Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

What would YOUR WOW II be?

Hypothetical discussion because WoW II is unlikely but what would your WoW II be like?

For me:

It would be set 100+ years in the future
    Horde and Alliance are now one faction
    Vastly improved graphics but retaining the art style
    Legacy characters (can import WoW characters over with all mounts toys and mogs exclusive)
    New worlds to visit
    Two new classes
    Two new races
    Available on PC, XBOX & PS

*insert generic sarcastic response here*
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Hypothetical discussion because WoW II is unlikely but what would your WoW II be like?

For me:

Legacy characters (can import WoW characters over with all mounts toys and mogs exclusive)
    New worlds to visit
    Two new classes
    Two new races
    200-300 years in.
    New engine
    New setup
    3 factions
    No connection with older characters, other than 'relics' and wealth, and name, of course.
    Many more dimensions and worlds to visit.
    Reduce current classes, apply aprox 3 new classes.
    Switch around, about 5-6 races on each faction.
    On PC only.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbull View Post
    *insert generic sarcastic response here*
    *insert generic spam report here*
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Right after warcraft 3

Factions : Scourge, Horde, Alliance (Different classes for each one)
    MMORPG playstyle : Sandbox PvP Focused
    PvE enemy : Other primary factions, many secondary factions, but primarily the Legion.
    Item/Economy : Player manufactured and driven

15+ Year Old Account
    World of Diablo.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Deleted
    Set 25.000 years in the future.
    4 factions, no racial restrictions.
    New entire solarsystems to explore.
    Stargates instead of portals.
    Lasers instead of magic.
    Combat in space instead of on the ground.
    Classes are now selected as ships instead of locked in at creation, so you can swap as needed.
    Gear ships instead of character.
    Old lore only vaguely remebered as something that happened a long time ago and no actual information has survived for that long.
    New lore written from the end of WoW 1.

A class system more similar to Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. You can be every class on one character, and level them up separately.

As an example, to become a Paladin, you need to level Warrior to 30, and Priest to 15, to unlock the Paladin quest.

Max level is 50.

Leveling system is a mix between Guild Wars 2 dynamic events, and the questing we have in World of Warcraft already.

Dynamic events for a more dynamic world, and normal quests for more lore heavy stuff.

Lore is set in an alternate universe, starting directly after Warcraft 3, giving Blizzard a chance to make the lore go somewhere else.

WoW + Multiclassing.

Not available on consoles as that would be too limiting.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

For me:

New worlds to visit
    Two new classes
    Two new races
    And this is the problem imo. Other than story what would be different? In theory it would still be raids, dungeons and PvP. What specific new content would you want? Graphical enhancements are not the only solution to a game. I don't think it would succeed if it's same game, different setting and better graphics personally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    WoW + Multiclassing.

Not available on consoles as that would be too limiting.
    Believe it or not. Modern consoles don't limit MMOs too much. Only limit FF14 has for example is PS3 but that's going away soon anyway. Only big limitation I know of for FF14 because of PS3 is seamless zones which unfortunately they had to hardcode.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Modern consoles don't limit MMOs too much.
    When did modern consoles start coming standard with full function keyboards ?

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

When did modern consoles start coming standard with full function keyboards ?
    With the PS4 and I'm not sure if XB1 supports it. But a lot of MMOs do work well with a controller. ESO, Neverwinter and hell even STO does. I'm not saying there weren't limitations back then. I remember FF11 on PS2 worked with a controller because tbh anyone here who played it will say Controller absolutely trounces KB/Mouse for that game but well I'm diverging a bit.

My point was when FF14 drops PS3 support a major limiting factor will be gone is all. I don't think any form of WoW is suited to consoles personally.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-01-08 at 02:40 PM.

But a lot of MMOs do work well with a controller.
    SO - consoles do limit MMOs. All sorted.

SO - consoles do limit MMOs. All sorted.
    How so? How does ESO, Neverwinter and STO limit it with the few amount of buttons they already have? I haven't felt limited at all with any MMO I play on a console.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-01-08 at 02:43 PM.

Deleted
    -50 years in future
    -Azeroth completely changed due to titan breaking out.
    -new engine and better graphics.
    -Not for everybody, devs dont cater to the community as much.
    -still two factions, but much different. Forsaken are a bigger, more powerful faction with more undead options.
    -Linear raid progression: multiple launch raids but very different in difficulty and gear (like in TBC)
    -no lfd/lfr, no crossrealm
    -leveling is a bigger part of the game, casual players dont reach max lvl often and completing zones and doing dungeons while leveling is relevant and fun.
    -characters arent heroes like they are in legion, u start out as a unknown survivor of a big cataclysm.

(IMO they dont need to make a wow 2 unless they want to remake the old game for a new audience)

15+ Year Old Account
    Same as wow, except:

Raids would be set at 10m only. No Mythic+, only regular and heroic.
    More 5 mans and raids.
    No flying, mounts can not be purchased, only obtained through quest lines like the pally and lock mount use to be with rare mounts available by raids.
    Quest lines in each zone would have to be completed before opening up new zones.
    To Raid you would have to do the story quest and obtain a key.
    Harder to get to max level.
    CC becomes a very important part of the game in questing and raiding.
    Limit to 5 spells or actions but better CDs to pay attention to including CC.

I could go on, but these are the main things I would like to see change.

Deleted
    And this is the problem imo. Other than story what would be different? In theory it would still be raids, dungeons and PvP. What specific new content would you want? Graphical enhancements are not the only solution to a game. I don't think it would succeed if it's same game, different setting and better graphics personally.
    Well that's what MMORPGs are... quests, dungeons, raids & pvp

Well that's what MMORPGs are... quests, dungeons, raids & pvp
    Exactly. So how would a WoW 2 stop people after time bitching that it's just the same game with better graphics and a few minor changes? Essentially if Blizzard make an MMO to replace WoW or a sequel it has to do something bigger than WoW did. That is just my opinion though.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-01-08 at 02:47 PM.

Available on android and ios.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be terrible for the game. Putting it on console would require them to change the combat, interface and UI far to much for anyone that currently likes wow to play. It would mean it would be a completely different game. Not world of warcraft.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    It would be a RvR game - focus on the battle between the alliance and hordes, rather than some outside enemy like a demon or dragon.
    The game would be about controlling zones to gather resources. When enough resources are gathered you can acces a small raid with a random single boss that rewards epics or gold.
    As you control more zones the battlefield gets moved closer towards the other factions main base SW\ org.
    Flightpoints are only accessible to those who control the zone.