Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    She does realize her entire music is based on objectification / sex right?

Disgusting individual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    She does realize her entire music is based on objectification / sex right?
    You do realise that this is a performance and does not necessarily mean that said performer is promiscuous or that being promiscuous merits being objectified.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    You misunderstand.

The point is that sexually liberated people should not be treated like shit for being as such. What does it matter if someone sells sex? It isn't a commentary on their integrity as an individual, nor does it entitle ignorant asshats to mouth off about them.
    You seem to misunderstand me. I don't go around talking like this but I can see that when you choose to dress and act like a certain way you're going to get treated a certain way. Whether or not it's right or not doesn't even enter the equation because guess what? They're are assholes in the world and all the crying on twitter isn't going to change that. Changing peoples perception of you will though. As I said at the start of the thread "You wanna hoe around you're going to be treated as such"

Even if she was the one picking said outfits, why would it matter?
    I totally disagree with this guys behavior, but this isn't really the "you were asking for it because you showed some leg" argument we hear in even less tasteful threads on this forum. She has carefully crafted an image of herself as a sex object, and being upset because of a very mild example that people see her that way is a bit silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

You do realise that this is a performance and does not necessarily mean that said performer is promiscuous or that being promiscuous merits being objectified.
    The person that objectified her did not say she was promiscuous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Its almost like using sex and your body to sell things calls attention to your sex, and body. Nothing wrong with, its been used since advertising became a thing.

Not saying she deserves to be objectified (no one really does) but pretending there is no link between doing what she does and getting objectified in the first place in disingenuous, like standing in the middle of a busy street and being surprised you go hit by a car.
    Deserves to be objectified? I think you're making some unbased assumptions here. Why is objectification unilaterally bad? Sure, it can be bad under certain circumstances, but more often than not it's simply another form of praise.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

Bitch please. The only reasons for your objectification are your own actions and choices. Deal with it.
    no no no..... its perfectly acceptable to act, dress, talk and sell your product using your body, but if someone says something TO you based on how you have marketed yourself that is being sexist....

Welcome to America 2.0, where morons and people who cannot think intelligently are the ones we let talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Well its kinda weird to dress sexy and then not expect any comments on looking sexy.

Although I think directing it to her bf and ignoring her is exceptionally gross.
    What's gross about telling a guy his gf is sexy? Or would you rather people hit on his gf?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    See. Here's the problem. You call it sexual liberation. Most people feel very very very differently. Your opinion on life and morals is not the final word on the matter. Conflicting opinions exists. And in America they are much much more common then people with your opinion.
    Most people in America are wrong about most things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsav1 View Post
    You seem to misunderstand me. I don't go around talking like this but I can see that when you choose to dress and act like a certain way you're going to get treated a certain way. Whether or not it's right or not doesn't even enter the equation because guess what? They're are assholes in the world and all the crying on twitter isn't going to change that. Changing peoples perception of you will though. As I said at the start of the thread "You wanna hoe around you're going to be treated as such"
    Yes, and your post was equally full of shit then.

If you dress and act in a certain way that is ultimately not harmful or disrespectful to others then there is no reason we should simply accept 'assholes being assholes'. The burden is on the asshole to change their behaviour.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to say the same @Frozenbeef.

She objectifies and sexualizes herself and then is incensed when others do the same? Reminds me of Brittany Spears about 15 or so years ago complaining on the radio about how she is objectified. The funny thing however is I worked near Times Square (NYC) at the time and on my walk to work, had to look at a 30 foot high billboard of her everyday in a skin tight outfit, low cut jeans and thong clearly on display.

NOW, to be fair the guy was a douche and her boyfriend should have handled it. There was no need to go tweet about something that her man should have taken care of on the spot.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    What's gross about telling a guy his gf is sexy? Or would you rather people hit on his gf?
    Well being completely ignored does makes one feel like not-a-person. If you think someone is sexy, TELL THE PERSON THEMSELVES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    This is what I don't quite understand either.

I feel like many people in this thread are looking to maintain the socially acceptable moral high group by condemning the act from one angle, while spinning nuance into their opinions via a second condemnation - that of the victim herself. This is making for some confused arguments.

LOVE ME LOVE ME LOVE ME LOVE ME

HARD HARD HARD HARD

OOoooOOOooo

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you are going to use sex as a major selling point in your music, be prepared to be labeled. Right or wrong, that just how it is.

So much for someone who made living out of being objectified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    See. Here's the problem. You call it sexual liberation. Most people feel very very very differently. Your opinion on life and morals is not the final word on the matter. Conflicting opinions exists. And in America they are much much more common then people with your opinion.
    And those people are wrong, because their opinion has no substantial ground besides 'muh fee fees'.

while her actions and dress don't help its not an excuse.. i'm curious how she would had she told her.. damn your man is sexy as hell, luck you hitting that. That said the human race over all is garbage gotta learn to deal with it and be ready to protect yourself imo.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Well being completely ignored does makes one feel like not-a-person. If you think someone is sexy, TELL THE PERSON THEMSELVES.
    So you DO want guys to hit on Mac Miller's girlfriend.