Limit new threads to one per 30 minutes at the least!

Its incredibly obnoxious to see people posting tons of threads each day, always in the off-topic forum, flooding it with ideologically misleading bullshit.

And before I'm accused of being biased toward one side or another: I find Taftvalue's spamming as obnoxious as Tennisace's.

We need to limit threads to one per 30 minutes, or maybe even only twice per day.

I giggle every time certain posters link the newest article from Breitbart or Fox News.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    1 per hour per sub-forum.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would say twice a day would be good, once a day even better but would only work if the thread is linked to the creators IP address.. Otherwise they will just create multiple accounts to get around the thread creation limit..

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Timers are obnoxious as fuck and just get in the way of people doing legitimate things. I post very few threads and if I want to post two threads one day, I don't want to have to space them 30 minutes apart just because someone is upset about what others made threads about.
    Sorry but there's nothing legitimate about some douche posting 5 threads just linking Fox News posts or posting 5 threads about how much they want to have sex with Justin Trudeau.

Mods should just stand up to those. Especially against tennisace's endless trolling and flamebait threads. Please be a little bit stricter, because I got infracted multiple times just by making a joke in a thread...

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Sorry but there's nothing legitimate about some douche posting 5 threads just linking Fox News posts or posting 5 threads about how much they want to have sex with Justin Trudeau.
    Throttling doesn't really solve the underlying problem - which is people posting flamebait.

There should just be stricter moderation of threads that link to fake news or conspiracy sites/blogs rather than letting them get to 20 pages over a week and then eventually closing the thread anyway because a thread based on falsehood can only result in back and forth personal attacks and shitposting.

Posters should also never get away without a single infraction if their entire thread created history is filled with locked threads that are closed because they were trying to start flame wars with misleading title/OPs.

Oh, and please spare a thought for mods like Endus whenever a science denial thread pops up. That should clearly fall under conspiracy theories, but people are allowed to go dozens of posts trying to get a rise out of him. At the very least, it should fall under posts that maliciously bait others into responding negatively by posting lie after lie after lie.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2016-12-29 at 08:25 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Don't post in those threads or even open them. Saved your from yourself I guess? =p

There should not be a limit. However, there should be more options in settings for the user to better filter out things. For example, a site i frequent regularly, FFXIAH, put in options to disable the OT section from showing up in recent threads all together. Maybe it would be nice to do things like set a filter where only one slot for recent news is the most recent OT section or something. I don't know what and how they could do it. I just think flat out limiting feature placed on everyone is a piss poor way to go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Don't post in those threads or even open them. Saved your from yourself I guess? =p
    I don't for most of them. That doesn't change the fact that they flood the subforum and frontpage.

I don't for most of them. That doesn't change the fact that they flood the subforum and frontpage.
    That doesn't really hurt you though. I don't like McDonalds, so I don't eat there. They still exist though.

Heavy-handed ideas like this only hurt legit posters. Tennisspam will just use alt accounts if limited this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    That doesn't really hurt you though. I don't like McDonalds, so I don't eat there. They still exist though.

Heavy-handed ideas like this only hurt legit posters. Tennisspam will just use alt accounts if limited this way.
    The analogy is ridiculous. I'm not inconvenienced trying to find other places to eat at.

Also no, it doesn't. At all. "Legit posters" aren't spamming threads every 20 minutes.

The analogy is ridiculous. I'm not inconvenienced trying to find other places to eat at.

Also no, it doesn't. At all. "Legit posters" aren't spamming threads every 20 minutes.
    You don't think its entirely possible that a legit poster would ever, just maybe, possibly, even have a small chance of ever posting more than one thread a day?

The analogy stands. You are inconvenienced only a small amount by people posting threads you don't like.

Not going to do this.