Best monitor under 600$?

hey guys,

at first I wanted to build a PC with a 6gb 1060 GTX graphic card with a VG248QE monitor but then I decided to save more money to build a PC that can perform in the next 2-3 years.

So I am thinking of a GTX 1070 card with a 1440p monitor. I am currently looking at this Dell S2716DG because it is both a 1440p monitor, 144 HZ and Gsync in it.

What do you guys suggest?
    "It is always darkest just before the dawn " ~Thomas Fuller

Id go with the 24" version of that monitor, priced much better.

I would suggest getting an IPS display no matter what, even for gaming having colors that don't kill your eyes is more important than higher refresh rates in my opinion. (obviously there's nothing stopping you from having both)

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    I would suggest getting an IPS display no matter what, even for gaming having colors that don't kill your eyes is more important than higher refresh rates in my opinion. (obviously there's nothing stopping you from having both)
    IPS has no inherent advantages over TN in its ability to display colors, its just that most TN's are really cheap and choose to use low quality panels. A good TN can look just as good as an IPS while being faster, in fact i view a high end TN as a superior display than an IPS because IPS glow is a negative quality of IPS that can be far more distracting than color shift can be on TN's.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    IPS has no inherent advantages over TN in its ability to display colors, its just that most TN's are really cheap and choose to use low quality panels. A good TN can look just as good as an IPS while being faster, in fact i view a high end TN as a superior display than an IPS because IPS glow is a negative quality of IPS that can be far more distracting than color shift can be on TN's.
    I'm not sure what qualifies as "cheap TN" when the "Acer 27" Predator XB271HUA G-Sync" i bought felt like someone was poking my eye with knives. This could obviously be a model issue but i don't see many people talking about it.

I was just correcting your assertion that IPS can display more colors than TN panels, because that isnt true. That has more to do with backlight type used than anything. And if it was "killing your eyes" that could even either been too high of brightness or you could have used a mode that eliminated blue light (or used gaming glasses). Has nothing to do with how TN's produce color.