Thread: Ninja-pulling.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't call it ninja-pulling. Call it what it is -- rage-pulling.

You rage-pull, you tank it.

If you don't have patience, don't pug.

I feel sorry for all the poor Alliance players that have to deal with NE shitters who can just rage-pull and racial if they're having their period.

Although, at the same time, I'm jealous that NE tanks can just racial and let rage-pullers die all the easier.

Neural Silencer is one of the best things added to the game.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    this is not a option, read what you quote

i mentioned quite a lot of people here a entitled people who say: I determine the pace of the dungeon, regardless how fucking slow or dumb it is or not, because im a shiny tank. This means people like this are in some dreamland where the whole group is setback because the one entitled tank is well...entitled.

Were not talking about some tank doing a mhytic dungeon in quest greens. Most of the tanks, as in dps and healer, over gear the content by a large ammount because how gear is handeld this days. Its not a matter what a tank can handle, its a matter of someone is too stuborn to press one key to do a aoe Aggro dmg attack. No skill in that. Read the many responsens ONLY on this page

"if dps pull i wait so they can die because im tank" doesnt sounds to me its a problem about skill

Sry but the days of tankcraft a over, time to get over it
    again talk to the tank or run ahead and die if I or many other tanks are in your group,,, idc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Your job is just to tank. Nowhere does it say u decide how many to pull or what pace to pull.

- - - Updated - - -

Its boring for everyone and time wasting for all 4 people involved.

tank's job is get aggro and control the mobs, other people pulling can interfere with that job or even cause the tank to fail at it.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Pretty much what i do to when the tank is slow as hell and i am on my Fury Spec, i dont vote kick them, i just check if the healer has the gear and simply ignore the tank exists and cleave everything down with the healer, kinda helps running around in 4mil HP in daily HC

Only had 2 tanks complaining so far in Legion with that, both obviously players that dont understand math or something to figure out why they are not needed in a group where the 3 DPS combined pull 1.5-2mil DPS, or when the paladin healer has more HP than the tank cause of overgearing.
    Why queue as dps when you find a tank irrelevant? :/ A slow tank is not that suprising, not everyone knows what they need to do the 1st time they enter.

But yeah, solo mmorpg players don't care about anything else then 'me' and 'I'.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Your job is just to tank. Nowhere does it say u decide how many to pull or what pace to pull.
    Aside from that actually being one of the core elements of tanking, sure.

These threads, and predictable throngs of entitled dps folks that fill them, are always amusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanking in random groups, I don't mind people pulling mobs to me, as long as you're not killing the group. If you're putting too much pressure on me and/or the healer, I'm gonna ask you to slow down. If you don't, then either you're getting kicked, or I'm leaving. I have zero interest in playing with people who treat group content as a single-player game. You're in a group, the groups success is your success, so think of the group.

In organized, end-game content? Unless a tank specifically asks you to pull, you don't fucking pull.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by smaktat View Post
    By being reasonable with myself and others. Aka adjusting my pulling to the ability of the group. Simple as that. Don't be the douchebag tank who pulls 1 mob when the DPS are 400k+. Don't be the douchebag DPS who's pulling mobs when the tank is dying or the healer is going OOM. Don't be the douchebag healer complaining about the group's fast pulling when your heals don't matter to the 890 tank.
    Honestly the rate at which any group should pull is entirely dependent on the gear/ability of the tank and healer. DPS can be shit and the tank can still pull shit, and the DPS could me amazing but the tank can't survive long enough for everything to get nuked.

I would just stop healing the person doing the pulling if it was annoying me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played DPS and Tanks throughout my 5 year-long wow career, including both in Legion, so I've got a bit of an informed opinion on this matter.

To me, intentionally ninja-pulling is extremely rude. One of the rudest things a DPS can do in a dungeon, now that all dungeon loot is personal. If a tank is going slower than you'd like, stop and consider why. Maybe they just capped an alt and are still a little undergeared. Or maybe this is their first time tanking. Or maybe, if the tank stops, maybe something happened IRL that made them step away for a moment. Yes, in Legion, it is possible for the DPS to just blow your normal heroic dungeon trash up without a tank. It's also possible in today's society to stare at your phone the entire time on a date. That doesn't mean that it's good etiquette. Five extra minutes of your time is not worth potentially ruining someone's very first attempt at tanking.

Accidental ninja-pulls happen. That's fine, so long as the person does their part in helping to clean up the mess. I hate hunters that accidentally barrage-pull and then feign death. The best thing to do in that situation is to misdirect the tank and multishot / sidewinders everything. Rogues can do the same with tricks of the trade. Everyone else should run right to the tank so that they can more easily gather them up.

