Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is mythic dungeons a good way to gear up if i want to avoid lfr ?

Since normal mythic/mythic 0, drops around 840 ilvl.
    Is ilvl around 825/820 good enough ? If haven't done mythic difficulty before ?
    Since mythic 0 drops 840 ilvl, i thought that would be a good estimate.
    Thanks for the info,
    Cheers,

Honestly that's more than enough for +0. Just bring a couple of friends and make your own group and you won't have any problems gearing up. No one will take you over an 885 fire mate though, to be honest, so making your own groups is your only choice imo

Yes. Mythic+ (and mythic0 earlier on) vastly surpass LFR to gear up.

You can easily run every mythic0 first at your ilvl, and then dabble into mythic+s (even getting boosted by experienced groups, with no effort), and then just take it from there.

Most definitely. One of the main reasons I like Legion for not being raid or die. Now if only Watcher would stop dragging his feet with post launch dungeon content.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Yes. Mythic+ (and mythic0 earlier on) vastly surpass LFR to gear up.

You can easily run every mythic0 first at your ilvl, and then dabble into mythic+s (even getting boosted by experienced groups, with no effort), and then just take it from there.
    For some specs it is a better route then raiding. The loot tables in the first two raids are rather lack luster for some people.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that and WQ gear is a good way to do it, and when you're about 850 you might be able to get into normal EN groups providing they're not looking for outrageous requirements to join.
    Don't forget the timewalking quest in dala-you can get some EN gear from the reward box.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic 0: no. base item level is 840 and TF procs are to rare to gear up reliably.
    Mythic +: Yes, although I am not sure how feasible it is to pug them. I never tried because I don't like timed runs.

you should do LFR anyways for the legendary chance, just set your character to follow someone and play something else while you get carried

Deleted
    830 item level is the recommended

Just finish your class hall story for the third socket in the legendary weapon AND do World Quests that drop gear.
    Do them all because they can be titanforged/warforged.
    I have a lot of titan/warforged items from world quests. You will be 830 ilevel in no time with a bit of luck.

Warning: It's extremely hard to do Mythic Dungeons with a group listed as "830+ ilevel requirement" because most of the times people don't know the tactics.
    Learn/study beforehand or if you don't mind wiping, learn it mid instance (get ready for wipes).

If you are lucky you will get people with insane item level to carry you...but don't expect that. Most of the times it's 830/835 ilevel people who join.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-12-30 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    Thanks for the info,
    Cheers,

the only reason to do lfr is to increase bad luck protection...quest if you are not raiding normal/heoric/mythic and to farm defiled runes.

@ ilevel 825-820 you will not get invited to pugs so you will have to make your own group.

GL finding a group that doesnt want 860+ ilvl to run norm mythics so they can speed run it in 15 minutes. Mythic + broke pugs this xpac
    And shepherds we shall be...

I've been through all this already, after rerolling a fresh char on another server. My advice:
    1. Form your own mythic 0 group, you don't have to lead it through the dungeon!
    2. Don't put in a minimum requirement! Take other players that match your ilvl on priority. It'll be slower, but you could make friends.
    3. Get boosted through mythic+! Get a boost group, they will most likely boost you up to (including) +9.
    4. Don't be afraid to ask for the loot of others, But DO NOT use the addon personal loot helper! It is annoying as fuck!
    5. Spam in trade chat for an arena boost (10 wins in 2s and 3s each) for fast 840+ gear.
    6. Do 1-5 for say 2 weeks and you'll see yourself hover around ilvl 855-860.

Nope, because world quests make mythic0 obsolete. In a few days of cherry picking world quests with gear rewards you'll see WQ spawning with 840-845 base rewards. I was about to say "but this takes time while you can spam mythic0" only to remember hey, they have a weekly lockout.

So generally if you're 820 these days you either dinged 2 days ago or you just aren't doing it right. Get addons like World Quest Tracker / World Quest List to cherry pick WQ easier there's also another can't remember the name something like world quest group finder that allows you to easily group up for WQ that are too slow or too hard for freshly dinged char.

