Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Its amusing how people always say this in every thread about pit bulls killing someone on something.

It is entirely irrelevant if the small breeds are aggressive as fuck. A chihuahua and other "toy" dogs aren't capable of killing people... Hell they would be hard pressed to even be able to scratch anything that wasn't a rodent.

Small dogs can be the most hyper aggressive things to ever exist and it would be meaningless. While a pit bull can literally rip a person apart and easily kill other dogs, especially small ones.
    Its not irrelevant at all and its this sort of thinking that is wrong with all dog owners. They think because it wont kill someone or the damage is lesser, their shitty behavior is acceptable. Its not.

You expect a certain behavior from a Pit Bull. You should expect the same behavior from any dog. Just because the outcome may be different doesn't excuse any dog, big or small, from being aggressive.

If my dog is on lead and is controlled at a park, and there is a small aggressive yapper and I tell the owner several times to control their dog and they dont. That is not cute. Thats aggressive and I wouldnt blame my dog for reacting. However, the obedience trainer in me would not allow my dog to react.

Ok lets use another example. Im 6'5", I weight 110kg. Is it fine if a 5'5" person is aggressive to me? If they were pushing me and swearing at me (similar to nipping and growling is for a dog) would you expect me to cop that and walk away? No, id do it right back. Its not my problem that Im bigger therefore the affect is greater.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its careless to let your dog roam around your own yard?

Did you read the above article? The pit bull came onto the guy's property and killed his poodle.
    Like I said, I wouldn't let my dog roam if another unknown dog was also roaming off the leash. Regardless of whether its your right or not, why be so careless? I have the right to not lock my doors at night, better believe that they are locked.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    The poodle owner was pretty careless as well. Its a tough deal but their dog should've have been off a leash/outside while th pit was off leash/outside. The poodle owner had a right to be outside too but sometimes you just have to take precautions.
    The Poodle was at the yard, it wasn't roaming the street looking for trouble, it's all in the article.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, I wouldn't let my dog roam if another unknown dog was also roaming off the leash. Regardless of whether its your right or not, why be so careless? I have the right to not lock my doors at night, better believe that they are locked.
    So you are all seeing? You have some sixth sense that allows you to detect unleashed pit bulls coming down the street towards your home?

That's some super power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    The Poodle was at the yard, it wasn't roaming the street looking for trouble, it's all in the article.
    ...I know this, I've stated that...

dogs don't give a damn about property lines though. I still wouldn't allow my dog off leash/out side of my controllable reach if there was a potential threat near by. I know that if my dog is in my yard its not going to leave it if I don't tell it too, I can't be sure about any old random dog in the neighbor.

The poodle owner is looking for a criminal case where there isn't one and unlawfully took justice into their own hands. They had a civil case but created one for the pitbull owner.

- - - Updated - - -

So you are all seeing? You have some sixth sense that allows you to detect unleashed pit bulls coming down the street towards your home?

That's some super power.
    You're gahdamn right, I am Superman.

(pitbulls don't pop out of thin air)

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, good i say. One less monster in the world and hopefully one more dumb person gets banned from possession of dangerous weapons.

Shame it took the death of a poodle for it to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Its not irrelevant at all and its this sort of thinking that is wrong with all dog owners. They think because it wont kill someone or the damage is lesser, their shitty behavior is acceptable. Its not.

You expect a certain behavior from a Pit Bull. You should expect the same behavior from any dog. Just because the outcome may be different doesn't excuse any dog, big or small, from being aggressive.

If my dog is on lead and is controlled at a park, and there is a small aggressive yapper and I tell the owner several times to control their dog and they dont. That is not cute. Thats aggressive and I wouldnt blame my dog for reacting. However, the obedience trainer in me would not allow my dog to react.

Ok lets use another example. Im 6'5", I weight 110kg. Is it fine if a 5'5" person is aggressive to me? If they were pushing me and swearing at me (similar to nipping and growling is for a dog) would you expect me to cop that and walk away? No, id do it right back. Its not my problem that Im bigger therefore the affect is greater.
    Once again, that argument is entirely bullshit.

I have excused nothing. People that have small yappy dogs they don't control are idiots as well...

There is a big fucking difference though... Their dog is an annoying nuisance when not properly trained, while pit bulls and other such breeds are literal killing machines when not properly trained.

