Deleted

Shadowmeld in sub rotation

Hi, a new rogue here! I was planning to main a sub rogue for pve and i cant decide between going human or nelf. I usually pick human for anything I create cause emfh is nice to have. But for rogues, the nelf racials look so nice, specially shadowmeld. I think human is the go to race in pvp, but im not sure about pve...

My question is: Is shadowmeld used in the sub rogue rotation? Does it have a great impact in pve or pvp? What about the other specs?

I know racials dont have such an impact in dps, but if it changes the rotation (of the sub rogue in this case), i would like to know. Thank you for your time and happy new year! :D

15+ Year Old Account
    Reading this : https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...1941730?page=1
    Posted by Shaithis
    By the way, doesn't meld proc Subterfuge regardless?

No, it doesn't. Nor Master of Subtlety.
    I would say it's rather worthless, unless it was changed again.

Best way to test it would be doing a trial character, if only Sub was available though.

in pve it's basically a free symbols, which is good

altough if you're set on raiding sub i'd say go for gnome that extra 6 energy basically enables the spec to function without legendaries/arcway necks etc

In 7.1 : You can only Shadowstrike while Smelded.
    In 7.1.5 : You can Shadowstrike AND/OR Symbols of Death while Smelded.
    Rogue SimC Maintainer since 6.2.
    As a Rogue, the best thread on MMO-C to talk about Legion SimC is this one, it will be a pleasure for me to discuss with you there.
    I'm also the maker of AethysRotation, an addon to help you doing an optimized rotation (especially for Rogues).
    Finally, you can retrieve a lot of Rogues simulations results on our Resources Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethys256 View Post
    In 7.1 : You can only Shadowstrike while Smelded.
    In 7.1.5 : You can Shadowstrike AND/OR Symbols of Death while Smelded.
    Guessing SoD doesn't break Shadowmeld in 7.1.5?

SoD never break anything, it's just castable in 7.1.5.
    Rogue SimC Maintainer since 6.2.
    As a Rogue, the best thread on MMO-C to talk about Legion SimC is this one, it will be a pleasure for me to discuss with you there.
    I'm also the maker of AethysRotation, an addon to help you doing an optimized rotation (especially for Rogues).
    Finally, you can retrieve a lot of Rogues simulations results on our Resources Website.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethys256 View Post
    SoD never break anything, it's just castable in 7.1.5.
    That does make more sense. I assumed it would be already considering Shadowstrike is usable on live from what you said, so figured it'd break it somehow.

It it possible to shadowmeld and then stealth (macroed?) in order to proc subterfuge?