Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You can't go to two movies a month for the cost of your WoW subscription. Two movies a month = maybe 4 hours of entertainment. Are you playing WoW for at least 1 hour per week? Then I don't see why you consider it expensive.

Then again, movies are kinda pricey these days.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    you can't because Blizzard doesn't tell us anymore.
    exactly there is no way to tell if subs are up or down so doom saying that the game is dieing/using people/the population is down is pure nonsense with no facts either way.

Why must your inability to pay be turned into an immature and petty casual bashing.
    When as usual like others you can't even use the term correctly.
    Casual is not about being unskilled, but about time commitment being fragmented and inconsistent.

That is why organised raiding doesn't suit me, because I can't reliably say that I can commit for a given duration, even at short notice.
    Let alone in advance.
    That does not mean I don't want to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    exactly there is no way to tell if subs are up or down so doom saying that the game is dieing/using people/the population is down is pure nonsense with no facts either way.
    Plus what did it tell us anyway.
    Players who wanted to would simply blame whatever their latest gripe was, regardless of that being just one change in many, both internally and externally.
    But why would logic ever dictate such an argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Isn't the idea behind f2p that the masses pay?

Wow already has a strong f2p element the best players sell runs to casuals then buy tokens with gold...

How and why would a company want the minority paying for the majority?

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Isn't the idea behind f2p that the masses pay?
    Actually most f2p games try to convince a few players to pay a shitload of money (whales).

But that actually is the thing that noone ever answers who asks for WoW to be f2p: what is the stuff that players should buy with real money to compensate for the loss of 15 bucks from everyone?

Easy way to shift paying from casual to raider would make reapiring real money only. Would be the death of raiding too tho.

Why would Blizzard let wow go f2p anytime soon? Just because of you...lol. They still have enough players and subscriptions changes are much easier to plan for, on they the other hand the amount of money you can get from f2p is volatile.
    X

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    To be honest if you have trouble paying with WoW for real money you should be worrying about more pressing matters in your life.
    Duly noted, guy with 8500 posts on mmo-champion.com

Free to play games are barely worth it. I've tried a few of them and barely went back for a second time, and fewer still a third.

It's one thing to try it out (which you can do via a Starter Account), and another to play it forever. And they'll make it hard to do without buying stuff (micro-transactions).

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    It is already F2P. I've been playing ever since the beginning of the expansion without a single dollar
    No, this doesn't make it F2P..

As long as there is a person paying for your subscription with IRL money, the game is not F2P.. (Even so, as someone mentioned, a game you buy once and play with no subscription, would be B2P. The base game, also needs to be free for F2P)

You personally do not pay IRL currency, but instead opt to pay in the ingame currency..
    If you need to simplify the situation.. don't see it as buying game time directly with the ingame gold.
    You are actually buying 20euro for your ingame gold, which is then spend on gametime.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    I think some people are genuinely asking for f2p, not just for trolling. They need to be educated on downsides of f2p path. It has been happening every few months since beginning of WoW.
    I don't want WoW to go F2P.

I've played several F2P mmo's and damn, the communties are toxic.. When people don't have any money invested in the game, they don't seem to care much about what they do / say.. Well, the whales are usually nice.
    Last edited by Quibble; 2016-12-30 at 08:01 PM.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    You are clearly a Raider.

"Wah wah, Causals get things, and I work hard for better things, but its unfair they have anything." -WoW Raiding Community

Typical viewpoint for a mouth-breather who can press buttons and has lots of free time. aka Anyone Raiding in wow.

Some of us have families, and play with the time we have. We have the skill to raid (anyone does), but we don't have uninterrupted time to dedicate to it. Spending time on wow should provide rewards. I would argue the other way, that Raiders get too much. You bastards have access to questlines I wont ever have a solid block of time to complete. Could I, of course. Will I be able to, no. And it's for a freeking weapon graphic... dumb as hell. I accept I wont have a 890 ilevel until the next tier. I get it. I dont honestly need it. But Optional Graphics. What a load of shit. Its like the last thing I have to claw in this game is optional garbage no raider honestly gives two shits about. But nope, you guys get that. Fantastic.

Stop complaining about Casuals. You're privilege is showing.
    I have a 2 year old and a wife. I still raid twice a week.

Treat wow like any hobby. You either take time for it or you don't. Don't stand there whining about not setting off time for it.

Also your tone is adolescent. I doubt you are actually a grown man/women

Quote Originally Posted by borisshayo View Post
    Duly noted, guy with 8500 posts on mmo-champion.com
    Yes my post count relates to my finances. Good job there.

Also I make my money self employed. My work is around computers so I pretty much keep this logged in.

So I'll say it again. If 15 dollars or £9.99 is too much then you should take a look at your finances.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-30 at 08:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    It is already F2P. I've been playing ever since the beginning of the expansion without a single dollar. I just take the time to complete a few world quests per weeks/do my class halls missions religiously on a single character and I get by really easily.
    EDIT: Before I get yet another quote of people misunderstanding this, F2P is being used the way OP has used it. More accurately, World of Warcraft use a B2P with an optionnal subscription, funded through an "offer and demand" fluctuating market. It is entirely possible to play without spending a single dollar for several months - if not continually - minus the expansions that you have to pay for, no matter what.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do people really have issues coming up with 15.00 a month for their entertainment?

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    Do people really have issues coming up with 15.00 a month for their entertainment?
    Not when its mom's credit card paying for it.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Casuals" are probably around 75% of the population, the game would stop being profitable unless they double down on the cash shop and I dont think anyone wants that model.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I dont think its worth to pay 12e monthly just to do 4 lfr raids and then log off , they can simply remove access to normall-mythic raids and maybe some other features to from f2p players , that way everyone would enjoy this game on a fair price.

I personally play semihardcore atm raiding mythic etc and thats because it wouldnt justify the cost otherwise but real life and other responsibilities make it harder to keep up , i would like to play casually just to see the story and kill some time but the price is way too much.
    This is actually the very reason why I dropped The Old Republic when it went free.

Even if I raid normal and heroic now, I would never put myself in a position where I pay for what would amount for higher-difficulty rehashed content when I can otherwise access everything I need for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    You can't go to two movies a month for the cost of your WoW subscription. Two movies a month = maybe 4 hours of entertainment. Are you playing WoW for at least 1 hour per week? Then I don't see why you consider it expensive.

Then again, movies are kinda pricey these days.
    Where do you get TWO movies for the price of WOW sub? I cannot get a single movie ticket for that price, let alone soda, candy and popcorn..

In Denmark, movie tickets are 14-16 Euros each..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Where do you get TWO movies for the price of WOW sub? I cannot get a single movie ticket for that price, let alone soda, candy and popcorn..

In Denmark, movie tickets are 14-16 Euros each..
    To be fair Netflix has loads of movies and you can get that for £5.99 a month. So just over half a WoW sub. Also yeah I doubt any cinema has that. Bloody cinema food and drink here in the UK is pricey as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    To be fair Netflix has loads of movies and you can get that for £5.99 a month. So just over half a WoW sub. Also yeah I doubt any cinema has that. Bloody cinema food and drink here in the UK is pricey as hell.
    Netflix is for series and many of them are great.. The movies on Netflix are old and baaaaad (give the movies a lookup on IMDB and you'll see)..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Netflix is for series and many of them are great.. The movies on Netflix are old and baaaaad (give the movies a lookup on IMDB and you'll see)..
    Dude Netflix has Labyrinth. Don't you even dare.... And See no Evil, Hear no Evil.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-12-31 at 08:45 AM.