Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should Will of Valeera be buffed?

With the incoming 75% energy cost increase to feint, it seems to me that this is a huge nerf to the legendary legs and I feel that in order for them to be competitive with other utility legendaries that they will need some sort of buff. I got them last night, and I already have the belt and the boots, but even on a fight that is extremely healing intensive, I am not sure I would consider swapping the belt and the legs out simply because of the energy cost of feint next patch. In addition to that, the healing takes place over 5 seconds, which is only useful on fights that have some sort of constant damage dot on the raid. I feel that if Blizzard actually wants rogues to use this legendary in place of others, that it should be changed to...maybe..."Using Feint heals you for 20% of your max health instantly, then 10% over 3 seconds", or "Using feint also activates cloak of shadows and heals you for 20% of your max health instantly", that way it could actually be extremely impactful in high damage fights and it would feel more satisfying then just a simple healing dot on yourself. (These are just suggestions, not sure how OP they could be). Anyways, I just want to be able to change around my equipped legendaries every once in a while and I feel that the legs are not worth swapping in on the majority of fights.
    Last edited by ripple19; 2016-12-31 at 05:16 PM.

They will never be competitive with any other legendary anyways. It doesn't matter. Does anybody actually use these by choice? Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Leetbeartank View Post
    They will never be competitive with any other legendary anyways. It doesn't matter. Does anybody actually use these by choice? Lol
    And there it is, the old broken record playing again.

They should just swamp haste with crit, if not this legendary will always suck (at best, it can be usefull for world content and some high M+), couse atm , an 890 socketed crit/versa/mastery leg is way better then valeera (at last for poison assa).

Btw, if u actually want to use this for the healing effect, it will still be good at that even with the incoming faint nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Halobob87 View Post
    They should just swamp haste with crit, if not this legendary will always suck (at best, it can be usefull for world content and some high M+), couse atm , an 890 socketed crit/versa/mastery leg is way better then valeera (at last for poison assa).

Btw, if u actually want to use this for the healing effect, it will still be good at that even with the incoming faint nerf.
    I agree. Haste is terrible for Assasination, which is my spec, but I wasn't sure if it was bad for the other two so I didn't put that in. I agree though, mostly haste is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    And there it is, the old broken record playing again.
    What broken record, it is a fact, no one that ahs a choice use Will of Valera, no one will ever pick "feint heals you" over 5-10% damage boost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    What broken record, it is a fact, no one that ahs a choice use Will of Valera, no one will ever pick "feint heals you" over 5-10% damage boost.
    I got the dumb legendary leather belt (more dmg when thing > 90%) I should have prefered Will of Valeera for content I don't do in farm mode. 20% healh for a gcd is so powerfull.

The reason Will of Valeera is underwhelming is because Feint is a spammable ability. Hunters get a similar legendary to ours (Feign Death heals for 20% hp plus 5% per second for 10sec) which is clearly much more powerful, but it's on a cooldown while ours isn't.

They're fine for the niche they fill, but it'd be nice if Blizzard would change the 1000 haste on them into a useful stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sae View Post
    The reason Will of Valeera is underwhelming is because Feint is a spammable ability. Hunters get a similar legendary to ours (Feign Death heals for 20% hp plus 5% per second for 10sec) which is clearly much more powerful, but it's on a cooldown while ours isn't.

They're fine for the niche they fill, but it'd be nice if Blizzard would change the 1000 haste on them into a useful stat.
    Yeah that's true. In most fights there is no point to be spamming feint anyways so I think Hunter's have the best option it seems. And yep, the haste is terrible :/

Quote Originally Posted by Sae View Post

That would make feint much more powerful as you can just feint twice and have more healing, instead of laying dead on the ground with zero dps.

Deleted
    Personally I'd rather see the health part removed and have it refund the energy cost of feint over 5 seconds instead.

Either that or the haste changed into another stat.

Deleted
    It's awsome the way it is tbh!

sure it's not a dps increase, but the amount of times it has saved my life is uncountable, next to the fact that in the open world you're in theory a god, havent found any mob that can kill me with this (bar the worldbosses), it's amazing in worldpvp too!

ofcourse it's not a dps increase, that's not what it's ment to be. It's a utility legendary that does exactly what it states, Would you take other legendaries for maximizing dps? ofcourse!

the haste on it is akward I admit, but it works perfect for my outlaw rogue ^^

Deleted
    Only when doing old raids or in the Suramar elite area when playing outlaw. Or when the healer is dead and i want to heal up quickly out of combat (macro). Otherwise no.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarsnik View Post
    I got the dumb legendary leather belt (more dmg when thing > 90%) I should have prefered Will of Valeera for content I don't do in farm mode. 20% healh for a gcd is so powerfull.
    The "dumb leather belt" actualy deals some extra 3% damage, in fights where there are adds it does even more, and it has perfect secondary stats. If you gona use Will of Valera youre gona get a lot of haste and a special skill that you don't actualy use cause you are not going to spam feint or that will kill your dps, if you need this legendary to stay alive you either don't know how to use the rogue toolkit to survive, isn't executing the figth mechanics right or have realy bad healers in your party.

