Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    It's really simple. A man should not be held responsible for the birth of a child, which takes 9 months, when his only contribution was some DNA for conception. The woman has many months in which to decide if she wants the kid. The responsibility for the kid should be hers by default.
    Someone has to pay for the kid. I'm more inclined for that to be the guy who couldn't be bothered to stick around for his kid than for it to be responsible tax payers.
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    If men don't have a say in abortions because pregnancy is solely on the woman, why should a man have a responsibility in a kid? It's the same thing.
    Men and women aren't equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    He's free to divorce her, but he doesn't get a say in what she does with her body.
    That's not her body. That argument is pretty much senseless.

Though I get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    This not trying to shoehorn anything, there might be differences between the sexes, but we as a society try to minimize the differences through affirmative action.
    I do not agree in any way. I think this sort of enforced pseudo-egalitarianism is absolutely ridiculous.
    Giving males the choice as to with whom they want to start a family will not change the rights of females in any way what so ever. The only thing that changes is that females will have to be responsible for their own actions and wants. If they want to have children without the support of a partner that is all up to them, a random guy she fucked should not be held responsible for her wanting children.
    If only there were a way to avoid impregnating random women!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I do not agree in any way. I think this sort of enforced pseudo-egalitarianism is absolutely ridiculous.
    So you believe that man and woman should not be equal under law? As things as having children greatly effect your life.

If only there were a way to avoid impregnating random women!
    So you would say it is best to ban abortions then, as you know, she if she doesn't want to become pregnant she should not have sex, right!?

Deleted
    Well.. If it was my wife I would leave her. In fact if she was religious I wouldn't be with her in the first place.
    Wanting a kid with someone who raped her is a pretty F***** thing. Someone did something terrible to her - if she wanted a child with that *person* she needs professional help.
    Perhaps its from an affair instead ?

So you believe that man and woman should not be equal under law? As things as having children greatly effect your life.
    I think the idea of making them equal is so incoherent that it leads to all sorts of bizarre downstream impacts.
    So you would say it is best to ban abortions then, as you know, she if she doesn't want to become pregnant she should not have sex, right!?
    This doesn't follow at all. It's the sort of ridiculous false equivalence I'm referring to above when people try to insist that the sexes should be fundamentally equal and have the same exact rights around pregnancy; demanding that this somehow become fair is plainly silly, yet here we are.

Thats why we invented stairs.

Stairs are the #1 enemy of a unborn child.

Deleted
    I think the idea of making them equal is so incoherent that it leads to all sorts of bizarre downstream impacts.
    You mean like the bizarre things that we have going on right now in family court? Where males are forced to become a parent and nothing they can say or do will change this.

This doesn't follow at all. It's the sort of ridiculous false equivalence I'm referring to above when people try to insist that the sexes should be fundamentally equal and have the same exact rights around pregnancy; demanding that this somehow become fair is plainly silly, yet here we are.
    Oh it follows big time. You say that males just should not have sex if they do not want to become a parent, all i did was say the same thing about females. It isn't wanting the same rights as females around pregnancy in any way, the females rights are not harmed in any way. The only thing that is demanded is not having to pay 18+ years for a one night stand.

Oh it follows big time. You say that males just should not have sex if they do not want to become a parent
    No he didn't, he said you had ways to stop getting women pregnant. Condoms and other forms of contraception are open to men, for women abortion (mostly in cases where contraception fails) is an option open to them. I mean if you think women enjoy getting abortions you'd be wrong, which is why most will search out other forms of contraception and use abortion when they don't have any other options.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    No he didn't, he said you had ways to stop getting women pregnant. Condoms and other forms of contraception are open to men, for women abortion (mostly in cases where contraception fails) is an option open to them. I mean if you think women enjoy getting abortions you'd be wrong, which is why most will search out other forms of contraception and use abortion when they don't have any other options.
    Right, but we all know that these things are not 100%, and an abortion is. I never said woman enjoy getting an abortion, but it is the only 100% proof way. That is not to say that you should only use abortion as contraception, but it does mean that for a woman it is a choice to become a parent or not.

She must be pretty religious to want to keep the child of a rapist, he married knowing she's that damn religious he can deal with the dumb religious consequences.

Right, but we all know that these things are not 100%, and an abortion is. I never said woman enjoy getting an abortion, but it is the only 100% proof way. That is not to say that you should only use abortion as contraception, but it does mean that for a woman it is a choice to become a parent or not.
    I believe you can get treatments to make sure you have 0 chance of getting a woman pregnant, so there are 100% options available to men too.

