Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Blizzard Celebrates 20 Years of Diablo, WoW Diablo 20th Anniversary Event

Blizzard Celebrate 20 Years of Diablo - In-game events in all Blizzard Titles

Party Portals is This Week's Tavern Brawl!

Blizzard Celebrates 20 Years of Diablo
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    As we approach the original game’s release anniversary on December 31, Blizzard Entertainment is thrilled to commemorate twenty years of Diablo. We’re ready to celebrate our passion for the world of Sanctuary and the brave heroes who inhabit it!

Starting soon, you can experience special in-game events and goodies in Diablo III, Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone, Overwatch, StarCraft II, and World of Warcraft to celebrate a few of the things we love about Diablo. These events and items will only be available for a limited time, so be sure to check them all out before they’re gone.

A small taste of each tribute is below—keep an eye out for more details about these celebrations. . . and thank you, all of you, for allowing us to continue adventuring in the world of Sanctuary. Here’s to twenty years of loot!

Diablo III:
    Recapture the feeling of your first play through of the original Diablo with The Darkening of Tristram tribute event. Venture through a reimagined version of the original cathedral in Diablo III and keep an eye out for some familiar items.
    Heroes of the Storm:

The battle for the High Heavens continues, and a new Diablo-themed portrait is up for grabs! Can you emerge victorious on this hectic new brawl map?

Hearthstone:
    In this Tavern Brawl, a hooded stranger awaits, holding a grim deck in his hands. Will you unravel the secrets surrounding this dark wanderer?

Overwatch:
    Bring the battle for Sanctuary into the fight for the future with in-game sprays representing your favorite Diablo III classes—along with a new player icon modeled after the Lord of Terror!

StarCraft II:
    Put the Lord of Terror to work for you with a Diablo-themed worker portrait.

World of Warcraft:
    Strange things are afoot in the world of Azeroth as denizens of Sanctuary cross over into an unfamiliar world.

Diablo 20th Anniversary Event
    The Diablo 20th Anniversary event is coming soon! There is an achievement, music, and some items associated with the event. The Treasure Demons and their Sanctuary Coins from Beta may also be related.

Name Category
    Diablo's 20th Anniversary There is no cow level.
    Events

Level Type Name
    20Other Twelve-String Guitar
    110Bag Horadric Satchel
    66Other Stone of Jordan
    1Other Tome of Town Portal
    1Other Scroll of Town Portal
    1Other Blank Diabolic Tome
    1Other Small Charm of Life
    1Other Small Charm of Inertia
    1Other Large Charm of Strength
    1Other Large Charm of Dexterity
    1Other Serpent's Grand Charm
    1Other Stalwart's Grand Charm

Poll - Diablo Games
    Which of the Diablo games and expansions have you played?

Last edited by chaud; 2016-12-29 at 05:52 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should give us a mount for the anniversary. Omfg. :^y

Wow has it been 20 years of Diablo? I can still remember playing like it was yesterday......../sigh

......but look forward to the anniversary achieves

Anything more on these treasure demons in game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Be interesting to see where Blizzard goes with the WoW Diablo Event

Yeah great, it's not like I'm sick of Diablo in WoW already.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Anything more on these treasure demons in game?
    100% speculation. They were there during beta, then disappeared.

Played every Diablo and expasion. Just recently found a 3rd party "patch" that allows you to actually play D1 on modern computers. Love it all.

Thoroughly enjoyed being able to select every diablo game/expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I'm in the super minority on this poll. I'm a part of the whopping 1.3% that has never played a Diablo game.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    100% speculation. They were there during beta, then disappeared.
    This must be what it feels like to be touched by Royalty!

Honestly the event really is nothing special. It's literally the Cathedral Maps with a 1996 filter. There is no actual difference in the maps themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post
    Played every Diablo and expasion. Just recently found a 3rd party "patch" that allows you to actually play D1 on modern computers. Love it all.
    You still can with the CD-ROM. Works for me on Windows 7 and 10 but can't say for 8.1.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-29 at 08:03 AM.

the diablo influence was for legion one of the biggest fail.

i celebrate nothing!

10+ Year Old Account
    I excepted something more from that anniversary like.

Malthael, Duriel and D2 Amazon for HOTS as playable hero. Eventually Tyrael's Charger mount in HOTS for those, who durning anniversary will get 70 season LVL.
    Diablo battle pet in WoW.

Meh...

anyone else when bought the first Diablo disc there was bad coloring/marking on the disc (bottom/reading side)? i thought it was an anti piracy tehcnique. The disc was fine when used.

Deleted
    Diablo 1 was released Dec 31, so..patch 7.1.5 the 4th I guess?

Deleted
    spoiler brats. complaining about free presents...

"is that all!?"
    xmas must be REALLY fun with you guys

Quote Originally Posted by thane View Post
    spoiler brats. complaining about free presents...

"is that all!?"
    xmas must be REALLY fun with you guys
    Well considering the dungeon is literally a map with filters turned on I was expecting more in the main game that it was aimed at. They made no attempt with the ingame event in Diablo. Hell WoW has more than Diablo 3 is getting.

Also it has nothing to do with being spoiled. Diablo should be getting the most attention with promotions and events and the devs seem to be just being lazy about it. The only thing original about this dungeon is the 1996 filter that makes it look like Diablo 1.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-29 at 10:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well considering the dungeon is literally a map with filters turned on I was expecting more in the main game that it was aimed at. They made no attempt with the ingame event in Diablo. Hell WoW has more than Diablo 3 is getting.

Also it has nothing to do with being spoiled. Diablo should be getting the most attention with promotions and events and the devs seem to be just being lazy about it. The only thing original about this dungeon is the 1996 filter that makes it look like Diablo 1.
    I couldnt agree more. The original game and lore is so powerful, that it deserves more. World of Warcraft apparently is the goto game for Diablo Anniversary. Sure it could be fun to experience the old game on a new engine, but even the textures are the new ones. No need to make a "remake" of the old game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

- - - Updated - - -

You still can with the CD-ROM. Works for me on Windows 7 and 10 but can't say for 8.1.
    I was having issue with it on Win10 even with the CD. IF I could get into the game it was ok, but I would crash numerous times trying to get in.