Finally hit 110 - a few Questions

Hey Guys,

i recently hit 110 and leveled as Sin and Sub. Got with both Weapons the first golden Trait (Blood of the Assassinated, Finality). As i level felt doing ok Damage in Dungeons as Assassin, but i love Sub (due to Mechanic) and so i respecced to Sub at 108 and did Dungeons and first LFR Raids as Sub.

My Peak DPS as Sub was about 200k (got same amout pre 110 as sin in normal dungeons) in LFR/Heroic (i got no legendarys) and felt like dealing no damage at all. At this point i'm asking myself, is Sub so bad or is just my Gear so damn shit compared to rest of the Planet.

My Stats:
    ilevel overall: 837
    Weapon: 835

Agi: 21k
    Crit: 34,67 %
    Haste: 14,53 %
    Mastery: 59,99 %
    Versatility: 2%

The main Question for me is, should i take more patience to gear up anddeal any compareable Damage with sub or should i respec to Sin or even Outlaw to compete with other Players. At this point i feel totally useless in Dungeons and Raids. I feel now is the a good point to consider which specc i should play, before i waste too much artificat power in a weapon.

What are your thoughts about this situation ?

Depends if you like Assassination or not. Personally I can't stand how slow it is, so I've stuck to Sub all the way through. If you're lucky enough to get the boots you'll do fine (fuck me, right?). AFAIK the general consensus is that Sub pulls ahead in NH.

Also, yes, your gear is awful currently. 837 is really low, it'll go up fast once you start doing Mythics/mythic+ get a legendary etc. Do you have your third relic yet? Work on that ASAP if not, that's always a huge upgrade.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-01-01 at 03:04 PM.

Deleted
    Sub scales better with gear, assa will probably be better for you til you get a higher ilvl. I would probably recommend you pumping ap in assa weapon and when you get 35 trait on it switch to sub, but it also personal preference for you (imo assa is boring and sub is more fun than it).

I already picked up my third relic :-)

As far as I understand you, sub will suck until I can luckily loot the boots. Otherwise it cannot compete. Even nighthold looks like it can get better - but sin will also get new items.

How far can outlaw compete ? Hadn't played it...

Tl,Dr.; stick to sin (ok with low items) only think about sub if you get the boots?!?

Quote Originally Posted by er4di View Post
    Hey Guys,

i recently hit 110 and leveled as Sin and Sub. Got with both Weapons the first golden Trait (Blood of the Assassinated, Finality). As i level felt doing ok Damage in Dungeons as Assassin, but i love Sub (due to Mechanic) and so i respecced to Sub at 108 and did Dungeons and first LFR Raids as Sub.

My Peak DPS as Sub was about 200k (got same amout pre 110 as sin in normal dungeons) in LFR/Heroic (i got no legendarys) and felt like dealing no damage at all. At this point i'm asking myself, is Sub so bad or is just my Gear so damn shit compared to rest of the Planet.

My Stats:
    ilevel overall: 837
    Weapon: 835

Agi: 21k
    Crit: 34,67 %
    Haste: 14,53 %
    Mastery: 59,99 %
    Versatility: 2%

The main Question for me is, should i take more patience to gear up anddeal any compareable Damage with sub or should i respec to Sin or even Outlaw to compete with other Players. At this point i feel totally useless in Dungeons and Raids. I feel now is the a good point to consider which specc i should play, before i waste too much artificat power in a weapon.

What are your thoughts about this situation ?
    Mutilate is easier to gear and performs better at lower ilvl (and boring as a German joke in my opinion). Sub can compete with a higher ilvl and more ap into the weapon (and much more fun). Boots aren't necessary but are very good for dps, but you can be competitive to some extent. Outlaw I have no idea because it is to rng for my liking. I would say play what you enjoy.

I recommend assass. It's a safe bet and for what it's worth, I enjoy it.

Everyone likes to complain about legendaries, but trying to get 1 of the 8 to drop for Subtlety is even more annoying. If you don't want to become another sub Rogue complaining about lack of leg boots, just pick assass or outlaw.

Outlaw is better for cleave/aoe so if the highest content you want to do is M+ then that's probably the best spec for you. Otherwise, assass is better for single target and performs in M+ as well.

End of the day, nobody can tell you what to play. You need to just decide and stick with it. All 3 specs are fine, pick the one you enjoy the most, improve your ilvl, and you'll be able to compete with damage regardless of legendaries and what not. Just choose a spec and get to work.