The "You pull you tank" mentality is just as toxic. As a tank, your job is to hold aggro and keep the mobs from pummeling your group, regardless of what your group is doing. It's kind of like if you're at work mopping the floor and a coworker runs past and leaves mud on the floor. Yes, they're being a bit of an asshat, but you still have to do your job.
    Last edited by The Firestar; 2016-12-28 at 04:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Disclaimer: *Soon* is a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment. *Soon* may not actually occur soon. *Soon* will occur sometime between right now and the heat death of the universe...probably... We COULD make *Soon* occur sooner, but it would cost you a raid tier.

Does this still happen in 2016? Very rarely have I ever been in a dungeon where some one other than the tank pulls something other than a hunter with barrage.
    If some one IS, you are probably a bad tank, tbh.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    let me shorten that for you. tank makes the pulls to his or her comfort level or desired pace.

PERIOD
    k .

Don't pull if you are not the tank. Always let the idiots die.

The only time i dont like ninja pulls is in m+ when i have a pull pattern when tanking and someone starts pulling shit and we get over the mob limit because of it. that is just plain anoying. Especially when its necrotic and tanks have to wait untill their stacks are gone

though i dont have alot of problem with this cause i more often pull to much than getting ninja pullers.
    Last edited by Lappfan; 2016-12-28 at 04:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Does this still happen in 2016? Very rarely have I ever been in a dungeon where some one other than the tank pulls something other than a hunter with barrage.
    If some one IS, you are probably a bad tank, tbh.
    It mostly happens in the lower-level dungeons (pre-cata mostly). In the Legion dungeons most people seem comfortable adjusting to the tank's pace. There will always be that one guy though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Disclaimer: *Soon* is a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment. *Soon* may not actually occur soon. *Soon* will occur sometime between right now and the heat death of the universe...probably... We COULD make *Soon* occur sooner, but it would cost you a raid tier.

Ninja pulling?, thats a good one, not many people know what this refers to anymore, but it most definitely isnt pulling mobs waiting for the tank.

Anyway, if a DPS has time to loot then pull the next pack, the tank isnt going fast enough.

Only autistic people regress into their 'if they wont do the bare minimum of their role description, I will'
    Then you get Tanks refusing to taunt? and generate threat on mobs that were specifically pulled by the DPS.
    Then you get healers that wont heal anyone but the tank because.. nobody else takes damage right?

Tanks arent super replaceable mid-dungeon/raid, its why the autistic ones have been able to fly under the radar for so long.

Most tanks need to get good.

If you pull it you tank it.

Don't like the pace I or other tanks are going at find another group or another tank. Que times is near instant for tanks so finding a group isn't hard.

You don't backseat game for me, I will tank at a comfort level I feel good with.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-12-28 at 04:14 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Actually theres not much to say about it.
    We're very good players beating lvl 15 and stuff and sometimes even we met those guys.
    Idiots will be idiots

When a dps pulls i let them die or vote kick or leave if it annoys me too much.
    Depends on my mood and stuff

Usually it slows the run down, as those dps dont do it just with a slow tank, they do it with every tank.
    In m+ they usually pull stuff you didnt even want to, so yeah if that happens i get angry =)

When the tank waits 5 sec, maybe hes just waiting for his pot CD or another important AOE Threat CD
    Yes, the tank is the Leader !

As a dps i just tag along and kill the stuff the tank pulls,
    i trust the tank knows what he's doing, he's doing his job i'm doing mine: Killing

That 1 or 2 Chest run isnt going to magically turn into a 3 chest run just cuz youre ninja pulling all over the place

Some tanks like Warriors also have very bad threat if stuff is spread out all over the place,
    he doesnt event have a chance to get agro back

My favourite groups as a tank are the obedient ones that support me (Interrupt / LoS / Stun / Grip)
    then its a sure 3 chest if the dps is good enough
    Last edited by GnomeEU; 2016-12-28 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I am just not bad at the game i play for 12 years, sorry.
    A lot of people are bad at things they've been doing their whole life. But I agree with your post most of the time its just bad tanks thinking they are better players because they are tanking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I make it a point to not pull things that the tank didn't pull; it's just rude.

Having said that, I'm a Hunter. If I pull something, it's already aggroed to the tank. MD/FD FTW!

Personally I enjoy people pull the mobs for me. Makes it smoother for me to chain pull. I really love that special hunter who always ahead of me, misdirects and pulls for me.. all i need to do is AOE and aggro is kept.

I find most of the responses here very childish and makes me think some tanks are on power trips.

So what if a dps pulls something before you? Just tank it and move on. Not like it's worth wasting time arguing about it or complain because "only the tank should pull" and your ego got bruised?

If some idiot just randomly pulls 10 random packs to cause a wipe? Kick him and move on.

I don't mind it as a tank, whatsoever.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2016-12-28 at 04:46 AM.