group. Congrats. But you were instantly kicked when people saw you were low geared. IT WILL HAPPEN NO MATTER THE SYSTEM. It is only a matter of when man. Might as well be up front so it doesn't waste anyones time on BOTH ends of the situation.
    You don't even need to get that far. Personally, I look at someone's health to determine if they're competent. Higher ilvl means more stamina on gear (since it's the only stat that's ever present apart from trinkets and it keeps raising with ilvl), so if someone joins my party and has, say, 1.98 M health, and I know that a good geared hunter has 2.50M, I know there's something fishy.
    I dunno if others do it this way, or if it would be considered "superficial".

Deleted
    This has been discussed many times before and has never been implemented or will ever be implemented. The biggest reason is because there is no problem to fix. Players choose who they bring on their run and currently itemlevel is the metric to evaluate them. Let's say we swap to your suggestion and now people are queuing (+3 Maw of Souls, need to have +18 completed in time). How is that in any form different apart from adding extra layer of complexity?

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    It really just sounds like everyone in this thread needs to join a real guild. Literally none of this cancerous stuff actually exists in a REAL guild. Not a cesspool one or a trade chat one, a real guild. You just log on and do whatever M+ people are doing, no questions, payments, hatred, fake achieves, or bullshit involved.
    That is exactly what I do and I only run a couple a week at this point, but a few guys in my guild are pretty hardcore with the Mythic + farming and so they pug a lot. A lot of "real guilds" are build on the groundwork of raiding, so at this point most people are spending a lot of time not playing the game and only running a couple Mythic + per week. Pugging will happen regardless of your guild unless you have a guild full of hardcore Mythic + farmers.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    You don't even need to get that far. Personally, I look at someone's health to determine if they're competent. Higher ilvl means more stamina on gear (since it's the only stat that's ever present apart from trinkets and it keeps raising with ilvl), so if someone joins my party and has, say, 1.98 M health, and I know that a good geared hunter has 2.50M, I know there's something fishy.
    I dunno if others do it this way, or if it would be considered "superficial".
    You are exactly right. I mean I know a few factors can play into a "marginal" lowering of health like using the correct rings and such that can be VERY low item level but still be the VERY correct choice. But it isn't going to as you said 1.9 million compared to a 2.5 million pool difference.

It is impossible to prevent the screening. I understand that it can be frustrating to get rejected right? I know on my main I can get into next to anything on the planet at 880+ for 3 specs (tank, heals, dps -- holy shit everything) but on my alts I have to accept I am going to be denied to a few groups before I get in sitting at 852ish for a single spec (dps). Or make my own groups.

But the thing I am noticing is lower geared people are just simply wanting to skip steps in the gearing process. Like they don't want to do reggie mythic for a weekend before stepping up to mythic+. Then when they do step up into mythic plus they expect to step into +9 at 845 in a pug environment and not get rejected. Simply not logical at all you know. That is the type of thing you do with your friends and guild. Not in a pug. Yeah you might get lucky and get brought along once in a while but to simply expect it to be is a fantasy.

Here is the real beef a lot of these folks need to realize. It is a WHOLE lot easier to get rejected in some menu than it will be once you are in a group. Once you land in a party people can say or do anything to you instead of just seeing "denied" text. You are open to anything. It WILL BE WORSE. I mean at best you join, they see your health pool or inspect you and you just are kicked instantly without anything. At worse they summon you out there, make fun of you, and then kick you out when you are sitting next to the instance portal without a group or anything to do besides burning a hearth CD.