Sin PVE: Bleed or Poison focus?

Hello.

I am currently a poison/spec'd Sin rogue and am wondering if I should swap to bleeds instead. For raids (guild only does heroics, not mythics) I run poison. But change talents with my mastery setup to bleed for mythic+ (10-12).

In this scenario, would I be better off committing straight to bleeds to do more in mythic+ and do relatively the same in Raid? Does Nighthold favor bleed or poison at all?

I currently only have legendarys for sin (bracers/boots). Nothing for outlaw and sub. I would like to stay Sin for the time being in raid and mythic+.

Thanks!

People love asking the same questions over and over again that have been answered a hundred times. If your guild is still doing only heroics at this point, where EN and ToV are a joke, then that means they are very casual about it, which means at that level, it's not going to matter at all whether you use exsanguinate or agonizing poison. And why are you asking if you need to "commit" to bleeds or poisons, it's the same spec, you're just swapping a single talent choice, you dont need to commit to anything. Even if you have a lot of mastery you can keep it for m+ because deadly poison / poison bomb does a large portion of your damage, or have a few pieces with crit / versatility instead of mastery lying around, it doesn't really matter much. the 7.1.5 changes along with the new tier set bonuses favor agonizing poison, so keep that in mind. Forget outlaw / sub for now since you have sin BiS legendaries, their output won't be anywhere near your sin output.

OP: We would need to see your armory. How -much- mastery and crit is an important question that needs answered. Some people with the triple Vendetta relic set up prefer Exsang. due to how it lines up with Vendetta. With 3 relics, or 2+Boots, your V+Exsang should line up 100% of the time, which is a good damage increase.

Something to keep in mind as well. If you go to WacraftLogs, you can sort individual bosses for US-Assassin Rogues and see what Talents the top 200, 400, or however deep you want to look, use. You'll see a large, large majority use Agonizing Poison for every fight. Ilgy, if you stay Assassination instead of going Outlaw, I believe is mainly Exsang due to many lower HP adds with burst windows. I haven't checked in a while, but don't forsee that changing.

As far as Nighthold goes, I haven't done enough prep on it yet. I know the Tier Bonus favors --Exsang-- (old data, perhaps. Don't know how much the incoming Exsang nerf alters this)., but I am not sure if it favors it enough to completely drop Agonizing Poison once you obtain the Tier bonuses.
    Last edited by Shaley; 2017-01-02 at 12:34 AM.

My armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ytighty/simple

I went with zero vendetta relics; since it seems to really push you further into single-target mode. Plus, I have the boots.

In terms of "committing"; it mostly referred to re-doing enchants and gems. But since mastery can be good in AoE, I should probably just stick with poison anyway. And just change two talents when doing M+ and raiding.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    OP: We would need to see your armory. How -much- mastery and crit is an important question that needs answered. Some people with the triple Vendetta relic set up prefer Exsang. due to how it lines up with Vendetta. With 3 relics, or 2+Boots, your V+Exsang should line up 100% of the time, which is a good damage increase.

Something to keep in mind as well. If you go to WacraftLogs, you can sort individual bosses for US-Assassin Rogues and see what Talents the top 200, 400, or however deep you want to look, use. You'll see a large, large majority use Agonizing Poison for every fight. Ilgy, if you stay Assassination instead of going Outlaw, I believe is mainly Exsang due to many lower HP adds with burst windows. I haven't checked in a while, but don't forsee that changing.

As far as Nighthold goes, I haven't done enough prep on it yet. I know the Tier Bonus favors --Exsang-- (old data, perhaps. Don't know how much the incoming Exsang nerf alters this)., but I am not sure if it favors it enough to completely drop Agonizing Poison once you obtain the Tier bonuses.
    Are you sure you want to be replying to threads like these when you're this uninformed.

1. People with triple vendetta relics do it solely for agonizing poison, they never line up when you're using exsanguinate. In fact, they put Vendetta at 1 min, and exsang at 45 sec, which means you'll have to wait 15 seconds every time in order to line them up, that means you're using 3 exsanguinates instead of 4, which is ultimately a dps loss. The only time they do line up is when you have boots + 2 MA relics.

2. I have no idea how you got it into your head that the tier set bonuses favor exsang, it is quite the opposite, they favor agonizing poison. The 2 piece bonus puts a bleed on the target for 30% of your mutilate damage. Mutilate does much higher damage with stacks of agonizing poison on the target, hence more damage from the bleed. The 4 piece bonus increases envenom damage by 10% per bleed you have on the target, envenom does a lot more damage when you're using agonizing poison, due to the AP stacks, and due to the fact that you gear for mastery which increases the base damage of envenom.

3. The exsanguinate nerf was reverted a long time ago, it's still 100%.
    Last edited by Jeclipse; 2017-01-02 at 12:14 PM.