Deleted
    The "dumb leather belt" actualy deals some extra 3% damage, in fights where there are adds it does even more, and it has perfect secondary stats. If you gona use Will of Valera youre gona get a lot of haste and a special skill that you don't actualy use cause you are not going to spam feint or that will kill your dps, if you need this legendary to stay alive you either don't know how to use the rogue toolkit to survive, isn't executing the figth mechanics right or have realy bad healers in your party.
    3% dmg is nothing for difficult content. That why I say for stuff I don't farm. Like when you healer try to keep your tank alive throught the hit of a tyranical boss with necrotric stack. Or trash that deal aoe dmg, Or doing mythic+ without healer. It's an awesome addition to your toolkit (cloack of shadow is not spammable) comparing to just something that show on the dps metter. I am pretty sure I can find lot of situation in mythic+ where having the option to use 1-2 gcd to soak up lot of dmg is better than a 3% dmg increase.

It's a utility legendary and will stay that way, really no reason to buff it. It will never be chosen by elitist players because it doesn't provide a dps increase and Rogue has plenty enough damage mitigation already. Can't think of a situation where the Rogue wouldn't be the last dps standing already, besides maybe a ret pally, so even if the added heal does save you, you either messed up or everybody else is already dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarsnik View Post
    3% dmg is nothing for difficult content. That why I say for stuff I don't farm. Like when you healer try to keep your tank alive throught the hit of a tyranical boss with necrotric stack. Or trash that deal aoe dmg, Or doing mythic+ without healer. It's an awesome addition to your toolkit (cloack of shadow is not spammable) comparing to just something that show on the dps metter. I am pretty sure I can find lot of situation in mythic+ where having the option to use 1-2 gcd to soak up lot of dmg is better than a 3% dmg increase.
    3% is literaly the difference beteween killing a boss in time or wiping to enrage, or killing a boss before he overwhelms your team in mythic +, I lost the count of how many times on my many years in WoW I had wipes on sub 1%. And on mythic+ you always want to be faster. 3% is specialy valuable in non farm content cause when its farm you can afford to do less DPS cause everyone will be on top of theire game + better geared, not to mention it is more than 3% because if you are feinting to heal yourself you are wasting energy and GCDs with something that deals no damage, you should only feint the moments you already would wich are not that many, if you are feiting extra you are costing yourself DPS. And on mythic + the belt is specialy powerfull cause damage on trash matters, and that belt is amazing on trash packs, specialy comboed with the cloak. If you watched Serenitys +20 you should know its about doing insane deeps to blow the trash packs before they become a problem, why do you think paly tanks run with a DPS focused build, they don't care they become less sturdy with it, if things die faster you don't need to survive for a long time. The healer runing mythic + with you should be able to heal a rogue without Will that is executing the mechanics properly, seens ot me like you run with a healer that costs the team DPS having then go out of theire way to do his job.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2017-01-02 at 12:20 PM.

yeah they own in wpvp

Deleted
    3% is literaly the difference beteween killing a boss in time or wiping to enrage, or killing a boss before he overwhelms your team in mythic +, I lost the count of how many times on my many years in WoW I had wipes on sub 1%. And on mythic+ you always want to be faster. 3% is specialy valuable in non farm content cause when its farm you can afford to do less DPS cause everyone will be on top of theire game + better geared, not to mention it is more than 3% because if you are feinting to heal yourself you are wasting energy and GCDs with something that deals no damage, you should only feint the moments you already would wich are not that many, if you are feiting extra you are costing yourself DPS. And on mythic + the belt is specialy powerfull cause damage on trash matters, and that belt is amazing on trash packs, specialy comboed with the cloak. If you watched Serenitys +20 you should know its about doing insane deeps to blow the trash packs before they become a problem, why do you think paly tanks run with a DPS focused build, they don't care they become less sturdy with it, if things die faster you don't need to survive for a long time. The healer runing mythic + with you should be able to heal a rogue without Will that is executing the mechanics properly, seens ot me like you run with a healer that costs the team DPS having then go out of theire way to do his job.
    It's an eternal debate. I have lot of situations if I could have used a gcd to keep me alive some more seconds so I could have finished a boss/trash, you also put less stress on your healer. I know that shit dieing faster help too. In a perfect world where you never fuck up yes 3% dps probably better, but in most case I rather take extra healing.

And your example with Serenity is more about finishing in time that they went with a more dps oriented build on tank -> content that is farmed. And I don't get how the belt is powerful on trash, it's probably only effective on 8-9% of their healt since you hit after your tank did some aoe. (also they replace the outlaw gloves for me so meh)

I raised this very concern a month ago on the PTR forum due to the buff that Pyrdaz is getting (since it would have been higher than the Valeera heal). Essentially the only people that defend Valeera, saying its OP seem to be those that aren't concerned with the M raid scene.

Valeera should get a buff, more so than ever because of the energy nerf to feint. It has terribly poor stats and as far as utility goes, rogues don't have much of a survivability issue with their current toolbox. Seems Blizzard are trying to change that with the Feint and Cheat Death nerfs - sadly, the legendary gets worse with these nerfs rather than helps to alleviate them.

As others have said, good fixes would include changing the effect to an immediate heal or increase the amount, but preferably, something interesting like activating COS for 2 seconds would actually make me want to equip it. Or even making feint free - though, it would lose its solo appeal and realistically, you don't need perma feint in a raid encounter anyway so the mere loss of GCD would balance it.

It goes without saying that the stats are terrible and I switch it out for even Sephuz when ever I'm in a dungeon. I've got Cinidaria as my other (on top of Sephuz), which is a 2.5%-3% dps increase in raid encounters. Which, yes, is a dps increase, is still pretty crap considering its quite small compared to other legendaries and if for any reason you lose your opener (mechanics), you lose its legendary effect entirely for an entire fight. I'd have liked if the 33% buff that was planned for it wasn't cancelled.