Your post is nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel for the owner of the Poodle. I wanted to do the same to the dog that attacked my daughter. I don't think he should be charged.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Another senseless death compounded by further tragedy. As much as I'd want to kill that Pit Bull if it happened to my Rat Terriers, I'd probably let the Law have it's course first. Then if it did not see the animal destroyed, then I might slip Decon in a treat or two. I dunno though. It's hard for me to attack any animal acting on simple instinct. Defense is one thing. Revenge.. another

Really, I think what would really make me lose it would be a Cop trying to exert his authority and shooting the Dog for the hell of it.

I've seen too many smug sons of bitches that wear the badge in California. A while back Me, my brother and his GF and their Beagle were in the car. The Cop pulled him over for speeding and they got a little heated over the speed. The Cop reaches in and pets the Dog. Luck would have it, he got it to howl by scratching it's ear (as it's a sign of love). Right after that he grabbed it real tight and looked at my brother before saying: "You know if I wanted to, I could shoot your Dog right now for the hell of it, and the Judge would take my side because my partner heard him howl. Be glad we ain't asking your GF for a blow to save his ass."

Honestly, if they fucked with me like they did my brother.. I dunno what I'd do. Dogs don't know better. But Humans should. California's police departments are trash and that's why I now carry a Go-Pro everywhere now. I don't give a shit if recording cops without their knowledge is illegal. They can do their job right, or Youtube will for them.
    Smells like bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Careless owners that don't properly train their pit bulls are why pit bulls are starting to be banned.
    Starting to be banned? Been banned here for over 25 years.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I feel for the owner of the Poodle. I wanted to do the same to the dog that attacked my daughter. I don't think he should be charged.
    For the record, since people are trying to blow what I said out of proportion, I empathize with the poodle owner. While I don't think he should go unpunished for not allowing due process to take place, a slap on the wrist would suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're gahdamn right, I am Superman.

(pitbulls don't pop out of thin air)
    I never claimed they did?

So once again how would you know the pit bull is coming?

If you let your dog play in your own yard every day, why would you assume this day or any day would be any different? Do you sit outside all day and watch your dog?

10+ Year Old Account
    I never claimed they did?

So once again how would you know the pit bull is coming?

If you let your dog play in your own yard every day, why would you assume this day or any day would be any different? Do you sit outside all day and watch your dog?
    Assuming it wasn't a fenced in yard, why wouldn't you watch your dog...what?

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, that argument is entirely bullshit.

I have excused nothing. People that have small yappy dogs they don't control are idiots as well...

There is a big fucking difference though... Their dog is an annoying nuisance when not properly trained, while pit bulls and other such breeds are literal killing machines when not properly trained.

Your post is nonsense.
    ...and their dog being an annoying nuisance leads to dire consequences. Theyre often the first people to ring animal control when their dogs shitty behaviour leads to it getting bitten in retaliation.

Like I said, dont go placing blame when you get pushed back and the force is greater.

Your post is nonsense.

All the liberals in here talking about killing people and animals.

Its hilarious how being entirely negligent and leaving your pit bull killing machine unrestrained and allowing it to tear smaller dogs apart results in a simple citation and small fine... While killing that same pit bull in retaliation in the heat of the moment while wrought with grief over the death of their dog can result in the other guy going to jail for several years.
    Its because animals arent held to the same standard as a human, they dont have the same rights either, nor should they have. Grief over humans doesent get you out of the justice system. Im not sure why youd expect grief over your personal pet to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    All the liberals in here talking about killing people and animals.
    Because liberals are still humans that get angry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    ...and their dog being an annoying nuisance leads to dire consequences. Theyre often the first people to ring animal control when their dogs shitty behaviour leads to it getting bitten in retaliation.

Like I said, dont go placing blame when you get pushed back and the force is greater.

Your post is nonsense.
    Today I learned your dog being annoying is grounds for it to be ripped apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Because liberals are still humans that get angry.
    And kill, judge jury and executioner. They preach tolerance except when something happens to them. They preach acceptance unless you disagree etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    And kill, judge jury and executioner. They preach tolerance except when something happens to them. They preach acceptance unless you disagree etc.
    Trying to derail the thread? What does this have to do with politics?