Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Potential demon hunter PvP nerfs

Hey guys,

You know it's coming, demon hunters are getting nerfed soon. I rerolled one and it feels good to melt my opponent. Sadly all good things must come to an end. The arena/battleground forums are filled with complaints about DH in PvP. How bad will blizzard nerf demon hunters? I predict a 30% agility nerf.

Deleted
    Well they are even more OP than release DKs were, so i guess they deserve the nerf, atleast in pvp.

I predict following: 1) Nerfs in agility template
    2) Increase cd on our imprison to 30 sec
    3) nerf to Demonic Origin

Removing the class would be the only fair nerf imo.

Jokes aside. Its so god damn stupid op on pretty much Every aspect right now that im starting to wonder how stuff like that even makes it to the PTR.

Do they just randomly buff stuff and hope for the best?

I'm not sure why demon hunter should get such a powerful execute even if on a 1 min cd from mana break. We already had warriors taking out people in 1 shot at 20% during WoD and while it was strong it was the only thing that made them competitive. Being able to take someone out at 30% HP instantly with no resource build up while doing percent based damage is just a bad idea and I have no idea how it made it through the PTR. It wouldn't even matter if this was on a 10 min cd because it only takes one use to kill a person in 3's and win the match.

Not only does it undermine Warriors execute as it was said to be the 'king' of execute removing hunters and paladins but Dh just don't need this. The fights are already a burst race this is too much and needs removing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    I'm not sure why demon hunter should get such a powerful execute even if on a 1 min cd from mana break. We already had warriors taking out people in 1 shot at 20% during WoD and while it was strong it was the only thing that made them competitive. Being able to take someone out at 30% HP instantly with no resource build up while doing percent based damage is just a bad idea and I have no idea how it made it through the PTR. It wouldn't even matter if this was on a 10 min cd because it only takes one use to kill a person in 3's and win the match.

Not only does it undermine Warriors execute as it was said to be the 'king' of execute removing hunters and paladins but Dh just don't need this. The fights are already a burst race this is too much and needs removing.
    I agree with your post but the main issue is that unlike wars execute this can be applied when ever and at range...hence comps like 3 DHs are pretty viable since they can 1 shot any1 other than mage and pally which is just bad design like arcane mages in s1...5s with 5 arcane mages

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    I agree with your post but the main issue is that unlike wars execute this can be applied when ever and at range...hence comps like 3 DHs are pretty viable since they can 1 shot any1 other than mage and pally which is just bad design like arcane mages in s1...5s with 5 arcane mages
    Oh wow yeah I hadn't thought of that. This needs replacing entirely. It's such a dull spell anyway and to balance it they'd need to nerf it into the ground. Extremely bad design on blizzards part.

It will sadly get nerfed into the ground and no dh will pick it. It won't be changed out until 7.2 because seemingly all the DHS were hush hush about it but now they will just end up with one less talent to pick from.

It is literally just 'press button and it does damage but oh yeah to justify the name mana break it does more damage if the target has mana'

Like wut

10+ Year Old Account
    The mobility is part of DHs kit, so i dont mind that, but their damage output and survivibility is just insane, they are extremely un fun to fight against in pvp, it seems like their only real counter is outnumber them and wait for them to run out of cds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    Well they are even more OP than release DKs were, so i guess they deserve the nerf, atleast in pvp.
    Were Dks really that OP on release? i remember getting killed by ret paladins more than dks early on in wrath.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    I STRONGLY disagree with that. Yes, they are absurd right now, but they are not THAT absurd.
    I am playing a Restoration Shaman and Holy Paladin (the latter with only 15 honour levels, ugh) in PvP atm and I have no life expectancy unless I can run around like a moron on mount and hope they waste their meta and then stack all my CDs at once. Which is a stupid thing to do and if you do, you deserve to die. But I can do all that and fake case perfectly and they can never get an interrupt to hit and I still die in 1v1 as soon as my CDs are over. One or two times, in the middle of them, because of the GCD to apply them : P

But.
    They are not as overpowered as Death Knights on their release and permafearing DnD (for instance).

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    The mobility is part of DHs kit, so i dont mind that, but their damage output and survivibility is just insane, they are extremely un fun to fight against in pvp, it seems like their only real counter is outnumber them and wait for them to run out of cds.

- - - Updated - - -

Were Dks really that OP on release? i remember getting killed by ret paladins more than dks early on in wrath.
    Unholy were insanely OP, Garg could solo mage by itself, dks after killed would rise as a ghoul and could still kill u, if they did, game went to them and they would dispell all hots with regular attack )))

I don't know much about DHs. I just know they are a pain to fight. When you think you are winning, they pull something out of their ass and turn the table. Either they move away instantly, stun you multiple times, suddenly get a lot of health back and your attacks seem to do reduced damage against them or your health suddenly drop.

Like I said, I don't know their mechanics well. I've seen DHs die pretty easily sometimes, and other times they just ROFLStomp you in an instant, so I guess they have lots of powerful cooldowns and the problem lies there.

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post

- - - Updated - - -

dks had some terrible design like removing hots or dnd fear but you could handle it, now hunters with the tnt stun, now thats probably the worst designed spell ever to make into the game so far and boy, the competition for that is really high

It's crazy how their performance spiked from pre event to Legion... I loved killing DH's pre Legion with my rogue but now they are just hilariously OP. It's stupid.

DHs are only op in casual pvp, mostly because your opponents will be below avg players. They are the worst class in competitive pvp...All i see here is shit players not knowing how to cc, pop defensives, and run the f away.

Deleted
    What is the honest point of a PTR?! I feel Blizzard treats the PTR like a joke every time. They never listen to feedback and they do insane changes at the last minute before patch release. It really defeats all purpose of a ptr to begin with.

I main dh, can't imagine we are fun to fight against, as soon as I realized how much of our pve dmg carries over I knew not only that we will be nerfed but really NEED to be, if you are a half sec slow on breaking out of stun it's over, I accept the nerfed that are inevitably coming as long as they are limited to pvp

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    DHs are only op in casual pvp, mostly because your opponents will be below avg players. They are the worst class in competitive pvp...All i see here is shit players not knowing how to cc, pop defensives, and run the f away.
    Minpojke, Cdew, Vanguards etc etc must all be shit then.

One way to describe your post, bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gully Man View Post
    Minpojke, Cdew, Vanguards etc etc must all be shit then.

One way to describe your post, bollocks.
    Only 14 are demon hunters out of the 400 highest rated 3v3 players. US ladder btw.

I guess that's because they're OP?

DHs have the most max lvl characters of any class, yet they are by far the least represented class in competitive pvp. Monks however, the least played class, has 14 players in the top 100(mostly WWs). Monks according to the majority of players are bad, DHs are OP.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-01-13 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    Only 14 are demon hunters out of the 400 highest rated 3v3 players. US ladder btw.

I guess that's because they're OP?
    Are you aware that the game is not balanced around top 0.1% ?

Harsh hotfixes are coming, both for PvE and PvP. The annoying thing is: why didn't Blizzard fix it during PTR?

Quote Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
    Are you aware that the game is not balanced around top 0.1% ?

Harsh hotfixes are coming, both for PvE and PvP. The annoying thing is: why didn't Blizzard fix it during PTR?
    Because they are not OP. Facts can't be wrong. At the moment there are only 37 DHs worldwide, rated over 2200 in 3v3, the next class has almost twice that number, and there are 268 druids. Facts...
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-01-13 at 05:32 PM.