Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    I don't it's a matter of which does better AoE - obviously FsC does the highest. I think it's a matter of do you need more AoE or ST damage in your group. Personally, I found that the higher you go in mythic+ you get better benefit from increased ST damage than AoE.
    I am 50/50 with this, I was in a group that 2 chested a Hall of Valor 12 with meh Affixes. The only reason we got this was because we had a Frost DK, DH and a hunter. All our single target was decent enough to blow up bosses, but we destroyed the dungeon and almost got a 3rd chest because trash was non existent with this group.

I think this is more dependent on the Dungeon and Affixes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by m3tt View Post
    rime hits way harder than scythe
    scythe is shit
    ga is also shit
    people underestimate single target dps importance in m+
    these are facts
    Problem with Rime is the RNG, it is better single target but not better cleave or AoE. Single target you can use both rime and Scythe procs so comparing the two isn't the best as you will still be getting Rime procs, even if it is less. I would compare more the single target gain for the extra froststrike you get compared to the Rime procs.

Frostscythe is also not far off a total dps loss from RA on single target, it is enough where you wouldn't want it in raid but not enough to counter the importance of AoE/cleave in mythic+. So it isn't about underestimating single target in M+ but looking at the over all picture which causes Frostscythe to be higher dps over all for mythic plus.

That being said, if you are fine without frostscythe in mythic+ then that is fine depending on affixes and group.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    I don't think it's a matter of which does better AoE - obviously FsC does the highest. I think it's a matter of do you need more AoE or ST damage in your group. Personally, I found that the higher you go in mythic+ you get better benefit from increased ST damage than AoE.
    Goes a bit deeper. I honestly feel resource starved without RA.

Or, rather, I have far more downtime when I take FS vs RA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    I think everybody is in agreement.

FsC just dominates for AoE and if your group would benefit from having a monster aoe class then take it and ur job is to dominate in aoe dmg.

RA wont come close to the AoE but if you want to take a pack at a time and have more control with the pack you pull take this, it will also prove very wise at a boss.

ALOT plays a part with which you choose here, even legendary choices such as helm will give you more freedom. but the affix/dung/group all decide imo the talent choice.

we are NOT top single target dps with RA. but were good.
    we are VERY strong AoE with FsC.

Dont ignore either talent they both have a place in a FDK talent tree. but I stand by what I said earlier, if your pushing content at higher lvls RA will prove a greater toolset than FsC. if your group is higher geared then FsC becomes an easier choice to speed them runs up.
    Last edited by mmoc06de37979c; 2017-01-03 at 02:34 PM.

Depends on the M+ level and affixes.

Anything below ~9 and FSc is the better option as you will be pulling much bigger groups and the bosses won't be tyrannical.

+10 and above, individual mobs become more dangerous and you generally have a more set kill order, so I think RA is a better option. RA is significantly stronger for ST and boss kill times become more important the higher the + level.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    Depends on the M+ level and affixes.

Anything below ~9 and FSc is the better option as you will be pulling much bigger groups and the bosses won't be tyrannical.

+10 and above, individual mobs become more dangerous and you generally have a more set kill order, so I think RA is a better option. RA is significantly stronger for ST and boss kill times become more important the higher the + level.
    Some other opinions have echoed this as well.

I agree 100%.

Choosing between Fsc and RA really comes down to several things:

1) Group composition - if you don't take scythe, are there some other heavy hitting AOE classes that can pick up the slack?
    2) Affixes - Tyrannical? Boss fights, not trash, are the bread and butter and the big time wasters. Nothing worse than a 4-5minute wipe on tyrannical because DPS didn't down the boss fast enough. Boss needs to die faster. Sanguine going to cause too much spread? Can the mobs be clumped well enough? Do mobs needs to die at same time or spaced out?
    3) Mythic + Level - if the mobs are going to be pulled 5 at a time, and they aren't leaving goop on the ground, ala sanguine, frostscythe will be a monster
    4) Frostscythe for Nightbane runs. Has a use the entire run.

All this said, RA is one of those talents you wish Blizzard made baseline. Makes playing the spec a lot smoother.