Also get a coin and rush to the world boss. If you're lucky you'll get an item or two that will inflate your starting ilvl and immediately spawn higher ilvl WQ. You can have the same WQ switch the reward to +10 ilvl version just because you upgraded your ilvl along the way. Oh, and always rush class hall campaign, well rush as much as mission gate permits, but the 3rd relic slot is a massive ilvl upgrade on your weapon.

Anyway, if you want to do dungeons for fun, do it with friends not with pugs. Pugs are so clueless it's just sad, would you believe I managed to find a person in 2016 that still doesn't know how summoning stone works? He refused to click my portals and he only was summoning 1 person over and again instead of the other missing 2. And since he was from some french server I couldn't even communicate with him.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    Thanks for the info,
    Cheers,
    There's are a grand total of 0 reasons to ignore LFR. The bosses all get one shot. I've yet to have a wipe in LFR since this expansion began

- - - Updated - - -

Also, you can do mythic dungeons at 805 I lvl. Most people did so when he expac released
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    There's are a grand total of 0 reasons to ignore LFR. The bosses all get one shot. I've yet to have a wipe in LFR since this expansion began
    Lucky you, I've seen it all, 3 determination stacks on Guarm because dps is abysmal and people die from charge, wipes in ilgynoth because dps is again shit and the raid refuses to do it in 2 phases causing 70% of the raid to stay inside and get 1 shot while the other handful of people outside doesn't want to try to 2-phase it but just says "wipe it" and afks, wipe on elerethe because half the raid fell down during platform transition or earlier from the pushback, wipes on odyn because tanks tank him in the yellow floor... It's a herp derp content and I can't imagine people finding it "fun", I only go to lfr when I have order hall cache quest or I need runes / transmog. I wouldn't use it to gear up at all.

And yes, you can do mythic0 in 805ilvl but it's gonna be slower than doing mythic10 on a geared char. If you're interested in the challenge, it's a fun way to learn a new class / spec but you need to find likeminded people. Majority of pugs want a carry / smooth ride, so you need to have friends / guildies that want some challenge instead and will actually follow tactics, avoid standing in bad and so on. In 805 standing in bad can two-shot you.

Deleted
    It surpasses mythic raids, let alone LFR lol.

This is a question I guess some folks may come up with but yeah, it's quite a simple answer but probably not obvious.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Lucky you, I've seen it all, 3 determination stacks on Guarm because dps is abysmal and people die from charge, wipes in ilgynoth because dps is again shit and the raid refuses to do it in 2 phases causing 70% of the raid to stay inside and get 1 shot while the other handful of people outside doesn't want to try to 2-phase it but just says "wipe it" and afks, wipe on elerethe because half the raid fell down during platform transition or earlier from the pushback, wipes on odyn because tanks tank him in the yellow floor... It's a herp derp content and I can't imagine people finding it "fun", I only go to lfr when I have order hall cache quest or I need runes / transmog. I wouldn't use it to gear up at all.

And yes, you can do mythic0 in 805ilvl but it's gonna be slower than doing mythic10 on a geared char. If you're interested in the challenge, it's a fun way to learn a new class / spec but you need to find likeminded people. Majority of pugs want a carry / smooth ride, so you need to have friends / guildies that want some challenge instead and will actually follow tactics, avoid standing in bad and so on. In 805 standing in bad can two-shot you.
    Oh of course. I speak from the mindset of having guild it's to run wjth. If you're pugging, then it's a whole different ballgame
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Haven't touched a single raid encounter on my DH and he's iLvL 868. IT's so easy to gear up purely from dungeons now.

Absolutely. LFR and the gear it drops are terrible. You can join +0 groups now, get a keystone, get carried, collect loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Oh of course. I speak from the mindset of having guild it's to run wjth. If you're pugging, then it's a whole different ballgame
    I didn't see large premades in lfr except in the first 2 weeks of valor getting added in WOD. It's easier to find 4 people interested in running mythic / mythic+ dungeons on alts in a guild, than 24 to make lfr premade with.

But yeah it makes a colossal difference if you play with people you can trust rather than pugs who you can never know what to expect from.