Speakers for a shop setting

I've been looking at speakers for a shop that I work in mostly to drown out other peoples music. I know, I'm not nice. I've been looking at pa/dj set ups mostly from amazon. The reviews are mixed on the one I'm leaning towards. Can't do links but look up PYLE-PRO PPHP1537UB 15-Inch 1200 Watt 2-Way Powered Bluetooth Speaker System with USB/SD Readers, Record Function and Remote Control on amazon. I don't need something with 1200w but i doubt Im going to find a bigger way to do it. But if anybody knows of something in the $200 - $400 range I would appreciate the help. I want something loud and clear that isn't going to be susceptible to interference.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    who you trying to drown out?

Everybody who plays country music

Did you consider sound proofing your shop as an alternative to having to drown noise with more noise?

Or even asking your neighbors to turn their shitkicker tunes down?
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

These are what I use. Yamaha - Powered Monitor Speakers - MSP3

They're about $150 each. About 12 inches tall and 10lbs. I used 2 of these back when I worked in a warehouse, they can get quite loud and still sound good.

Last edited by Pipebomb; 2017-01-03 at 01:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieuglydie View Post
    Everybody who plays country music
    I am so glad music is banned from our shop. I can't stand country music myself and I know everyone else in that shop loves it. >.>

What kind of a shop do you work in? If you own your toolchest, I would look into having vehicle speakers installed into the chest itself. Doing this will allow you to save space and keep your sound equipment safe (assuming you lock up your toolchest at night).

A buddy of mine is a mechanic at a dealership and was in a similar boat. He bought a system from the local CarToys and installed it himself along with some Dynamat to absorb vibrations. If you have a workbay all to yourself, you may want to install some sound dampening fabric to absorb some of the music from other employees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Your replies are the equivalent of a dog that farts then looks at the people in the room like they did something wrong.

I work in a Industrial shop setting, double length bays and 6 bays long. And it's in east texas in the oil field where any request to be nice and not cause somebody a head ache is met with a Big ole FU and they turn it up louder. So the only way here to win is to fight fire with fire.

And I do have a fairly large tool box but I don't want something permanent on it. If for some reason i want to take it with me to go somewhere I would like it to be mobile. Would also like something that has Bluetooth built in. Right now Im wearing a headset all day long and while i can turn it up and it will drown out everybody else's speakers and almost do it for a 3512c it's still annoying to have something hanging off my head all day long.

I work in a Industrial shop setting,/snip
    Bluetooth (wireless) headphones. Your phone plays your music. Check out some athletic varieties like these https://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-B...23&sr=1-5&th=1; can still heal people talking etc.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I have the blues 2 aftershockz and i do like them but 12-15 hours a day with them on and it does get annoying.

I have the blues 2 aftershockz and i do like them but 12-15 hours a day with them on and it does get annoying.
    The ones I linked, I sometimes forget I even have them on.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.