Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Nah I don't think rank 3 flasks should be given out like candy. You gotta earn them. I've made a killing off those things because so many people don't have it because they're too lazy to grind it.
    Most people just want a way to 800 Alchemy without relying on the RNG of discovering a rank 3 flask or grinding Nightfallen to Revered then getting rank 3 recipe from Na'zak.

I only got HP pot rank 3, and they proc very well xD
    Still only 2 star flasks though =(
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopsight View Post
    Buying bulk through mail or trading from bots/RWTs is a great way to get banned, to all looking into doing this. You also won't get anything refunded by Blizz if they decide to wipe out goods that were obtained through duping or other means against the ToS. If you buy through the AH they won't do anything to you.

I didn't keep track of exact numbers, I would estimate an average of 200-300 crafts per, although there was a huge standard deviation. Flask of Countless Armies and Leytorrent potion both took well over 500 crafts for me, while old war and deadly grace were both within 100 crafts. I've been reinvesting profits for months in order to afford all rank 3s.

There's a lot less luck involved in making money with Alchemy than there is in getting a titanforged Six feather fan or something
    Buying from bots COD can never get you banned, as they cannot be sure you knew the farmed goods were botted or not (bar party logs where admittance of the fact, but i never heard such a ban).

You understand that you were quite lucky with your procs and you're definitely not the average Alchemist out there. Also, why compare the craft procs with a titanforged drop, is beyond me. Quite the different situation, as for an item you need 2 layers of rng. Have it drop and then roll titanforged. Alchemy you just have the layer of proccing, as we assume you have the power to get the mats for crafting (no rng on that)

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Buying from bots COD can never get you banned, as they cannot be sure you knew the farmed goods were botted or not (bar party logs where admittance of the fact, but i never heard such a ban).

You understand that you were quite lucky with your procs and you're definitely not the average Alchemist out there. Also, why compare the craft procs with a titanforged drop, is beyond me. Quite the different situation, as for an item you need 2 layers of rng. Have it drop and then roll titanforged. Alchemy you just have the layer of proccing, as we assume you have the power to get the mats for crafting (no rng on that)
    People have been banned for buying large amounts of mats directly, yes. Blizzard isn't stupid if you are buying 10s of thousands of herbs or hundreds of oblit etc for mysteriously cheap prices outside of the AH.

I just think it is nuts to complain about alchemy being luck based when clearly it is far less luck based than other things in the game, it's just a matter of having gold or mats to invest. It is far from the first market to be gated by these kind of extreme barriers to entry, just look at vial of the sands or sabres eyes

Deleted
    I dont mind having to craft a ton to reach r3, sure its tedious as hell, but its a part of it. I only have 1x r3, thats old war, and I crafted about 2k pots to get it, and a guildie who is not an old war user got his r3 on the FIRST craft, thats just how rng works. "So give your herbs to that guy to craft your pots!", naah, I prefer to be self sufficient.

However, I care more about the re-learn tome for Alchemy, all the other professions actually re-learn
    everything, Alchemy one does not. You would have to go back and do CoS and Arcway for the drops. Now THAT is something we can be angry about. Makes the whole "In Legion you dont need alts for professions, you can switch back and forth as you like for a small fee".

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    There shouldn't be any catch up mechanism because it would defeat the whole concept of having "level up" proffessions and chain quests etc. If you want the proffession you should have to go through what everyone else went through otherwise you are simply gaining an unwarranted advantage over everyone who struggled for months to advance.
    What about those who "struggled" for an hour and got their rank 3 Flasks? Is that unwarranted as well? The "effort" involved in rank 3 recipes isn't really measurable, since it's completely random. Someone can indeed struggle for months and waste a ton of gold. Someone else lucks out and gets it nearly instantly.

try mining I've given up on maxing that out.... yeah i can do what i need rank 2 stuff but when everything minus veins is gray at the 770 range just wow. Legion destroyed professions for casuals / people that just want to play professions.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Anyone had more luck getting their Rank 3 recipes yesterday? Curious if the alchemy recipes are included in their "Many 3-star recipes have had their drop rate increased." I haven't tried to craft a batch of flasks yet this week, but I know Nomi at least doesn't seem to be much better. Bunch of (slightly) burnt food again yesterday.

Like what r3 is from boss? Can you name 1?
    Yes there should be a line, noone ask for insta free rank 3. Demanding thousands of potions clearly crossed that line. So now all profession alts are botters?
    And enlighten me what the hell have rank 3 recipes to botters? They will bot not matter what and with bots they probably have rank 3 long time ago.
    People are just greedy and are happy because the less people have rank 3 the better for them and does not matter for them that some people spend already millions of gold and still cant get the recipe.

Why would there be ... ? Not like it's a mandatory part of a character, unlike AP...

I have made nearly 1k ancient rejuvenation potions in the last two days and still no rank 3.

This profession is awful right now unless you get lucky. I crafted over 400 Int flasks easily just to get rank 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Like what r3 is from boss? Can you name 1?
    Yes there should be a line, noone ask for insta free rank 3. Demanding thousands of potions clearly crossed that line. So now all profession alts are botters?
    And enlighten me what the hell have rank 3 recipes to botters? They will bot not matter what and with bots they probably have rank 3 long time ago.
    People are just greedy and are happy because the less people have rank 3 the better for them and does not matter for them that some people spend already millions of gold and still cant get the recipe.
    Yeah the people complaining are those spending millions without recipe...

No its the people who spend a couple thousands here and there that wants free handout against people that have actually invested hundred thousands / million for the recipe.

Deleted
    1 500 000 po spent for 2 000 flasks, no ranks 3.
    Utility of rng ? pls give me this recipe ....

Quote Originally Posted by Tolian View Post
    Anyone had more luck getting their Rank 3 recipes yesterday? Curious if the alchemy recipes are included in their "Many 3-star recipes have had their drop rate increased." I haven't tried to craft a batch of flasks yet this week, but I know Nomi at least doesn't seem to be much better. Bunch of (slightly) burnt food again yesterday.
    The week before patch I made ~200 old war pots looking for rank 3, I got it after 7 potions post-patch. I feel bad for anyone who spent millions of gold looking for R3 if they are trivial to get now.

Trivial? I made another 400 potions after patch and still nothing. I dont know what to do, try to make other potions? I really need old war r3 because I use them on two toons. But maybe I have to craft others instead only old war? Seriously this drives me crazy.
    Last edited by Mamut; 2017-01-13 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iky43210 View Post
    Yeah the people complaining are those spending millions without recipe...

No its the people who spend a couple thousands here and there that wants free handout against people that have actually invested hundred thousands / million for the recipe.
    Although it should already have procced by the time you've sunk several thousand gold into the craft, if you're wanting parity with other professions.