You mean like the bizarre things that we have going on right now in family court? Where males are forced to become a parent and nothing they can say or do will change this.
    I do not find requiring men to pay for their children bizarre. I find it obvious.
    Oh it follows big time. You say that males just should not have sex if they do not want to become a parent, all i did was say the same thing about females. It isn't wanting the same rights as females around pregnancy in any way, the females rights are not harmed in any way. The only thing that is demanded is not having to pay 18+ years for a one night stand.
    Again, this is the silliness that comes from believing that legally enforced equality is a good goal to have. Women have more rights around pregnancy because they're the ones that are pregnant. This is really obvious.

Because of a few decades of societal obsession with creating equality where none can exist, things that are actually pretty obvious have become controversial.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I believe you can get treatments to make sure you have 0 chance of getting a woman pregnant, so there are 100% options available to men too.
    And those revolve around surgery and are not given to young males, and they are not really 100% either.

- - - Updated - - -

I do not find requiring men to pay for their children bizarre. I find it obvious.
    If you want children and choose to have them, sure. But not if you are forced into it.

Again, this is the silliness that comes from believing that legally enforced equality is a good goal to have. Women have more rights around pregnancy because they're the ones that are pregnant. This is really obvious.

Because of a few decades of societal obsession with creating equality where none can exist, things that are actually pretty obvious have become controversial.
    Look, if they have the right to choose if they want children they should be the one responsible for them. If they cant afford to take care of a child alone then they should not have said child. To me this seem really obvious too.

There is nothing wrong with wanting equal opportunities to make your life into whatever you want it to, and as procreating is a big part of life, it is just silly that all choice in that matter goes to just one of the sexes.

Oh, and if you really want to blame it on biology then i guess a male would have nothing to do with his offspring if he didn't want to anyway. As you know, he isn't the pregnant one. We as a society, through affirmative action, have made it so male should pay. The only problem here is that it went way way to far in this. If you both want children and it doesn't work out, you should pay for it. But you should not have to pay for someone you just fucked one time and wants to keep the baby.
    Last edited by mmoc4a3002ee3c; 2016-12-31 at 03:28 PM.

And those revolve around surgery and are not given to young males, and they are not really 100% either.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want children and choose to have them, sure. But not if you are forced into it.

Look, if they have the right to choose if they want children they should be the one responsible for them. If they cant afford to take care of a child alone then they should not have said child. To me this seem really obvious too.

There is nothing wrong with wanting equal opportunities to make your life into whatever you want it to, and as procreating is a big part of life, it is just silly that all choice in that matter goes to just one of the sexes.
    Trust me, I strongly concur that women that can't afford children should refrain from combining promiscuity with irresponsibly popping kids out.

That doesn't actually give us a solution for what to do when they behave irresponsibly. I'm more inclined to have the nominal "father" pay for his bastards than to require everyone us to pick up the tab.

Deleted
    Trust me, I strongly concur that women that can't afford children should refrain from combining promiscuity with irresponsibly popping kids out.

That doesn't actually give us a solution for what to do when they behave irresponsibly. I'm more inclined to have the nominal "father" pay for his bastards than to require everyone us to pick up the tab.
    As i've edited in the last post. If you want to blame biology on this then a male would never have anything to do with offspring he didn't want. But its really simple, if she wants a baby without a partner and cant afford it, it should go straight up for adoption! Adopted babies have a far less bad time then an adopted eight year old.

Seriously in those kind of scenarios there would be way more important things to care about than legal/political issues

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Basically I used to agree with the notion of a financial abortion, but thought about it more, and realized that was just begging for an epidemic of abandoned children the taxpayers would have to pick up the tab for. The supposed equality of such an idea is superficial at best and gives the appearance of equality more than creating actual equality.
    This is my position as well. Financial abortion is intuitively appealing, especially if you're someone that's been raised with the principle that equality is incredibly important. As it turns out though, the incentives that this creates are quite terrible - it seems like it would be both costly and dysgenic (at least for the sorts of traits that we'd like to have as a society).

Deleted
    This is my position as well. Financial abortion is intuitively appealing, especially if you're someone that's been raised with the principle that equality is incredibly important. As it turns out though, the incentives that this creates are quite terrible - it seems like it would be both costly and dysgenic (at least for the sorts of traits that we'd like to have as a society).
    Incentives like what?? Males impregnating everyone they lay eye's on, oh please. The only thing it will do is hold woman responsible for their own actions, nothing more.

Incentives like what?? Males impregnating everyone they lay eye's on, oh please. The only thing it will do is hold woman responsible for their own actions, nothing more.
    Yes, decreasing the cost of irresponsible promiscuity increases the likelihood of irresponsible promiscuity.