Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Sure, but I dont think that negates the disrespect feeling from the gf and bf involved
    Yeah, Its definitely disrespectful for a stranger to say that to anyone. Celebrity or not, but as a celebrity who sells themself as a sexual object you cant complain when people view you as the sexual object you have been selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Please do explain how 'hoeing it up' merits being treated like garbage?
    He didn't say it merit's being treated like garbage, he just said it increases the chances of it.

There's no mystery in cause and effect. If you act in a manner that attracts shitty people, you will meet more shitty people. This is exponentially more accurate if you're famous.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Well, yeah. It's just that the issue isn't actually objectification - it's some crude dipshit that can't figure out that a random celebrity isn't actually his buddy. Ms. Grande grandstanding about "objectification" is more about the contemporary moral zeitgeist than anything that actually happened.
    I rarely consider overly-wordy explanations to be prudent, but your post is very sound.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Eh, I don't know, while I think the comment was extremely crude and inappropriate I don't really think it was an issue of objectification.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
    As a guy if I walked over to my buddy and his GF and said directly to his GF "damn girl your sexy" you don't think my buddy would be a little angry I was hitting on his girl? TBH most of the time when something like that happens the woman and the man both take it as a compliment, its rare that a woman takes offense. When is being told you look good a bad thing? You've got to be a pretty miserable person to snap about that.
    Being spoken about like you are an object, especially in a manner that infers that you aren't even part of the conversation at hand is a fine reason to be upset.

That being said, it's not indicative of endemic misogyny or anything, it's just people buying what she is selling combined with the hyper-nutjobs that think they can mingle with famous people without being notable themselves.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Please do explain how 'hoeing it up' merits being treated like garbage?
    Adele - artist

Ariana Grande - Hoeing it up

Mission accomplished Ariana, dont want to be objectified then stop objectifying yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

Things like this happen all the time to all celebrities of all sexes. I don't quite understand the "inadequacy" comment. Now that I brought up males though women do this to them, other men do the same to them. I remember literally seeing a guy in a crowd trying to grab a performers junk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Sells sex, and then complains that people bought it.

Fucking men, am i right? Such scumbags.
    Fan was an idiot.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    Being spoken about like you are an object, especially in a manner that infers that you aren't even part of the conversation at hand is a fine reason to be upset.

That being said, it's not indicative of endemic misogyny or anything, it's just people buying what she is selling combined with the hyper-nutjobs that think they can mingle with famous people without being notable themselves.
    How is saying "damn shes sexy" treating her like an object? Can women not be sexy? Can only objects be sexy? How does that work? She can be upset all she wants, who cares if shes upset? Being upset doesn't make her right, especially when its faux outrage, you really think she was "sick" because a random dbag told her BF she was sexy? I just don't get how this is "objectification", at best the young man was impolite.

How is saying "damn shes sexy" treating her like an object? Can women not be sexy? Can only objects be sexy? How does that work? She can be upset all she wants, who cares if shes upset? Being upset doesn't make her right, especially when its faux outrage, you really think she was "sick" because a random dbag told her BF she was sexy? I just don't get how this is "objectification", at best the young man was impolite.
    It's because she was spoken of as if she wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It's because she was spoken of as if she wasn't there.
    No doubt by one of her braindead fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

Are you an attractive woman? Because if not, chances are you're just not noticing it, because it's happening to other people and/or because it's been normalized in your own head.
    you dont even need to be specially attractive to be objectified, as i've been told
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Wavebossa View Post
    Her actions (music, videos, lyrics) and her words don't match up. She pines for objectification on one hand and laments it on the other.

But we rarely require people to be consistent these days it seems so... shrug.
    Pretty much nailed it on the head. It's "empowerment" when she's doing what she does to sell records, but "Objectification" when someone else says comments like they did.

Nothing to see here, just another person with double standards that can't see past their own flawed logic.

Saying someone is sexy isn't objectification. Saying someone is sexy TO their significant other in front of them is. You're inferring they aren't part of a conversation that directly involves them. That's basically the definition.

"You're here, and should be involved in this conversation, but I'm not going to include you" is fairly similar to telling someone they are part of the scenery.

And if you think I'm some whiny SJW, look at my previous posts. I like to think I'm on the side of reason rather than faux outrage or debauchery.
    -Darsithis

Damn donut licking millennials.

A quick look at her photo shoot and concert photos tells any reasonable person she has done a fine job objectifying herself.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dresses in a way that uses her good looks and sex appeal to further her career.

Please dont objectify me.

Sounds legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It doesn't.

It's just the fact that they said "The only reasons for your objectification are your own actions and choices.", when that's false.
    She is totally a prisoner, and has NO choice on how to dress and act.....
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Happens. Sometimes people feel it's totally cool to say things that dehumanize others. For women, it's usually around appearance or sexuality. Though this sort of treatment has a wide degree of circumstance not strictly bound to women.

Her entire career is built on being objectified. But what can you expect from a donut licking, self-hating American.
    Sylvanas Windrunner For Warchief 2016!!
    #NoFlyNoSub, #NoFlyNoLegion, #NoFlyNoBuy, #BringBackFlight

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    She is totally a prisoner, and has NO choice on how to dress and act.....
    Contracts are a thing she needs to follow with performances, yes.

I'm not sure if you thought she didn't.