Thread: Ninja-pulling.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    Regardless, it's NOT YOUR JOB. If you want to control the tempo, then roll a tank. Never presume that you know how a player is going to react in situations. Your "teaching" him often results in an excess of mobs that are either extremely dangerous or casters that can't be controlled. When the whole group dies, or even one person, what have you taught? That your a selfish person who needs a vote kick.
    Except:
    A) I main a warrior tank.
    B) That never happened tho, because i pull what i know that can be pulled, and chat if something extra is needed (ie hiding behind a wall to los).

Quote Originally Posted by Yipikayey View Post
    Except:
    A) I main a warrior tank.
    B) That never happened tho, because i pull what i know that can be pulled, and chat if something extra is needed (ie hiding behind a wall to los).
    And? How is this remotely relevant?

It hasn't really been a big issue for me in my time as a tank since I've always pulled at a reasonable pace. Whenever a ninja pull would happened I usually let the DPS die, but I eventually dropped that attitude when I figured it only wasted people's time.
    (I was never above letting the mobs pummel the ninja puller for a moment before grabbing aggro, though)

These days I don't really mind if someone does it, it usually just means they want me to pull a little faster. I experience more accidental pulls than ninja pulls, though.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2016-12-29 at 07:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    And? How is this remotely relevant?
    Can't figure it out by yourself ?

You tell me to roll a tank, i answer that i main one.
    You tell me that i provoke wipes, and i tell you that's untrue.

Are you really this slow when tanking aswell ?
    Last edited by mmocc9cfd5da3c; 2016-12-29 at 07:44 PM.

Can't figure it out by yourself ?

You tell me to roll a tank, i answer that i main one.
    You tell me that i provoke wipes, and i tell you that's untrue.

Are you really this slow when tanking aswell ?
    I'm slow lol? You said as you were dps you think it's ok to pull faster for a tank. How is that you being a tank? Idgaf what you main. Once again in that dungeon in that case, what you main is extremely irrelevant much like every point you have made.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Honestly the rate at which any group should pull is entirely dependent on the gear/ability of the tank and healer. DPS can be shit and the tank can still pull shit, and the DPS could me amazing but the tank can't survive long enough for everything to get nuked.
    So much this. I both heal and tank on my pally and I've just started to get into M+. Let me tell you, I've seen some piss poor DPS that think they can do whatever they want. I'm talking 840 DPS that are raging if you don't pull enough as the tank or say hey, give me 5 seconds to drink up because I'm going OOM while trying to heal you idiots and the tank because you feel you can stand in teh bad.

DPS...For the love of all that is holy, let your tank and healer work out how fast to pull based on their synergy.

BTW, Normal, heroic and even mythic 0 I'm dragging everyone through kicking and screaming so please just try and keep up with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let me preface this post by saying I do all 3 roles, since apparently that matters to some people

If I (as an example) is pulling for you, you're not pulling fast enough. You should be pulling the a 5 man as safe as possible but as if you're going for gold Cmode times (yes I`m old school).
    The onus is on the player regardless of roll. When i am tanking and a DPS started pulling (and surviving for arguments sake,) for me there are two options right? Either I start tanking better, or I should leave the group because clearly I'm not at the right skill level to tank for the group I'm in.

Tanks shouldn't get mad at dps pulling (within reason) especially when I tell them they can go faster, they should see it as a hint to improve.

"I'm the ruler of the 5man I'm in..." It is not the tanks job to "set the pace of the run" as so many people keep bringing up.

My motto for the game is "efficiency = fun". If I'm not doing something as efficiently as possible I'm just wasting my time, like how a tank pulling slowly wastes the time of the 4 other people in the group. I'm not in the group to make sure that the 4 other people have the best experience of their lives or so the tank can hold hands with this buddy and explain mechanics (there is a dungeon journal for that). Like I said earlier, I want to get my shit and get out in the most efficient manner possible. If that sounds dickish to you that's all well and good. But I'm in the game to have fun, not cater to other peoples idea of it.

This is why I don't pug anymore. Pugs are too slow, I don't care how "good" you think you are, you're too slow.
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2016-12-29 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iAardvark View Post
    Hello there!

I was wondering how you guys feel about ninja-pulling?
    I'd like some viewpoints from both sides, meaning DPS and my fellow tanks.

Personally I get frustrated whenever someone pulls before I'm ready to engage. Sometimes they pull larger packs than I know I can handle, get themselves killed and blames me for it.

How do you deal with it?

Best regards,

iAardvark
    I don't like it because I don't get a prepot in.

No, i am not talking about preferences, it is you the one who is doing. If the tank can't measure his group, guidance can be shown by the rest of the group.

What you are speaking about is about the tank being the one who sets the tempo out of his own preference rather than content/group he is playing with, which is completely selfish, not to speak that self absorbed.

And about the last paragraphs, you seem to think i am a dick who is always pulling ahead withouth thinking. If he isn't taking a pull which should go with another, i will pull it, either he will get pissed, or he will understand and use it to learn what to pull with subsequent groups. If people can't learn in-game because they lack the ability to adapt whatsoever is a complete different subject to how disrespectful ninja pulling is. The problem is that people tend to confuse both, and bad tanks which feel uncomfortable due to their inability to juggle around different people pulling on completely trash content, tend to be annoyed rather than attempt to get better.
    It is still you overstepping.
    If you aren't tanking, don't try to take over their role without a good reason.
    That is selfish, plain and simple.
    That is your preference being forced on them.
    They aren't given the choice, it is one that YOU are making.

The "group" you speak of does include the tank, so you can't claim that you representing the group when you exclude them from that.

A player not allowed to do their job won't get any better.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing in the tank role description that says only they can pull. It's the tank's job to tank. There are lots of situations where a dps or ranged player are better at pulling if they know what they're doing.

when im on my tank i adjust it to the gear and skill of my healer, i do like 3-4 packs at 1st and if he cant handle it i slow down if they can i keep going, on my dps i go at the pace of the tank if its to low i ask for ti to be spead up.

even thio im doing mass pulls on my bear there is the odd dps that thinks i should pull more and dose so anyway.

there are some poitns that i wana do carefully like the trash between the 2nd and 3rd boss in mos as i usually get grps that suck on interupting

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    There is nothing in the tank role description that says only they can pull. It's the tank's job to tank. There are lots of situations where a dps or ranged player are better at pulling if they know what they're doing.
    thats a if and a big if for 90% of ranged dps u meat in ur random hc and mythic grps

Quote Originally Posted by jessegreathouse View Post
    With the way you're talking it sounds like this happens to you quite a bit.
    No, not at all.

I usually level with a mate and do dungeons with that same person when levelling.

I only run heroics/mythics with at least 1 guildie.

Usually im the only fucker who speaks in chat too. 2/3 people don't even say hello :-/ dungeons with randoms are FUN! -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Thanks for making the point. -*IF*- is the key word there. 9 out of 10 dont know what they are doing, dont care if they f*ck up nd are looking to just blaze away and let the tank pick up the mess.
    And shepherds we shall be...