Page 1 of 44
... LastLast

Ariana Grande speaks out about objectification after fan encounter

Ariana Grande has a Problem with our culture's reductive view of women, and she’s not going to be silent about it anymore.

In a message posted to Twitter Tuesday night, Grande shared that she and her beau, The Way collaborator Mac Miller, were picking up food when they had a run-in with one of Miller’s fans. "He was loud and excited and by the time M was seated in the driver’s seat, he was literally almost in the car with us," Grande explained. "I thought all of this was cute and exciting until he said, 'Ariana is sexy as hell, man. I see you. I see you hitting that!"

For Grande, being discussed as if she were not present — and being reduced to a "piece of meat" in the process — left her feeling "sick and objectified."
    "Things like (this) happen all the time and are the kinds of moments that contribute to women's sense of fear and inadequacy,"
    If this sort of thing happens all the time then why do I never see it happening out in the real world?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/e...nter/95910524/
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    If this sort of thing happens all the time then why do I never see it happening out in the real world?
    Are you an attractive woman? Because if not, chances are you're just not noticing it, because it's happening to other people and/or because it's been normalized in your own head.

Maybe if she didn't hoe it up constantly she wouldn't get treated as such

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to being a celebrity woman, most women don't get that treatment.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/e...nter/95910524/
    If the quotes are accurate. Sounds like the standard misogynistic lingo of 14 year old wannabe rappers.

Her actions (music, videos, lyrics) and her words don't match up. She pines for objectification on one hand and laments it on the other.

But we rarely require people to be consistent these days it seems so... shrug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsav1 View Post
    Maybe if she didn't hoe it up constantly she wouldn't get treated as such
    Please do explain how 'hoeing it up' merits being treated like garbage?

Yeah everyone knows male celebrities never face things like this.

That doesn't make it ok. But that certainly doesn't mean its a gendered issue. Its a fame issue.

You are not dating Ariana Grande.

It's human nature to want to have sex with someone we find physically attractive.

Being offended when hearing this is a personal issue, and not an issue with the person who feels this.

The issues arise when someone forcibly acts upon this desire to the detriment of the person they desire.

Deleted
    I was knocking about earlier and overheard a binman go to some bird who was looking at her phone 'watch out you might bump into something' and as she walked past still in earshot 'like my cock'.

Pub earlier the conversation generally went about the new barmaid with the decent boatrace and the big tits.

If you don't see this on the day to day, you probably dont go outside or interact with humans. Its standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I think it translates to -- "She shouldn't have worn that..."

What other threads have I heard that in?

until he said 'Ariana is sexy as hell man. I see you, I see you hitting that!!!'

Yeah, not good to talk about someone in the third person when they're right there.

"Damn girl you look so fine I can see your boyfriend trying to hit that all the time" would've been more proper.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    There is no issue with treating people like whatever. No one is owed any sort of social treatment. And being an ass hole is legally protected. Is it nice to be an ass hole? No. But freedom of speech is much much more important then you and your petty worries mrs grande.
    Free speech does not entitle you to be a jackass. It just protects you from legal reprisal.

Please show me in the article how she was "treated like garbage" because unless she was kicked to the ground and pissed on I would have to disagree with your assessment

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    There is no issue with treating people like whatever. No one is owed any sort of social treatment. And being an ass hole is legally protected. Is it nice to be an ass hole? No. But freedom of speech is much much more important then you and your petty worries mrs grande.
    Freedom of speech also means she can call an asshole out for being one. So her "petty worries" fall into the same freedom of speech bucket you're trying to use to discredit her.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    I was knocking about earlier and overheard a binman go to some bird who was looking at her phone 'watch out you might bump into something' and as she walked past still in earshot 'like my cock'.

Pub earlier the conversation generally went about the new barmaid with the decent boatrace and the big tits.

If you don't see this on the day to day, you probably dont go outside or interact with humans. Its standard.
    Is this some sort of British slang?

15+ Year Old Account

Bitch please. The only reasons for your objectification are your own actions and choices. Deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

It's ALMOST like you get what you put in.

Free speech does not entitle you to be a jackass. It just protects you from legal reprisal.
    Free speech is a right. Entitlement is having a right to something.
    Signature not found