Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Well being completely ignored does makes one feel like not-a-person. If you think someone is sexy, TELL THE PERSON THEMSELVES.
    But is Ariana grande a person?

I'm really not sure.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Objectification doesn't even have to enter the equation, it's just plain rude to make such a comment.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Its funny that you ignore everything else i've said in this thread and you homed onto an obvious joke. Its almost as if you only respond to things you feel you can pick apart. That makes me feel a lot better .

- - - Updated - - -

I don't get it.
    Probably because my other opinions actually match up with some of these opposition here, in that if Ariana didn't want to be told she's sexy, she shouldn't dress sexy.

(although sometimes its unavoidable, such as women with super large chests)

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Wasn't she dating some gangster rapper? You get what you deserve
    Lol no she was never dating a " gangster " rapper

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    People talk about me all the time, regardless of my location. So what?
    No worries, if the nuance of what I actually wrote went over your head then we're probably best off dropping it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    To be honest, both those phrases mean the exact same thing to me, the latter simply being less dressed up.
    I see it quite differently.

She's hot = She is really hot, I mean there is nothing more to that.

I'd hit that = I want to fuck her.

Tell my girl friend she is hot, I may not be too mad pending on context. Tell my girl friend you want to fuck her, and i'll have your teeth stuck in my knuckles.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    lol, dude...really? You are ridiculous.

"The Way collaborator Mac Miller, were picking up food when they had a run-in with one of Miller’s fans. "He was loud and excited and by the time M was seated in the driver’s seat, he was literally almost in the car with us,""

In Mac's car, with Mac's girl friend. The girlfriend should leave? Have you no respect for your significant other?
    That has nothing to do with talking about someone. If you can't handle people talking about you when you are present, that is YOUR problem, not theirs.

10+ Year Old Account
    That has nothing to do with talking about someone.
    There are quite a few situations where you cant leave. Such as say, you're in a car. Or you're eating at a restaurant, or you're stuck in airport security and need to get to your flight, or you're in your designated volunteer area and cant leave said area.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it.
    The comment I quoted has been edited, so my reply no longer makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    That has nothing to do with talking about someone. If you can't handle people talking about you when you are present, that is YOUR problem, not theirs.
    This is obvious diversion, and I will not be feeding into it. If you don't understand the context of the situation, then i'm sorry, I can't help you.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Her publicist must be very happy with her today. As the saying goes : There is no such thing as bad publicity.
    I agree this is just another publicity stunt, to me she's not attractive but she sells sex and is shocked that she gets this kind of reaction.

There are quite a few situations where you cant leave. Such as say, you're in a car. Or you're eating at a restaurant, or you're stuck in airport security and need to get to your flight, or you're in your designated volunteer area and cant leave said area.
    Ok fine, so you can't leave all the time. I concede that point. That doesn't entitle you to demand no one talk about you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok fine, so you can't leave all the time. I concede that point. That doesn't entitle you to demand no one talk about you.
    Sure, but I would still be entitled to feel insulted if they;re talking about me right next to me. Like helooo, Im a person and Im right here. If you're gonna do that, be prepared to be called out on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    Mac Miller is a white guy though :/

This is also under the assumption that all rappers are "gangster" rap. I wouldn't classify him as such but that's a whole other discussion.

Well, might be time to dress like a regular person instead of a hoe, like she does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    No, you didn't. That's evidenced by this backtracking and spinning you're engaging in.
    Your refusal to admit I may have read the article is a wonderful proof that you simply have no arguments against what I've stated, thus you are forced to twist your way out of the argument.

But perhaps if you've read better the first time, you wouldn't have made false claims.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

But its perfectly fine to objectify yourself on an album cover, or a video for more sales? Its perfectly fine to objectify yourself on a magazine cover or spread for money. I get it, its ok for you to take advantage of objectification when it suits you.

Sure, but I would still be entitled to feel insulted if they;re talking about me right next to me. Like helooo, Im a person and Im right here. If you're gonna do that, be prepared to be called out on it.
    Everyone is entitled to feel whatever they want to feel. No one is entitled to force people stop talking about them or force people to talk to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    To you perhaps.
    But the first says you think someone is a great looking person.
    The second one is more about a piece of meat you want to stick your penis in.
    You're getting into semantics (though I would personally go for beautiful/gorgeous/stunning and I disagree with your 'piece of meat' vision); both phrases are positive appraisals of someone's looks and both are, often, required qualifiers for having voluntary sex with someone. In that way, they're exactly the same, except, again, the directness and level of aggression, if you will.

It's not being talked about that's the issue. It's being talked about as if you're not even there which is universally considered as "pretty fucking rude". You can say she's sexy, you can even say she dresses like a whore but tue least you can do whilst making these judgements is acknowledge that they are actually in the room.

That's what she is taking issue with.