An Addon Must Be Made For the Greater Good (If Possible!)

I would like to ask the MMO-Champion Lua wizards for a moment of their time since an addon must be created to help a great number of players.

The purpose of this addon is to help groups carrying M+ keys quickly and more efficiently find keys for their runs. This addon would work like the old OQueue from MoP, but for those unfamiliar, it is similar to the blizzard in-game group finder system, but slightly different. Players signing up to have their key run, or carried, would have to put in their equipped ilvl (I hate how blizzard only shows in-bag ilvl), their key dungeon location, and difficulty. From the carry group leader's perspective, he or she should be able to sort by dungeon location, and perhaps include parameters of which dungeon difficulties to view. This way, players can simply put their key and information into the system and those folks running groups can much easier find keys to run through a much more efficient system (It should be noted that you should be able to send whispers through the system after some level of confirmation, to avoid getting spammed, in case somebody with lots of alt codes in their name holds a key). I understand that, just like OQueue, only those with the addon downloaded could use the system, but if an addon of this usefulness gets created, I have no doubt that it will gain traction incredibly quickly.

Let me know your thoughts and the feasibility of such a program and thank you for your time.
    Cheers.
    Last edited by Weagree; 2017-01-02 at 03:44 AM.

There's already one that's similar. Check curse I'm not sure of the name.

There's one called KeyQueue a twitch streamer made: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-KeyQueue.html

It collects players simply by people whispering the key link. You can install this then make a group asking players to whisper you their keys. It doesn't share item level and doesn't have an immense network like oQueue had, but it's something.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    There's one called KeyQueue a twitch streamer made: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-KeyQueue.html

It collects players simply by people whispering the key link. You can install this then make a group asking players to whisper you their keys. It doesn't share item level and doesn't have an immense network like oQueue had, but it's something.
    The major difference between what I'm thinking of and what you're describing is that from what I see, the twitch streamer has to remain in queue or has to somehow get people to continuously whisper him. I was thinking more of a system that anyone can access at any time with numerous people going in and out at any point and doesn't require anybody to sit in queue since it auto-delists you at 5 players.

Deleted
    So basically an addon that filters everyone with the same addon in somewhat of a channel and linking each other's key?

there's also keybooster..

These are the type of addons that must NOT be made. The problem with the game is a lack of in-game community. For the greater good, its important to get people to talk and interact with each other and form that community. Streamlining the process of forming groups to the point where you don't even talk to people is the core of the problem. If I ran this game, i would find a way to break KeyQueue and any such similar addons.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    These are the type of addons that must NOT be made. The problem with the game is a lack of in-game community. For the greater good, its important to get people to talk and interact with each other and form that community. Streamlining the process of forming groups to the point where you don't even talk to people is the core of the problem. If I ran this game, i would find a way to break KeyQueue and any such similar addons.
    Good thing you don't then.

I agree with the sentiment that not every group activity must be automated.
    We see complaints about the lack of community, but a determination in the higher level groups to have simpler and quicker judgments while raising the bar ever more to overcome the consequences of a simplistic measure.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    The issue with third party software can simple be proven by you having to ask for this. Not all players, and especially the once who require carries, will not know of or have this addon.